Paint color for master bedroom, coastal home
dorrie2012
Trying to find the right paint color for for my master bedroom. I have a king bed with an April Cornell Oceana Paisley quilt by C&F. I was set on Sherwin williams Rainwashed, but am now considering Waterscape. The third chip, Sea Salt, i eliminated after taking the picture. There is a tray ceiling that will probably be painted white or a pale blue. All the trim will be white.

Thoughts, opinions??
dorrie2012
Sorry, for those who might have difficulty reading the colors, like me, Waterscape is the first from the left, top color, Rainwashed is in the middle, top color on the chip.
August 27, 2013 at 12:29pm   
mcbriec
I would probably choose rainwashed since it is more neutral and therefore more versatile if you want new bedding in a different color.

However, if you know you're a die hard fan of blue then I would choose Waterscape. Since your colors are so pale as to be difficult to show what they are, I would paint a darker version of them on the tray ceiling to give a slight amount of punch which will contrast with the white molding.
August 27, 2013 at 12:39pm      Thanked by dorrie2012
In middle 2 down. For walls. Use teal, turquoise and white as accent colors. Silver accents would also work.
August 27, 2013 at 12:43pm        Thanked by dorrie2012
lesliemahler
I would go with the middle card, second down for a bit more color. Pretty bedding!
August 27, 2013 at 12:45pm   
sondramartina
I recently painted my sons room and I was considering same colours as well as Sleepy Blue .
August 27, 2013 at 12:49pm        Thanked by dorrie2012
Genevieve
I like them all :) i would go with the one in the middle 3rd one it looks like a nice grey from here .
August 27, 2013 at 12:49pm      Thanked by dorrie2012
dorrie2012
Mc, the Waterscape is actually more green than the Rainwashed. The photos are not a true representation of the colors. I am going to paint a sample board of each color. Both work with the quilt. The Waterscape brings out the green, while the rainwashed brings out the blue.

Thinking about painting the tray a pale blue, possibly the top color of whichever color i chose, but am not ruling out a darker color. I just don't want the room to feel closed in. This room doesn't receive much light. The northern windows open to a screened porch, and there is one window that faces east, so there is early sunlight. After 1:00, depending on the time of year, the room is pretty dark.
August 28, 2013 at 6:48am   
Tina Lynn
Was just wondering about that,glad you mentioned this....I would definitely select Rainwashed in that case.
August 28, 2013 at 6:58am      Thanked by dorrie2012
Tina Lynn
I meant the room's overall location and light variations.
August 28, 2013 at 6:59am   
gsweeney55
I used BM Ocean air in my master bedroom and bath at my beach house. Everyone who comes in falls in love with the color. Attaching a couple of pics although hard to get the true color
August 28, 2013 at 7:06am     
dorrie2012
GS, I live BM paints and it is all I use at home, but the closest BM dealer in this beach town is at least two hours away! :(. Most of the painters here use SW so that is what I will be using. I will check ocean air out on the BM site. I love the color and your room. Very tranquil! Thanks for responding and thx for the photos!
August 28, 2013 at 7:17am     
Tina Lynn
SW6799 Soar would be another option for ceiling color.
August 28, 2013 at 7:39am   
gsweeney55
Usually a paint dealer can match the color from another dealer. Good luck with your project.
August 28, 2013 at 10:24am   
dorrie2012
Yes, sometimes they can if they have the same color base. I had a disaster years ago with when a painter insisted SW could color match Ben Moore Hawthorne Yellow. it was so off and more of a lemon yellow! What a disaster! Glad I was there before he painted the entire great room!
August 28, 2013 at 12:18pm   
Closet Classics of Andover
A light mint green would be nice and refreshing for a costal home.
August 28, 2013 at 12:20pm   
Snaggy
I like the first strip of colours the best
August 28, 2013 at 12:25pm   
dorrie2012
dorrie2012
I am going to paint a sample board of the first strip, waterscape, and post later when it dries,Waterscape is more green, Rainwashed, more blue. Both look good with the quilt. Trim will be designer white.
August 28, 2013 at 12:30pm   
What's your best housekeeping tip?
Occasionally my 12 year old daughter will clean the...
Will these choices work????
Went to Ethan Allen shopping for new living room furniture...
What color should I paint my family room
I'm trying to find a good color to paint my family...
how wide a sink base cabinet required for a 29" farm sink?
I'm designing a small kitchen where every inch counts!...
Adding curb appeal to our ranch style home
We purchased this 50's ranch style home and completely...