OLLD 8/29
kimdee24
August 29, 2013 in Other
Wow, nobody up yet? Good morning everyone! What are you planning for today?
mousemaker
hey, i'm the first one? :) how did that happen? I am going to be sweating in the kitchen today making more stuff with apples. it will be too much fun!
I am getting razzed in another thread about Boris and Natasha.
and I decided yesterday with my neuro. phys. that I am weaning off more migraine meds! YAAAAY
what are you doing?
August 29, 2013 at 7:53am     
kimdee24
Hey! I was starting to think I was all alone here today. I am just sitting here, drinking coffee and trying to motivate myself to finish this newsletter. Need to go for groceries later, and figure out what to make for the block party tonight.
August 29, 2013 at 7:57am     
mefor
Morning you two, getting cheated out of another sunny day that was supposed to be here. Grrrrrrrrr.
Mousemaker, better get out and about and away from the cooking apple fumes for a little while, never good to stay at one thing exclusively for days on end, get some air and a little change of scenery for a little while.
Kimdee, how about coleslaw? I love to make it but adding broccoli and red cabbage, raisins and dried cranberries, pecans and extra carrots. Delicious and easy to make. :)
August 29, 2013 at 8:06am   
mousemaker
block party? will it be hot? (I mean the weather) I don't feel motivated at all today. I need to go and buy some stuff too. I have half a cup left :)
August 29, 2013 at 8:08am   
mousemaker
yes, and make it with greek yogurt instead of mayo. tastes much better. add a little truvia, mustard (the good kind) and you're set. wait. and some of my red apple balsamic vinegar :)
August 29, 2013 at 8:09am     
mousemaker
allrighty then. I am off to see the wizard. butt is in gear. see you all later.
August 29, 2013 at 8:15am     
kimdee24
It's looking like a nice day for it, though it isn't until this evening.
August 29, 2013 at 8:42am     
S. Thomas Kutch
Good morning ladies.........it's hot here today, heat index above 100, so not a whole lot going on. Just getting ready to go out and wet cut some CMU for the front porch steps...........a "REAL" man's way of playing in the hose on a hot day. :)

Been a hectic week......Lisa's mom was rushed to the ER about 1:30 in the morning Tuesday morning, trouble breathing, blood oxygen levels low, state of confusion (more than usual) and we were notified by the Assisted Living Center you lives in about 2 AM..........nothing like a phone call waking you to get your day going......

This is the 5th time this year......she's 86, has congestive heart disease, COPD, late stages of dementia and survived a bout of West Nile Virus 3 years ago that almost killed her. At the hospital they found that her CO2 blood gas levels were above 90 (not good).....spent the next day and a half in ICU and now she's on a general care floor............all of which the cumulative effects keeps adding up. Each time she comes out of it with less and less mental capacities...........

I'm so ready for a 2 week vacation on some beach somewhere with nothing but sun, breezes, clear blue water and some scantily clad girl keeping me stocked with frozen margaritas ...........I'm betting the wife wouldn't even complain about the scantily clad beach girl..........

A man can dream..............instead, we're headed to Kentucky for the weekend to visit the son and then I'll deal with the tree removal when we get back.................two large oak trees dying and damaged and desperately needing to be cut down.....one completely overhangs the house............quotes from $6800 to $9500.............damn, I need to hit the Power Ball.

Gotta run......I hear the wet saw calling my name.
August 29, 2013 at 10:16am     
kimdee24
There you are, STK. I was wondering where you'd gotten off to.. Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Have fun with your wet saw, and enjoy your Kentucky trip.
August 29, 2013 at 10:35am   
Robin W
STK - glad to hear the MIL is doing better. A beach vacation sounds amazing - but I'm not so sure Kentucky is the place for them... but I'm sure they have a beach somewhere in the state... Lol

Late start to the day. I was up quite late making some freezer meals. Our platoon is making a bunch of freezer meals to take over to our co-workers family to help them out. So I made teriyaki chicken (pop in the slow cooker and make up some rice - boom suppers ready) as well as vegetarian chili. Have to run them out to Sherwood Park this afternoon so another coworker can drop them off with the family.
August 29, 2013 at 10:48am     
armygirl1987
Hey all.
August 29, 2013 at 1:29pm     
mefor
Hey, Angela, my weather picked up today, just got back from pool with kids. A couple of minutes of quiet before my daughters friends descend on the house. Loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How's your day been? Finished with internship for today? Get to west elm yet?
August 29, 2013 at 2:20pm   
Hey guys - quick poll for you. :)
http://www.houzz.com/discussions/627946/
August 29, 2013 at 4:10pm        Thanked by kimdee24
mefor
This might be the quietest ollds day yet.

hello ? ? ?

