Waterfall countertop for island
jane12468
Planning kitchen facelift -appliances, floors, counters. Gray or white counters with blonde cabinets- themes I picked up from this site. Can I do a waterfall countertop for the island in this space? Not sure it will work in my space, but I have been browsing and really love them.
For sure go for it are you using the Carrera marble look? It striking. Love the combo of light cabs with gray and white Carrera look. Better to do the fake because real Carrera is very expensive and hard to maintain, can stain. Use glass in a couple of cabs. Then paint walls a dove gray. If you do pendants do brush nickel, in a modern look. Black would work too.
August 29, 2013 at 12:55pm      Thanked by jane12468
0825sam
Something like this? I don't see why it wouldn't work in your space if you are changing everything over to something more modern.

August 29, 2013 at 12:59pm      Thanked by jane12468
MLB Design Group
Yes! the picture above is awesome....and I think it will look great in your kitchen. Here's a photo of a recently completed project where we "waterfall-ed" a Corian countertop and homeowner's very pleased. Go for it!
August 29, 2013 at 1:05pm        Thanked by jane12468
Unravel Design
Yes you can! Looks like you can extend it outwards more for bar seating also. You might not need it, just depends on your floor plan.
August 29, 2013 at 3:20pm      Thanked by jane12468
sstarr
It somewhat depends on how much space you have around the island, but generally this is a great look and trend. On a recent trip to New York showrooms, I saw many variations on this theme. There were also sliding waterfalls, like my white kitchen drawing below, where the top slides open, creating a table, and exposing an induction cooktop. Slides closed when not in use, to provide more countertop/workspace.
Lots of great options.
August 29, 2013 at 3:39pm     
HI -- Yes you could as long as you remove that half wall backing the island . Not sure why it was done that way because it serves no purpose . Then you will need a gable panel for the back of the island cabinet.
August 29, 2013 at 4:12pm      Thanked by jane12468
Was the Waterfall countertop for the island poured as one peice?
Was the Waterfall countertop for the island poured...
Corian countertop with "Waterfall Edge."
This homeowner loved her 80s solid surface countertops...
Countertop waterfall thickness
Contractor asked if we wanted our waterfall countertop...
Waterfall countertop
Any ideas/suggestions on ways to hide electrical outlets...
Help needed in updating the look of the exterior of this house
As seen from the picture this is a really old house....
Should the backsplash in this kitchen go all the way up to the ceiling
Planning our tile budget and wondering if we need to...
Help! Awkward living room
I have no idea what to do with this room. We ideally...
What color to paint my living room?
I am hoping to have a resort, beach type feel in this...