Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nailgunsandroses

Need some ideas for art on the walls in my updated bedroom!

A B
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
In my bedroom, I ripped up the carpet and replaced with laminate, painted the walls and purchased new bedding. I love all of it! I'm stumped though as to ideas for filling the walls with art. I think i need something above my headboard. I'd also like something for the big blank wall that faces the foot of the bed. I plan to put a comfy chair and side table in that corner for a little reading nook. Also, suggestions for window treatments would be appreciated. By the way, the wall color is Behr's "Fortress Stone" which is a sage/gray color. It looks a little minty in the photos but that is misleading.

Comments (16)

• PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    10 years ago
    I would not place art over the bed. Certainly a piece of set of pieces opposite the bed wall would look great.
    A series of botanicals would fit well, but you could also do something unexpected such as a large scale single flower. The one below doesn't seem to be in the right colors, but you get the idea, I hope.

Other options would include a picture, such as the second one, that would make you smile each morning when you open your eyes.
    Happy Flower 'XOXO' Reclaimed Wood Art Print Wall Art - Large · More Info
    "Bicycle Touring Paris" Painting by Fifi Flowers · More Info
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    A silver sunburst mirror over bed. Hang 6" above top of bed board. On windows. What is dark color in comforter? Brow, purple ? N big wall get a huge art piece or 2 36" square pictures. With colors from comforter. Hang low and 2" between them. windows go white panels on ends only. Or a roman shade with dark color in bedding. Accessories in dark color mix white. Love yr room good job.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    On floor a shag rug small in orange color on bedding.
  • PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    10 years ago
    In addition to the picture opposite the bed, a small picture not far above the right hand night stand would look good.
  • Ann
    10 years ago
    I agree with Carolyn about nothing over the headboard. possibly something small above the nightstand, but maybe not. Start with the big wall. I like Carolyn's art suggestions. VERY nice choices so far. Take it slow and one step at a time since it looks very nice right now.
  • Geneviève
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    For now here is something for beside the bed
    Cine Elegant Purple Rug · More Info

He Brought Her Purple Roses · More Info

Mauve Textured Linen Blend Curtain · More Info

Lighting · More Info
    A B thanked Geneviève
  • abbyjean
    10 years ago
    I would wait for the art on that wall until the chair and table are in place....they need to work with the art, too....size and placement.
    A B thanked abbyjean
  • Norma Sassone
    10 years ago
    color from the spread or maybe yellow as in the painting. A blue chair in the corner with a brown and blue throw.
    A B thanked Norma Sassone
  • abbyjean
    10 years ago
    Just wondering what the small pillows in the front on the bed would look like reversed, with the brown trim in the middle and the flowers angling off to the side.
    A B thanked abbyjean
  • A B
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks for the ideas! Keep them coming. To answer some of the questions: Colors in comforter are orange, turquoise, brown and sage. There is no dresser in the room and most likely won't be. The lighting is new and I don't want to change that. I am a certified picture framer by trade, you'd think the art part would be the easiest for me!
  • Norma Sassone
    10 years ago
    Since you are an art framer, how about a wall of black and white photos near the chair and throw nook?
    A B thanked Norma Sassone
  • bevballew
    9 years ago
    Look forward to your choices.
  • vickicz
    9 years ago
    Old post
  • bevballew
    9 years ago
    Thanks! Forgot to look at date. :)
  • A B
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thanks for the comment bevballew. Although the post is old, the dilemma is still new. I've still not decided on the art.