Need help with my kitchen!
alo625
We are looking to purchase this house, and are trying to figure out if we can do a small renovation to make this kitchen functional, or if it needs a complete overhaul.

Any ideas on how to reconfigure this kitchen(with as small of a budget as possible) are all greatly appreciated!
I think we need to see a floor plan. At a minimum, I'd recommend a counter depth refrigerator since the refrig sticks out so far. At first glance, I think the kitchen needs to be reconfigured for efficiency and perhaps opening walls up.
August 28, 2013 at 1:30pm      Thanked by alo625
alo625
We don't have any measurements for a floor plan, that's why it's been so hard to figure out things to do- the house is in New York and we are in Missouri. Here are three other pictures that show the layout a little more, they didn't attach the first time!
August 28, 2013 at 2:20pm   
Unravel Design
I definitely think you can work with this. I would suggest replacing pulls with stainless steel or brushed nickel, new paint on cabinets try two different colors like picture below. The majority of your budget should go to a new counter top and back splash and gradually replace your appliances if you're on a tight budget. Good luck!

August 28, 2013 at 2:36pm      Thanked by alo625
alo625
the others..
August 28, 2013 at 2:38pm   
mishbooth
I think this kitchen needs an overhaul. The space needs to be opened up to the rest of the house. It is too closed off.
But if that is not an option at this time, I would not spend too much money on counter tops and backsplash if you eventually plan to renovate it. I would go with a less expensive counter (formica - they have a lot of great styles out there). Counter depth refrigerator, new pulls for cabinets. Can't tell if backsplash is paint - If it is, paint it a neutral color. Where is the stove/oven located?
August 28, 2013 at 2:53pm   
mishbooth
Oh just got last pics, The stove area is an issue. If you can't do new cabinets, you could move the stove to the left (to the edge of the other cabinet). When you get new counters fill the space to the right with wood filler molding and counter top. Also, did they leave the doors for you for the upper cupboards?
August 28, 2013 at 3:01pm   
mishbooth
Opps Just noticed the upper cupboard goes to the right futher than the lower cupboard so moving the stove over won't work. Sorry
August 28, 2013 at 3:03pm      Thanked by alo625
alo625
@mishbooth, that is part of the problem! THe stove and the fridge are so randomly placed!

Another problem area is the upper cabinets in the corner with the sink in it. You can see it in the first picture, but it is a very awkward configuration and I'm not sure how I could fix it without ripping out all the upper cabinets (which are in good shape so we don't want to do that)
August 28, 2013 at 3:28pm   
What doesn't need help?! My bathrooms, my kitchen, my laundry room.
My house is from 1979 and it totally looks it. We've...
Need help for my kitchen - keep my white tile floor
Would like to replace dated wallpaper, add granite...
Need help with my backsplash in my kitchen.
I have flat paneled Benjamin Moore "Chantilly Lace"...
i need help deciding how to trim my windows in my den/kitchen
The window is 72" x 72" , i already installed interior...
Should the backsplash in this kitchen go all the way up to the ceiling
Planning our tile budget and wondering if we need to...
What color to paint my living room?
I am hoping to have a resort, beach type feel in this...
Which rug should I use here?
1 2 3 or leave the existing one or none?
Need held with crown molding for angled tray ceiling
How do you put crown molding for angled tray ceiling...
گروه معماری پارادایس
طراحی نما.طراحی داخلی.طراحی...