Need help with wall and carpeting colors.
barron7313
August 28, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Please! I need help with wall and carpeting colors for my combination living, dining room. My sofas are a med. wheat color. I have a black tv console, dining room and china cabinet.
carolehdsn
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Shiree Hanson Segerstrom
Do you have a photo you can post?
1 Like   August 28, 2013 at 4:39PM
barron7313
No, I am sorry about not having a photo. And thank you for your interest. The condo I moved into has all cream colored walls. This room needs color!!
0 Likes   August 28, 2013 at 4:47PM
PRO
Shiree Hanson Segerstrom
Since it's a condo, does it have vaulted ceilings? One of the things about condo's is that you're a little limited in what you can do on the walls. The ceilings are often angled and this creates awkward looking rooms when you paint the walls colors!! I love a color by Pratt and Lambert called Half and Half. It's really yummy. Use flat paint in common rooms, and in the bedrooms you can get a little crazier with color because those rooms have a clear separation from the rest of the house--the door. Keep your color contrasts to a minimum in your condo. Do some nice neutrals with a few touches of red and an zebra accent. Texture is a good choice (baskets, mohair throws). So is scale ( a large mirror, tall and narrow armoire). Good luck!
1 Like   Thanked by barron7313    August 28, 2013 at 5:07PM
indianpatti
What type/color floor do you have?
0 Likes   August 28, 2013 at 5:11PM
barron7313
I will be changing the carpeting as well as the wall colors. The carpeting is a very light beige. The major colors I have to work with are the med. wheat color sofas (which there are two as the room is large) and the black wood furnishings. The ceilings are slightly vaulted with a skylight. The room gets a lot of light. I moved from Michigan to Florida and left most of my furnishings up there. Needed furnishings down here in a hurry and now feel I made some unfortunate mistakes. The condo was full of Floridian colors, mostly pink and blue which I couldn't stand. Started in the kitchen with refacing white vinyl cupboards, appliances and light blue countertops and blue veined floor tiles with blue and white floral wallpaper. The appliances are now stainless,laminate wood flooring, variegated black marble countertops. Taking all suggestions into consideration. I thank all very much.
0 Likes   August 29, 2013 at 9:33AM