Kinetick Frameless Shower Door Issue
maryoroyne
Ok.. so I designed my whole bathroom around getting these doors. But after the shower was rebuilt we noticed that the top of the shower opening is 58 5/8" wide and the bottom is 59 1/16" wide.. so the plumbing company I was going to order this shower from is telling me I have to have the glass special cut now which made the price DOUBLE !

Any ideas on how I can get this look without spending $4,000 ?

THANKS !!!

I cant imagine I am the only bathroom shower that has uneven widths ?

Please help !
Ironwood Builders
Who did your framing and then what the heck happened to the tile guy? Was he drunk that day? Sorry...we frame to 1/16" and plumb/level to 1/16" in 20'. Issues with existing framing at doors and windows (including shower doors) are addressed prior to installing finishes. Our tile pro can straighten up a bad floor or wall on old framing ....7/16" is sort of a lot to be out of plumb in the 6'8" of a door opening.
August 30, 2013 at 11:48pm   
kitasei
I wonder if there isnt an innocuous trim (preferably one that is watertight when closed) that could cover the gap..
August 31, 2013 at 12:19am   
Ed
Hi Mary, sorry to hear that -- are those your After and Before photos ?
August 31, 2013 at 2:52am   
Dennis Hartford
The cheapest way out is to get your tile setter back in and ask him to plumb the opening. We had the exact same problem. The tile guy took off the tile around the opening (where the door fits in), plumbed it and installed new tile. The glass guy put the door in in about 30 minutes. It cost about 250 for the tile guy.
August 31, 2013 at 6:14am   
ReSquare Architecture + Construction
I'm with Ironwood: regardless how it was framed (could be an existing condition) your tile guy failed you by not floating the walls to plumb. And I'm with Dennis that the most straightforward solution is to have the tile guy plumb out the opening by making some small jamb(s). Not exactly the same look, but will be a lot cheaper than doing it in the glass.
August 31, 2013 at 11:54am   
I don't see the double price for a inch or two. Find another company.
August 31, 2013 at 1:03pm   
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Need Help - Window or corner cabinet? Take a look.
Hello All - Thanks for taking a moment to read about...
Help decorate TV unit
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to decorate...
patio
Do i need to pull permits for patio