Lamp
beamertg
can anyone tell me anything about this lamp. It was given to me. It does not really go with my house but it is so beautiful I couldn't say no.
Fred S
Does it say who made it underneath the base? It looks like a Tiffany style lamp.
August 28, 2013 at 5:21pm      Thanked by beamertg
Just saw a "faux" one on "Antiques Roadshow." The base looks new to me, but look underneath for a Tiffany or other signature - be aware that they are faked too. Just having the signature means nothing. If it is Tiffany, they would have boldly said so on both lamp and base. The marble looks too white and the patina on the bronze looks to be "applied." See the "ding" where another finish shows through - it isn't real bronze as Tiffany would make.The shade looks to be done very well. The fake I saw was so flawed that I knew it instantly. However, for some reason the colors look to me to be from the 1980's and not authentic - white too white, too blue green. They just don't look to have the depth of Tiffany color or pattern. To be absolutely sure, if you find a Tiffany stamped, lettered or engraved signature on it, take it to a reputable antiques dealer so they can confirm or deny authenticity. If it is real, or not, it would make a pretty lamp for a dressing room, powder room, reading nook and it looks good with your glasses. You could always sell it on Craigs List or at the high powered auction houses in NYC if you don't want it.
August 28, 2013 at 5:52pm      Thanked by beamertg
beamertg
Thanks for the info. I also noticed that the socket is much too new to be a real TIffany. So I guess it is just a Tiffany style lamp. Now to make it work in the space.
August 28, 2013 at 7:06pm   
Advice needed on lamp shade for vintage 60s (?) lamp
I have a cool yellow crackled acrylic/plastic lamp...
i have a lamp that is 17" in diameter...what size lamp shade ?
That lamp is a large bean pot looking lamp 30' tall...
What lamp shade would Work for this lamp?
Just received this lamp as a gift, and am super excited...
What color and patterns should I use?
I'm redecorating my daughters room soon. I'm using...
Need to understand differences in countertop materials
Beginning a bathroom remodel. What is the best countertop...
Guest bed drama! Advice for twin XL pop up trundle
I'm looking for a twin XL bed frame that is high enough...
Interior paint dilemma
I have most of the common areas throughout my home...
Different window treatment lengths
I have a number of dilemmas with my bedroom window...