I need some help on romans shades for my bedroom.
summerhouse57
I'd show you my bedroom but it's a disaster area right, presently. But I saw some WOW romans somewhere on HOUZZ that when up-folded they resembled a white down comforter with dark canvas straps. Have any of you friends out there come across the image, I'm referring to?
They are cool looking. I want to make them. I simply have to see them again to know the approximate depth and think to myself " are they too much? Are they too "campy" (no pun intended) for my room. Thank you super sluets. Drive carefully. And have a weekend filled with nothing to do nuthins'& here's a labor day recipe: Chilled Wacky Pie:
2 cans blue berries or cherries with syrup- room temp.
1 Pillsbury powdered white or yellow cake mix
1/2 lb salted butter- softened
In a square 10'x10 pyrex dish or any square baking dish- empty 2 8 oz cans of fruit in the bottom. Include the syrup. Now here the critical part.
in a bowl, empty the powdered cake mix. With a large fork cut in the butter into cubes, drop on the top of cake mix and begin cutting the butter cubes delicately into the cake mix. Do not STIR. The result should look like large grains of clumpy rice. Now sprinkle the entire mixture onto the wet berries with your fingers. Use all the clumps.
Bake at 325 or until the cake is browned and berries are bubbling.
Remove from oven...cool... then refrigerate. You've never tasted anything so short-term yummy..best served with paper bowls and plastic spoons.
Being raised a HOOSIER and a NoCal gal, now, had it's upside...wacky pie!!!!

thanks for all your help...... j ann
baggie2
Summerhouse57,

We used Roman Shades in our bedroom in addition to sheers gathered top and bottom on tension rods. We needed the privacy from curtains. I would Never use Roman Shades again unless they were strictly decorative. They need to be straightened each time they are raised, and, even though they match the wallpaper, they look awful when they are down. Just look like I hung a piece of fabric on the windows. Thought I would share my experience with the window treatment. I am considering blinds, but I really like the sheers which are easy to care for, no installation (we have casement windows with roll up screens), and they look nice both inside and outside. We just need privacy window treatments so am still thinking about the possibilities. Good luck with your decision, and I look forward to your pictures.
August 29, 2013 at 5:07PM   
DESIGN DILEMMA: Bathroom backsplash ideas?
When you are preparing to renovate or purchase a new...
What color furniture should I use for this two tone blue room?
My entire house was a silver gray, and I was desperate...
New kitchen design
Attached are the plans for a new kitchen and extension...
Lets start working on the guest room
While I wait on items to arrive for the other rooms,...
Need help with the color of our sectional
Hi Fellow Houzzers!!! We decided that a sectional...