(Cricket noises)
August 29, 2013 at 4:18pm   
Robin W
I'm lurking, just trying to not complain about all the digging I'm doing. Trying to get it done as its supposed to start raining tonight all the way through till Sunday.
August 29, 2013 at 4:34pm     
kimdee24
Nooooooooooooooooo! No rain. No. Just no.
August 29, 2013 at 4:39pm     
Robin W
Agreed.
August 29, 2013 at 4:47pm   
Robin W
Oops... I lied. Just tonight & tomorrow. Weekend looks ok.
August 29, 2013 at 4:48pm     
mefor
Good job, Robin. Beautiful evening here, pretty sunset. This afternoon and evening ended up being beautiful.
Hope you get it all done by dusk. :)
Maybe the rain will hold off for your golf kimdee, fingers crossed :)x
August 29, 2013 at 4:48pm   
kimdee24
Environment Canada says rain tomorrow (golf day) but Sat-Monday look good. At least for now.
August 29, 2013 at 4:58pm     
DIAspoton
hi, my internet connection was down for a day. suppose sometimes it's good to get away from it for a bit.
hang in there STK and order up a cabana boy for your wife when you get to the the beach.
JAYME, did you see remodelers daily update today? good article on financial goal setting for contractors.

so here we go again. the 26 yr old troublesome guest bath toilet needs to be replaced. the almond laminate counter and 4" almond tile floor look new but have overstayed there welcome. so since the new toilet is white...
oh and that darn almond tub/shower combo has to go. so tuesday i picked out floor and wall time. and the 60" counter top will be replaced with 24" X 24" marble tiles.the new tub is currently in my driveway.keeping the plate mirror and framing it. i hoped to convert an artists clay bowl to a sink but no one is willing to try. they may do one of my glass bowls instead. although i found some pretty vessel sinks on clearance for $!00. easier so i
may just do that tomorrow.

speaking of shopping ,does anybody else get totally confused in electronics stores?
August 29, 2013 at 5:47pm     
mefor
Wow Mo, you don't let any grass grow under your feet do you? Sounds like the bathroom will be done in a couple of minutes, lol. Can't say I blame them for not wanting to put a hole in your artists bowls. The vessel sinks on sale sound like a good plan though. :)
What are you looking for in electronics store?
August 29, 2013 at 5:58pm   
mefor
Angela, I hope you're feeling a little better. :(
Can't be sick now that schools back in session, get some rest :)
August 29, 2013 at 6:02pm   
Jayme H.
Sorry about MIL STK. Hope she is on the mend. Sounds like time for a nursing home...poor lady. Have fun in Kentucky.
Hi everyone! I was working today at hospital.
Diaspoton, how do I find that article? I have been reading a lot of internet articles.
August 29, 2013 at 6:06pm     
olldcan
Hi All, Anyone been watching "Beyond Spelling Manor". That condo is not my style but I must say it's amazing.
August 29, 2013 at 6:19pm   
Robin W
Phew. Almost done. About a 14x4 section left to dig then tarping it whether its even or not.
August 29, 2013 at 6:19pm     
mefor
Hi jayme, long day for you today I guess. How's school going for your sweetie pie? Going camping this weekend?
Hiya Candace, nope, can't stand that Spelling woman, can't imagine watching her live in complete excess. Ridiculous people. Oooh, I sound so grumpy, lol, sorry, I meant to say, no I don't watch that show, hahaha.
August 29, 2013 at 6:31pm     
Jayme H.
Gonna work a 12 hr shift Saturday so no camping this weekend. Maybe a boating and fishing day Sunday...what's everyone else up to?
August 29, 2013 at 6:40pm     
DIAspoton
JAYME, google remodelers magazine. subscribe free to their daily email report. this is the same crowd publishing the annual ROI national report that comes out in january. it's broken down by region and very helpful. it's also free.
August 29, 2013 at 6:42pm     
olldcan
Hahaha, Yup I'm pretty sure her definition of Busting Your Ass, is having a cowboy go deal with her donkey. Nice to see she could downsize to 9000 sq.ft. Sad but true, complete excess is still in every room, she has no clue at all. Actually, I kinda feel sorry for her.
August 29, 2013 at 6:43pm     
mefor
You're a nice lady to feel sorry for her. I'd guarantee that she wouldn't feel sorry for you, lol. I believe she would look down her nose at your "eau de burning stumps" perfume from a couple weeks ago. Is she finally talking to her daughter?
August 29, 2013 at 7:00pm   
olldcan
She can't look down her nose, her plastic surgeon removed a chunk of it when he jacked her eyelids up. Hmmmmmm. wonder what it's like to sleep with your eyes still open :) She says "the way i envisioned it" a lot. Isn't that a fancy pancy statement, for people who have never done anything on there own, ever and never will, clueless is a disease. I'm all about the execution baby : ) make it happen!!!!!!. Almost starting to miss my "eau de burning stumps" LOL

