please help us decide on siding color and stone
michelle9580
we are debating about lp smart siding and hardie cement siding....but the color is also throwing us off. we originally wanted powder (for lp) and iron gray (hardie) but now that the roof we wanted is coming in (storm cloud by owens corning)...it seems that the siding colors we were choosing are going to be too dark? also we need to choose stone...the bottom two pictures are of the stone we originally wanted...but now with the roof in I don't want too many colors....suggestions anyone...in regards to siding color? our windows are stone white by marvin. also note the iron gray is the house with white garage and the powder color is the home with the wood garage. we need to choose asap....picture is of our home.....couldn't post the iron gray...so posted a link
Everything Beautiful Home Designs LLC
We can apply color combinations , roofing , siding, stone and more to you home in a 2D full color rendering , with four choice to choose from . Visit my idea book for samples of the 2D renderings.
August 28, 2013 at 7:05PM     
LB Interiors
Possible color palette? Maybe pale gray. Warm sand color found in the stone in your pic. White fascia and trim.
August 28, 2013 at 11:51PM   
Everything Beautiful Home Designs LLC
Please send all available material sample to our email everythingbeautifulllc@gmail.com
August 29, 2013 at 7:08AM   
JamesV Consulting
always remember the least expensive way to buy stone is by the truckload approx 24 tons. This should cover about 920 face sq ft . You can purchase direct and I can help you with cost if you need . Usually Stone the front sections of the home . Then Brick, Stucco, or Hardyboard the balance . Blessings from Texas . www.jamesVconsulting.net
August 29, 2013 at 7:36AM        Thanked by michelle9580
Everything Beautiful Home Designs LLC
Feel free to call us or email us . The more picture samples I have the better .
August 29, 2013 at 7:45AM   
brendakusan
JamesHardie has an online visualizer. Apply siding, etc so you can get a better feel for the look. http://www.jameshardie.com/homeowner/design-visualizer.shtml
August 29, 2013 at 8:07AM   
michelle9580
the hardie online visualizer doesn't have the options i'm looking for...as well their colors are off....the iron gray in their visualizer looks black....we have a multi colored roof, we have stone white windows....will have the same trim....and we are debating on the siding color. going too light won't look good with the windows.....the stone pictures doesn't have to be the stone....but we need a stone that is thin (flat)...as that's what the foundation allows.
August 29, 2013 at 8:16AM   
JamesV Consulting
Im really not a big fan of Hardie ( it is what it is ) most builders like it because its cheap . I can help with the thin veneer stone as well. As low as $4.50 sq ft this is real stone not man made.
August 29, 2013 at 8:20AM   
Everything Beautiful Home Designs LLC
Call us at 757 344 9121 or visit my idea book for details on how we can help you .
August 29, 2013 at 9:34AM   
Everything Beautiful Home Designs LLC
Sample .
August 29, 2013 at 11:13AM   
Everything Beautiful Home Designs LLC
Working on it.
August 29, 2013 at 5:20PM   
JamesV Consulting
i would take the stone off the Domers and add stone to the face of garage and the bottom areas protruding of the home
August 29, 2013 at 5:40PM     
Everything Beautiful Home Designs LLC
I'lll do that glad you like it .
August 29, 2013 at 6:14PM   
michelle9580
Tony, thank you very much. The plans call for stone at the bottom 36" and then we are putting in up to the first floor roof at the round room.....as well as where the French doors are on the left first floor. Is there a way to make the siding a charcoal gray? Jamesvconsulting, what type of stone would be 4.50? Also how would we go about getting the materials sent to Chicago? Thanks for everyone's help. We really for screwed by our first gc and are way over budget plus we ran into foundation issues as well and had to come up with cash we didn't have. All we were trying to do is build a home (3800 sq ft) to accommodate us six plus my 92 yr old grandma. Thanks again!
August 29, 2013 at 7:31PM   
Everything Beautiful Home Designs LLC
I"ll work on that tomorrow be well .
August 29, 2013 at 7:58PM        Thanked by michelle9580
michelle9580
thanks!........this helped tremendously! we will stick to the original 36" stone from bottom no full walls :) you are a very kind person for helping us out.....thank you very much :)
August 29, 2013 at 8:25PM   
michelle9580
Everything Beautiful
Designs LLC has done amazing work and has helped us decide on siding color as well as stone location for our new home.....I highly recommend this company to anyone who is having trouble deciding. Thanks!
August 30, 2013 at 5:30PM   
K B
@James V Consulting. Had to laugh at your comment about Hardie. Where I live (Metro DC area) even the million dollar homes are 3-sides vinyl siding. Using Hardie is a huge and rare upgrade. Unless you are buying an old home forget about getting all-brick around here. I had to go custom bc I refused to buy a "vinyl house with brick trim." It's almost impossible to find Hardie on anything under $1 million here, so I guess "cheap" is a relative term.
August 30, 2013 at 6:05PM   
JamesV Consulting
must be a Southern thing with brick..
August 30, 2013 at 7:02PM   
michelle9580
hardie cement shake is what we most likely will choose....but it has to be installed by an experienced mason......lp smart siding is about 10% less....but wood peckers are attracted to it and I don't want the hassle....plus it isn't fire safe......
JamesVConsulting: you mentioned stone for 4.50? could you please provide a picture?
August 30, 2013 at 7:43PM   
K B
@JamesV just saw you are in TX. No wonder you referred to Hardie as being cheap. Yes, if I was in TX or most of the country, I would consider hardie a less-expensive option and would instead have an all-brick home. Whenever I see those home shows in TX I sigh. Still can't figure out why everything is so darn expensive here and so inexpensive there. And no state income tax to boot. Agh!! Can't just be the cost of land. I'm not sure if it's the labor or materials, but if the above home was done here on a 1/4 acre it would be well over a million. (Trying not to sound too bitter.)
August 30, 2013 at 8:10PM   
Can't decide on our brick and siding colors- please help!
We are building a new house- it has brick on the bottom...
Need help deciding siding color! Please offer suggestions!
Here are pictures of the exterior showing the current...
Can't decide on a siding color with our brick...please help!
We have 1970's red brick with dark brown and cream...
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
Cove molding for 8 ft ceiling?
I am considering adding cove molding (not crown molding)...
Repair scratches on maple table
Our maple dining room table got scratched up on 2 sides...
Help With Master Bathroom Design
Hello All, Great site and community. We are building...