What kind of hardware for my kitchen?
cadulczak
My husband I recently bought our first home and it needs some work especially the kitchen. I refinished all the cabinets myself over the past few months which you can see a before and after in the picture. Now I'm not sure if I should do bronze or the stainless look for the handles. I also attached a pic that shows both on the cabinets. Any feedback is much appreciated! I'm getting down to the last few touches and can't wait till its all done!! What a project
Still feels more towards traditional. Definitely go with stain or stainless steel finsih for the hardware.
August 28, 2013 at 6:04am      Thanked by cadulczak
Century Hardware
First, I love what you've done so far! Great updates indeed.
As far as hardware, I really like an oil rubbed bronze look on this color of cabinets (first two pictures).
I think you could defiantly go with a stainless steel as well though. Our Metro Collection is very popular and would look great in your kitchen (last picture).
August 28, 2013 at 7:05am        Thanked by cadulczak
scottjp1468
Your cabinets look great. Care to share how you refinished them?
August 28, 2013 at 7:30am        Thanked by cadulczak
cadulczak
Scottjp1468 - No problem! I stripped them all and then I painted them with stain gel by General Finishes (brown Mahogany I believe the color was, but I have to check) . When I say I painted them I literally used a sponge brush and old sock to wipe it on evenly. I did not wipe it back off as instructed. I did about 3-4 coats (that's what it took to get the desired color) and then I put a polyurethane over top - 3 coats. It was a lot of work, but worth it as it cost me about $200 with the stain and supplies. I did a lot of research on stain gel's and General Finishes seems to be the best out there. I highly recommend it. Please let me know if you have any more questions!

I also did the gel stain in my powder room in the espresso color and it turned out great! I can post a pic if you would like.
August 28, 2013 at 11:13am     
michellm57
Wow! Those cabinets look awesome!
August 28, 2013 at 11:18am   
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
I like the bronze handles best.
August 28, 2013 at 11:27am      Thanked by cadulczak
degub
Great job what is the name of your countertop
August 28, 2013 at 11:35am      Thanked by cadulczak
cadulczak
Thank you Michellm57! Deborah - Thank you for your thought! I'm not sure if they blend too much with the cabinets. I attached a pic where there is more of the silver up.
August 28, 2013 at 11:46am   
kmassucc
I like the contrast of the stainless pulls and they integrate well with the refrigerator.

You did a really fabulous job on the refinishing! Looks great!
August 31, 2013 at 11:32am        Thanked by cadulczak
starbella
Would love to see espresso color cabinets.
August 31, 2013 at 7:07pm   
Great job, I would do the stainless;)
August 31, 2013 at 7:15pm        Thanked by cadulczak
mjdavies
I like the stainless but either option would work. So impressed with your refinishing and love your marble counters. Inspires me to tackle my cabinets. How did you strip them before restaining?
August 31, 2013 at 7:21pm        Thanked by cadulczak
hbmiller
You did a beautiful job with your choices. I would do bronze hardware. I think you have enough stainless.
August 31, 2013 at 7:28pm        Thanked by cadulczak
rvieira1966
You should be so proud of your DIY project. It looks wonderful! I think long stainless pulls would really finish your cabinets. Here are some pics from my own recently renovated kitchen and the pulls.
August 31, 2013 at 7:46pm     
elegantbohemiandesigns
I think the bronze fits better with the wood....even thought the stainless sort of pops. Either one would work.
August 31, 2013 at 7:46pm        Thanked by cadulczak
Simply Knobs And Pulls
I love what you've done. I agree with century hardware, I really like anything in an oil rubbed bronze finish. We carry all the Century Hardware products on our site as well as about 15,000 knobs and pulls. Let us know if we can be of any help. www.simplyknobsandpulls.com
August 31, 2013 at 8:35pm     
RosemaryR
I did my kitchen hardware in pewter and love the look. Beautiful job on your cabinets, well worth the effort.
August 31, 2013 at 8:59pm        Thanked by cadulczak
cathieg
I really like all your choices. Well done, it looks great.
August 31, 2013 at 10:04pm   
cadulczak
Thank you everyone for your feedback! degub - I have to look up the name, I can't remember off the top of my head. We purchased at our local granite place in NJ. Scottjp4468 - Stripping them was the hardest part! I used a sander deglosser which you can get from Home Depot and also a sander. Rvieira1966 - your kitchen looks amazing, nice job! I like that style a lot!
September 2, 2013 at 5:34am     
hbhider
I vote for stainless hardware. You did an amazing job. I can't believe those are the same cabinets!
September 2, 2013 at 6:04am        Thanked by cadulczak
ahelton142
My cabinets are close to this . I just put on new stainless nickel hardware . I love it ! By the way amazon is the place to purchase hardware !!
September 2, 2013 at 6:52am     
cadulczak
Starbella - here is the espresso before and after
September 2, 2013 at 2:47pm   
starbella
I like the espresso also. How did you choose which stain color went where? I really like the stain choice for the kitchen cabinet You must love looking at your handy work and I bet your glad its done.
September 2, 2013 at 5:50pm     
cadulczak
The bathroom was my trial piece before I tackled the kitchen. I liked the espresso a lot so I just started with that color. My husband thought it would be too dark for the kitchen so he actually picked the kitchen cabinet color and luckily it all worked out! Yes, i'm so glad it's done, but it was worth it!
September 3, 2013 at 4:56am   
Help with accessorizing new media console
Hi, we recently purchased the PB printers collection...
want to get bids fro designers for an addition/ remodel rockwall tx
I want to get bids from multiple (3) designers on a...
Double sink in master bath - important for resale or not?
I'm about to gut my master bath. It's not a huge space...
VOTE: FIREPLACE
Room to be painted in SW Mega Greige with Incredible...
Cherry countertops over off white glazed cabinets or not?
I am replacing my cabinets in the lower level family...