What color to paint the front door and surrounding brick.
sviers
We need to paint the front door and the trim around the bay window. There is also some brick around the front door which we could paint. I'm thinking we should lighten the area around the door. Currently the house is orange/red brick, light yellow siding, brown trim, brown garage door. I want the door to be more visible.
anne dee
were you considering painting the garage door and the other brown trims to another color?
0 Likes   August 30, 2013 at 9:17AM
sviers
We don't want to paint the garage door or house trim right now as this would be a huge job, just the area around the front door and bay window to freshen and lighten it up.
0 Likes   August 30, 2013 at 9:20AM
Pure Home
Hi there, what a quaint house! Your home has a lot of character. My initial thought was to paint the brick and garage door white, and put some black shutters and trim. When you add an accent color to the front door, it will really make a statement!

I hope this helps! Thanks, Andie @ Purehome.com

0 Likes   Thanked by sviers    August 30, 2013 at 9:28AM
anne dee
You could consider these colors
1 Like   Thanked by sviers    August 30, 2013 at 9:55AM
anne dee
I think you should add only one color and that should be the front door
The area under the bow window which appears to be the same color as the fence should be painted brown as the garage .
I would pain the door a Sage Green being on the same tone as the yellow elements
Then you will have a total of 3 colors which is enough plus the color brick of the house
0 Likes   Thanked by sviers    August 30, 2013 at 10:48AM
anne dee
for additional colour you could add vibrant pottery that includes the yellow colour of the fence and flowers at the front
entrance along with this vivid green door

or
"USING THE SAME EFFECT WITH MORE MUTED COLOR TONES" capital letters for emphasis only
In the meantime I'll search for something in more muted tones
0 Likes   Thanked by sviers    August 30, 2013 at 10:56AM
Hibbs Homes, LLC
A vibrant color on the front door is a great way to add curb appeal, and is very welcoming. I would think long and hard about painting the brick, however as that is a permanent change.
0 Likes   Thanked by sviers    August 30, 2013 at 11:03AM
sviers
Great suggestions. Currently the area at the bottom of the bay window is beige (not the fence color). If we paint the Bay window brown would we still leave the posts brown as well? Hibbs the only brick I want to paint is just around the door, its hard to tell from the pic but the door is inset with about 30" all around of brick, which would stop at the garage entry side door which is also brown and the edge of the Bay window what do you think? . I was thinking painting that small area of brick white and then the door possible green (similar to what your pic showed anne). Leaving all the other brick as is.
0 Likes   August 30, 2013 at 11:11AM
anne dee
Here is a colour palette that may be able to help you

PS I just read yr additional post and I would not paint the interior white.It will be too busy.
0 Likes   Thanked by sviers    August 30, 2013 at 11:11AM
anne dee
Yes, all the trim would be brown.
Bring colour from the door and the accessories and landscaping.
0 Likes   August 30, 2013 at 11:14AM
anne dee
You must take into account that we can see your curtains thru the window and that poses an additional color/tone element. That's important to consider.
0 Likes   August 30, 2013 at 11:16AM
How tall should my baseboards be in my new build?
My builder gave me a couple choices of baseboard heights...
Options for back porch
We are planning to add a covered porch over our back...
Kitchen Backsplash - what color and material?
I'm almost finished with a total kitchen remodel and...
How to match faucet metal to sink and appliances
I need to replace my sink faucet. The appliances and...
Chair style
I love these chairs but can't find them anywhere. Any...