Help with paint color!
Krista Hickey
I am looking for some suggestions for paint colour for my open-concept living room and dining area. I have creamy white leather furniture and the trim (which I do not want to paint again) is a creamy/slightly yellow white - Beauty Tone Cottonwood (pic 1). We are also in the process of trying to pic out art for the room - no art in the picture needs to stay. This area leads into the kitchen (pic 2) and sitting area/fire mantle (pic 3). I would want the colors to flow well with one another. The color in the kitchen and sitting area is Evening in Paris by Para Paint. We like it - it's a green-grey.
Laurence Tillett
awesome as is! And I like the two art pieces you have now. How about a fab mirror (big!) on the wall behind the 2 chairs and maybe a rug under the coffee table (anchor all 3 seating pieces) in the tones in your art.
August 28, 2013 at 12:01pm   
JILL OF ALL~Kaarisa Blackwell
I also really like the art shown. What about choosing a warm/soft shade of the yellow in art, to brighten the room and really show off the beautiful wood flooring and kitchen cabinetry?
August 28, 2013 at 1:55pm   
abbyjean
I LOVE the art shown on the back of the couch....great size and color! BUT the art on the opposite wall does NOT work....too small and too high....mirror included. Put a round table between the two chairs with a fun colorful lamp on it. The lamp will give some height to the wall there, too.

What a beautiful window!!!
August 28, 2013 at 1:58pm   
Angelina Vick
I like arrangement above the fireplace. =)

If you like the green grey....it wouldn't be a bad idea to carry it into this room as well. Or a slightly darker shade as an accent to it.

I agree that the pieces you have above the chairs are too small. Also, groupings usually look better in odd numbers, two just doesn't look right.

Feel free to check out my work and see what inspires you. http://angelina-vick.artistwebsites.com/index.html

The paintings you have on the couch are beautiful. But again...two? I would say get a third piece or go with a larger single piece. Using the art on one wall and a mirror on the other would make the space feel larger and art can be seen on both walls. I think it would be a cool effect.
August 28, 2013 at 2:08pm   
janeinfo
Try Sherwin Williams Canvas Tan. Just painted my walls that color with very light furniture. You can search Houzz pics by typing in Sherwin Williams Canvas Tan and it will show you rooms painted this color. It's gorgeous!!!!
August 28, 2013 at 4:55pm   
Krista Hickey
I will check out that color for sure! And I agree with everyone..the art on the wall doesn't work. We actually just moved in so I threw some pics on some existing nails to get the pieces off the floor. I was thinking of maybe doing a mirror collage on that wall. Something like the pic shows. But only my mirrors all have black frames. Still not sure if black will be too harsh. I could always paint them. What do you think?
August 28, 2013 at 5:16pm   
dlbconductor
I really love the grey/green in the kitchen/sitting room. I would carry that same color into the living room/dining room. It is a great color and your sofa and loveseat will look outstanding with it. It also provides a nice background for vibrantly colored artwork.

Your house is very beautiful!
August 28, 2013 at 10:41pm     
Laurence Tillett
Krista, as far as the frames for mirrors goes, have to agree that black frames will be too harsh. the room needs some reflection...some sparkle. Some thin black frames are great, especially if your matting is large and light colored. How about some sofa pillows in a more colorful print?
August 29, 2013 at 6:12pm   
How would you spend $10,000 in your garden?
If you had a windfall, where would your money go in...
Need help with area rug/runner pattern selection, please!
Area rug/runner selection for a narrow 8 foot hallway....... Would...
window trim - help!
Hi houzzers.... your help please! we have a window...
How do you display your books?
Some people love their coffee table books, others display...
Raised floor for living room in 1970's Style
I'm looking to build a "step-up" raised floor on part...