lamp
beamertg
can anyone tell me anything about this lamp. It was given to me. It does not really go with my house but it is so beautiful I couldn't say no.
Fred S
Does it say who made it underneath the base? It looks like a Tiffany style lamp.
    Bookmark   Thanked by beamertg    August 28, 2013 at 5:21PM
Just saw a "faux" one on "Antiques Roadshow." The base looks new to me, but look underneath for a Tiffany or other signature - be aware that they are faked too. Just having the signature means nothing. If it is Tiffany, they would have boldly said so on both lamp and base. The marble looks too white and the patina on the bronze looks to be "applied." See the "ding" where another finish shows through - it isn't real bronze as Tiffany would make.The shade looks to be done very well. The fake I saw was so flawed that I knew it instantly. However, for some reason the colors look to me to be from the 1980's and not authentic - white too white, too blue green. They just don't look to have the depth of Tiffany color or pattern. To be absolutely sure, if you find a Tiffany stamped, lettered or engraved signature on it, take it to a reputable antiques dealer so they can confirm or deny authenticity. If it is real, or not, it would make a pretty lamp for a dressing room, powder room, reading nook and it looks good with your glasses. You could always sell it on Craigs List or at the high powered auction houses in NYC if you don't want it.
    Bookmark   Thanked by beamertg    August 28, 2013 at 5:52PM
beamertg
Thanks for the info. I also noticed that the socket is much too new to be a real TIffany. So I guess it is just a Tiffany style lamp. Now to make it work in the space.
    Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 7:06PM
Ming dynasty style dining set: tacky or design genius??!!
Designers and friends, please help! I found a dining...
Megan Lau Pozos Villarreal
PLEASE HELP
Our new house has all original woodwork and we were...
K Reynolds Kearney
How can I decorate a wall above an off-center sofa?
Hello, I’m trying to decorate the wall above the...
hamfighter
Furniture arrangement help for new Family Room!
We are finishing a renovation that opens up the kitchen...
khinlei
Updating master bath counter tops - color of granite
Should I choose counter tops in dark blackish granite,...
hancockb52