No mention of her daughter.
August 29, 2013 at 7:16pm     
DIAspoton
michele, i own 2 tvs. 26" and 32" and both are at least 6 yrs old. the bdrm tv moved to the new screen porch.
so it's time to buy a larger screen for the great rm. apparently i walked in to the store with "stupid" across my forehead. the sales person gave a big pitch on the latest and greatest and then walked me over to a sony with a stunning picture. it was a mere $4,000! hmm not quite what i had in mind. then i point out the sound is bad on it. he defended it and told me i needed some kind of super amp for an addt'l $1500. he back peddled about just how inferior all other sets were when i was about to walk out. too late. damage done.can't get excited now about the others and can't afford the best.

oh and i need new stereo equipment.
August 29, 2013 at 7:21pm     
DIAspoton
candace, it must be amazing for some to live on a scale so far removed from most peoples realities.
IDK whether these people are truly happy. maybe some really are.
i read today about a very successful movie director who found he wasn't happy with the trappings of possessions. he now lives in a mobile home on the beach and has given millions to charities and is very involved in helping people. on the other hand, i'm glad there are wealthy people who can support great artists, designers,architects.
August 29, 2013 at 7:31pm     
Robin W
Done. So tired dirty and sweaty.
August 29, 2013 at 7:39pm     
mefor
Hahahaha, Candace, it's true. She probably oh does sleep with her eyes open, that's how she "envisions" things, lol. Hmmmmm, and she shares a name with you? See, I knew you weren't Candace Olsen, I saw that post from someone in your ideabook, you're really candy spelling. Or you can spell "CANDY", one of the two.

Mo, I wouldn't waste my money on something from those stores. You're going to need to replace it in 5-7 years anyway, at least the way they build things now. I'd go to Walmart or target or BJ's or Costco. Get a nice big screen with the best pic and sound. Spend less than a third of the price you'd pay at an electronics store. Don't let them rip you off.
August 29, 2013 at 7:41pm     
olldcan
Oh god!!!! I totally forgot about that. I thought I had removed all the "OMG your Candace Olsen" comments, please don't tell me there's another one. Thought for sure, I had shaken this person off. I'll have to check all my idea books, was this recently that you saw that, do you remember which one. If I was spelling, what would I do.........I can spell CANDY, but surprisingly nobody has ever called me that. Sure there's been a time or two but I actually don't realize there talking to me and then they say my name. When I was a kid (seems like yesterday) my mom would have freaked, if anyone called me that.
August 29, 2013 at 8:05pm     
olldcan
Robin, the thunder and rain are passing over top. Cover that bed girl, it's on it way.
August 29, 2013 at 8:07pm     
Robin W
It's covered. A little rain just passed over.
August 29, 2013 at 8:26pm     
kimdee24
Block party ended just in time. Raining....
August 29, 2013 at 8:31pm     
kimdee24
Leftover cupcakes? Anyone? Anyone? Buehler?
August 29, 2013 at 8:35pm     
kimdee24
Look. They're beautiful. Please eat them.
August 29, 2013 at 8:36pm     
Robin W
Dangit! I'll be right over...
August 29, 2013 at 8:48pm        Thanked by kimdee24
kimdee24
I knew I could count on you!
August 29, 2013 at 8:56pm     
armygirl1987
Send me some express Kimdee
August 29, 2013 at 10:33pm     
mefor
Hope Roo has had a good rest. Looking forward to seeing some photographs from her "retreat" :)
August 30, 2013 at 1:53am     
Jayme H.
Did anyone start an 8-30?
August 30, 2013 at 6:34am     
mefor
Not me jayme, are you starting it? :) I'll be on the lookout
August 30, 2013 at 6:48am     
kimdee24
I started it... should show up in a few minutes.
August 30, 2013 at 7:24am     
OLLD 5/29
Morning all! I saw a great quote today, perfect for...
OLLD 10/29
Hello, Happy Tuesday :) What's happening?
OLLD 11/29
Greetings, OLLDs. I am hoping all of you who celebrated...
OLLD 6/29
Morning all! Hope everyone is happy and healthy today,...
OLLD 7/29
Be sure to take fifteen minutes to relax some time...
Jesse's kitchen - what kitchen would look good?
I'd love some ideas for a total kitchen refit, some...
Need advice on carpet and hardwood compromise
Our house has wall-to-wall low nap neutral (wet sand...
Help with Door & Shutter Paint Color!!!!
We just purchased a new front door for our home, which...
What is the best gas double oven that's out today?
I currently own a Thermadore professional and It's...
Need help with my kitchen
Hello! I am designing an all white kitchen. I have...