foreverhouse
November 14, 2011 in Photo Questions
What is the blue color on the walls? Thank you
Sandra Howie
Not sure if you mean the gray colour on the walls, if so it is called Promise by Sarah Richardson in the Para line in Canada and if you meant the door it is called Boca Raton by Benjamin Moore.
Hope this helps!

Sandra
1 Like   November 14, 2011 at 5:02PM
jiride
Love the 'Promise' color but can't get it in the States. Is there a similar color by Benjamin Moore or another company? Thanks!
1 Like   September 15, 2012 at 8:28AM
foreverhouse
Jiride, You have to try the color out in your own home because of lighting, etc..but the one that came close in my house is Wickham Gray by Benjamin Moore..It came out very light just like the above picture..Mine is a tad more blue but still very close..If the color comes out too deep on your walls try a 50% lighter mixture. I did that with Quiet Moments by BM in my bedroom..It is the most beautiful soothing color..The regular mixture was a little too deep than I wanted..The 50% lighter mixture is just right! Good luck!
0 Likes   September 15, 2012 at 1:49PM
jiride
Foreverhouse, thanks so much for responding back, it helps so much! I am trying to find a color to paint my kitchen, eat in area and mudroom. My house is a traditional 1950's front hall colonial and everything is painted white linen (not a lot of wall since we are 3 doors and a sliding glass door w/RH linen curtains). Cabinets are White Dove and floors are ash/red fir - I want that beach/clean/fresh feel..I have tried BM Winds Breath, Edgecomb Grey, Baby Fawn, Tapestry Beige and they are too dark or blah. I am so frusterated but I will WGrey!
0 Likes   September 16, 2012 at 5:21AM
foreverhouse
jiride, I did the Wickham Gray in my kitchen and laundry area also. I will try to attach a picture..It looks a little sterile because we didn't move in at that point. I have a lot of cabinets but you can see the color..I love it..It's very soothing..It's the color of the sky but very light..Some people see gray and some see blue..It depends on the light. Hope this helps..I had so many swatches of color when I was picking out mine I gave myself a headache! Good luck!
1 Like   September 16, 2012 at 5:06PM
jiride
LOVE your kitchen and the color looks great!! I did get a sample and tried it - this may be the one :) If I decide to go with this color, I need another similar color for my dining room and living room. What is your color in the dining room? I can see a little of it on the 3rd picture - it transitions well. You are so lucky, you have done a wonderful job!!
0 Likes   September 18, 2012 at 9:47AM
master bed, bath, closet design - ripped out and stuck!
We have started work on our gut rehab of 1982 Lakehouse,...
Niels Seebeck
Need to fit five kids in this room
Need to fit five kids in this room. Two 13yrs olds...
happycl8
Ideas for a Homeschool Room with 7 computers and family room
We are a homeschooling family with tons of books. 7...
happycl8
What do you think I need in this living room?
Need help with my living room Hi everyone, I'm...
marionstwart
Small house - entry into living room
Recently renovated my approx. 850 sq. foot house and...
Josh Lardinois