Paint color query
katierose13305566August 28, 2013
I decided to paint my entire living room "peach" and made a rookie mistake by not doing a sample on the wall first. My living room is now engulfed in what my husband calls "pink", my brother calls "orange creamsicle", and I call "taco bell queso sauce"... I refuse to re-paint as I'm sure with my new "cream" colored carpet about to be installed and my dark brown furniture about to be delivered it will be great... SO that being said, my question is, what color would compliment it for my kitchen? I'm thinking a dark tan-ish? Do I stay warm and go brown-er? I feel as if no color compliments this and I will not go blue... HELP!!!
DMS Design Associates
Post a picture of your new furniture if you have one and picture of your kitchen :)
    Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 8:36AM
apple_pie_order
Yes, it is Creamsicle all right on my monitor. I like Creamsicles. How about taking a paintstick with the peach color down to Target or Pier One or Calico Corners and finding a fabric (pillow) that uses this color? Then pick one of the other colors in the design for the kitchen paint color. There may be a vanilla or gray you like. Best wait for the carpet to arrive, though.
    Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 10:49AM
katierose13305566
I'm leaning towards gray in the kitchen. The floors will be a dark laminate wood, the cabinets are a dark wood, the appliances are black, and the counter top is 2 of the pictures...
I want to know what color would look pleasing to the eye when walking from the entrance when to the left is blinding peach, and the right will be the kitchen.
    Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 11:05AM
mefor
This isnt blue, it's teal. But it is a good contrast with your creamsicle color
SW lagoon and SW green bay
1 Like    Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 11:14AM
apple_pie_order
A gray would be fine and calming. One photo shows warm tones in granite, the other shows cool. Once the lighting goes in and the carpet has been installed, it'll be easier to choose paint colors. This time, paint some good sized pieces of foamcore and prop them up in the kitchen with two-four paint samples. Be prepared to try a dozen and leave them up for a few days.
1 Like    Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 11:16AM
katierose13305566
Mforr that teal is amazing, I didn't even think to go bold for the kitchen as well, I definitely thought more muted but the more I'm looking at teal the more I'm loving it. I will be considering it more closely:)
1 Like    Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 11:36AM
I like your idea of gray. How about BM Squirrel Tail?
1 Like    Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 11:41AM
indianpatti
What about a light, apple green? SW Ryegrass
1 Like    Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 11:48AM
DMS Design Associates
Thanks for the photos they help me to help you. The bold peach color on the walls will be nice next to your dark brown sofa. I like your thought for the kitchen to paint tan-ish. If you like an overall dark kitchen than a dark tan-ish would be good. Remember that when you have dark colors everywhere you will need more lighting to create a balance for the dark colors in a room next to the bold peach. To bring the balance you have created in your living room into the kitchen try a not so dark tan-ish. You are creating a lot of warmth with the warm peach, warm tan and dark browns of your furniture and kitchen surfaces. It will be lovely when it is finished. The peach just seems really bold now and once the furniture in placed and kitchen is complete it will feel like home! Enjoy!
1 Like    Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 12:09PM
Wall coverings query
Hiya, Could you advise where I could source the wallpaper...
ciarakane
Aleandrea
What can be done to this room? Wall colors? Furniture?...
aleandrea
I love the whole look-I feel inspired-query about floors
I love the dark floors with the light wall colors and...
Audrey Williams
Ideas for an unusual window seat in the master bedroom
We are updating our master bedroom by adding some more...
pauline39
DIY help for Kitchen Cabinet Paint Colors / Horrible Sunshine Ceiling
I am getting ready to paint my kitchen cabinets in...
Shelley Atkinson
Grout fix
Old cracked grout. Are there any tricks to covering...
tszlag
Need advice
Do you think dark area rug or cream ?
welkington
Need help on my small condo
Unfortunately the pieces you see have to stay...tried...
crystal