Need help!!
kateg31
I just had these curtains made that i thought i would love, but something is just wrong with this room. Paint color? Lamps? Help!!
jule822
i like the curtains. for me, maybe change the lamps. they mimic the curtains a bit. but i think u did a good job with the room!
0 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 4:11PM
Ann
I like the curtains - looks like they aren't quite hung right yet. I just think the tan needs a bit of repeating. Maybe in a rug, lamp bases, pillows. Once you've done that it might come together better. Can the coffee table be adjusted (maybe turned) so it isn't right up against the sectional like it is.
1 Like   August 27, 2013 at 4:13PM
abbyjean
NO lamps next to the curtains as they sort of ruin the stripe by being right there....no lamp on a table behind the sectional anyway.

Two thoughts.....move the sectional back to the wall and put the side table and lamp where the dog is now and move the other one to another area in the room OR Turn the sectional so part is on the wall and the other faces the window and the curtains/window are open to the room. Then put a side table at each end with a lamp.

It could be the panes in the window are fighting with the stripes???
1 Like   August 27, 2013 at 4:22PM
The curtains might work better on short stationary rods since it doesn't look like they are meant to be closed. The wide stripe may be dwarfing your lamp shades - try larger lamps that can compete with the muscular tan stripe and sprinkle more of it around the room. These two are a bit on the pricey side, but you get the idea from them. Might try a sisal rug with a tan border in front of the sectional.
40 Park Roseland Property Morristown NJ
Family Room
Eisler Lamp
Carlsbad Lamp
Chevron Sisal with Cotton Border Rug
5 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 4:28PM
studio10001
This room would be a good candidate for an arc lamp. Budget permitting, a plush area rug and glass topped coffee table would give some visual lift,as well. Look for strong colour and pattern for your cushions and walls - they appear wan and need to be able to hold their own against the lovely new curtains. And end tables on the end, please.
0 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 4:32PM
csevene
I think the curtain rod split as it is throws the room off ...
Opt for a single rod all the way across.
Like the idea of arc lamp ...
1 Like   August 27, 2013 at 5:58PM
Yes the rods. you only Need half rods on ends.
0 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 6:18PM
csevene
Also think you should remove ALL accessories from the room and then decide what you will put In there, looks like all pillows could be replaced.
1 Like   August 27, 2013 at 6:23PM
hmf70
I think Abbyjean is right- the stripes and windowpane squares are fighting. You might need curtains in a solid color, something like maybe that pretty green on the pillow there. I love those lamps, but maybe something with a big fat round base would soften the look?
1 Like   August 27, 2013 at 6:44PM
anne dee
All the colors are very flat so the the space looks washed out.
Curtain rods are wrong.
This inspiration pic may give you some ideas on how to add color

1 Like   August 27, 2013 at 6:52PM
Keitha
Try shortening the rods as suggested and if you want to keep two rods each one should only extend just past the short windows. Then, arrange the panels so that each panel covers the side windows totally. The top folds of the panels should be EVEN and hang evenly. The top end of each panel should "return" to the wall instead of flopping in mid air.... Another tip, smooth each fold all the way down the length of the panel with your hand to give each fold definition. If the folds do not want to stay in place by themselves just tie a piece of fabric loosely around them near the bottom for a few days. The drapes are really lovely, they just aren't hung properly.

I think if you paint the room the darker color of the stripe it would tie everything together. :-)
2 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 7:14PM
HI -- The drapes look nice but you need two more panels and they don't seem to be hanging properly. Can you get more made . If that is not possible then hang some under sheers the same color as the lightest color of the drape fabric , then the drapes can just be the side panels . I think your hanging rings are too far apart. Then match your wall color to the drapes.
0 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 7:25PM
chemayne
Love the colour palette of room and curtains. Your primary light source are the ceiling recessed lights. The lamps are secondary. The problem lies with the lamp shades. Change them to a contrasting lamp shade. See examples:
Carlton Table Lamp
Camille Lamp
Garrison Cylinder Lamp
Fillmore Smoke Glass Lamp With Dusty Blue Shade
0 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 7:45PM
Mary Ann Overbaugh
The window is gorgeous....I would like the curtains extended outside of the window frame. What color are the walls...they look greenish but distracting.
0 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 7:56PM
Comfort Shades
Shorter drapery rods, darker lamps and a bit less accessories on sofas. Light bulbs shouldnt be so strong, brightness is taking away of overall look.
0 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 8:09PM
rdaskaloff
I agree. The drapes distract from those lovely windows.
Remember. 18" between couch and table. You have this table too close.
0 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 8:10PM
bhewit
I would add a wood cornice above window to ceiling and paint the walls the darker beige in the draperies. Paint the cornice same as the trim
1 Like   August 27, 2013 at 8:36PM
bhewit
Do you have room to pull sectional away from wall and put end table on the end?
0 Likes   August 27, 2013 at 8:37PM
I need a help deciding on arts pleaseeee help I need your help
Which arts you think will fit my place the best in...
yannick27
Stuck-need help on living room- need help decorating- furniture ideas
My living room comes off the front entrance and it...
jannnnn
needs major help, cracked tile and tub has cracks too, needs help
in desperate need of some help, very old and grey bathroom!!!...
josephnick
Need help finishing this livingroom i need you inputs plssss help
That what i have now need help to finish itt thankss...
sunrise27
Can you help me Identify this wood flooring?
Hi! I had such great success with help here before...
Stephanie Martin
Our plans, any suggestions?
We worked with a builder and came up with these plans....
a145263
Window treatments
I would like to change or update the window treatments....
eflambert
Help to update white washed ceiling to floor brick fireplace.
Have a ceiling to floor brick fireplace. Prior owners...
madison0113
I need help with making my ideas cohesive
I love several types of styles, rustic, mid-century...
April DuBose