Help with entryway
Eleonora Primilsky
My entry way needs help! I have the Mirror I want to put above a console table, not no console table so looking for help on what type of table to get. :) thanks!
sophiela1
Since your mirror is modern and 'coldish' I'd go for a console with modern lines, but in wood to warm it up
August 29, 2013 at 6:48pm     
HI -- Maybe something that is an Asian piece - something in a color like a red or black or find some thing modern - maybe dress up a console table or a narrow desk in glossy white ( Ikea)and then top it with a piece of marble or glass or mirror . Then have big décor items like some big blue and white urns for Asian and then big frosted urns or vases if you do modern . Get a console that you can have a pouf or small stool under.
August 29, 2013 at 7:11pm   
Seattle Staged to Sell LLC
A dark wood table will look beautiful as well, since this creates a contrast. I would also recommend selecting a console table that has some storage space like drawers. This creates combination of black and mirror create a strong impact and that is a good thing for entry.
August 29, 2013 at 7:14pm     
sophiela1
Marocan style, natural wood but with details ant clean lines wood also be nice. Or you could use a chest of drawers.
August 29, 2013 at 7:25pm   
sophiela1
Or a pale or 'grayish' post industial kind of chest of drawers (this one is too high, but just to give you an idea)
August 29, 2013 at 7:26pm   
sophiela1
Those two last options would give warmth and nice contrast with the modern mirror. But unity at the same time with their straight lines.
August 29, 2013 at 7:29pm   
August 29, 2013 at 7:36pm     
samsamyd
MIrror might be modern, but I'd try to introduce some softness and curves... check "entry table" as a search cirtieria
August 29, 2013 at 7:44pm   
AAO Interiors
Im my opinion in order to make the entry way look warm and modern at the same time you should consider wallpaper. With this option you can bring texture an warmth. I would pair the mirror with a modern console table maybe even a all glass and then put two colored garden stool and on top of the console you can rotate fresh flower arrangements or simply have a couple of colored decorating vases.
August 29, 2013 at 8:06pm   
chemayne
Given the neutral colour palette in the entryway, I would suggest a contemporary but striking black console table, a cowhide stool or 2 tucked underneath for seating, a lamp and to add some colour, a vase of flowers or a green plant to tie it all in. See examples:
Newport Console
Abacus Table Lamp, Mercury
Tulip Bubble Bowl, Yellow Orange
Green Mercury Glass Bud Vases
August 30, 2013 at 12:28am     
Andrea Prasch
I have this same mirror in my daughters bathroom! I think a rustic distressed wood console would look beautiful and add some warmth especially with the tile.
August 30, 2013 at 1:14am     
skylinewater
I've been looking for a mirror just like that. Where did you find it? I have a large blank wall facing a window and need something BIG. Sorry, I know you are the one asking for advice, but I just love your mirror!
August 30, 2013 at 4:30am     
Eleonora Primilsky
Thank you everyone!!!
I purchased the mirror at Homegoods however they have one like this at ZGallery, but for 3 x the price :(
August 30, 2013 at 6:12am     
Andrea Prasch
@kit2650 They are currently having an accessory sale! http://www.zgallerie.com/p-2042-reflection-wall-mirror-24w-x-36h.aspx
August 30, 2013 at 9:31am   
Help needed for an interesting & stubborn entryway....help please.
We are in the process of updating our new home - the...
Help i need some help defining this entryway.
There really is no room for much since you walk right...
Need help selecting the size and style of front entryway chandelier!
I have a two story center hall colonial, 10 year old...
Entryway Help
As of today we have been living in our home for a year!...
Need help with entryway!
My entryway is boring and hard to decorate because...
Help me finish this room
We love our new living room / dining room. We have...
NEW HOME.....BLANK SLATE!
We recently moved in and am ready to decorate! I have...
how would you use this room?
We gutted and added on to.this house and now we are...
Yay or Nay? Indoor fairy lights
Are you a fan of using fairy lights indoors? The twinkle...