Color Help.

cmckamieAugust 31, 2013
I am pulling my hair out over the color selection for the main area of our remodel. All the other colors have to flow for pete's sake! I'm posting pic of the reclaimed ceiling. PLEASE MAKE SUGGESTIONS. ADD PICS IF YOU KNOW SOME! I do not want to do grey or white. I want a dark taupe or cream. I'm holding up progress. Sherwin Williams suggestions are best because I have a color wheel at home. I'll go anywhere for perfection though.
Chroma Design
I started with your ideabooks to gain any insight to your preferences. They helped some. Really, the info you shared in your same question from 5 days was more helpful. Rustic luxe, sophisticated elegance, modern touches, eclectic. Ok, I'm there with you.

SW has two decks. And you're not going to find what you're looking for in the main deck. The other is called Concepts in Color and has more muted and complex colors. You can go on SW website to preview these colors. For example Maison Blanche SW 7526, suggested by libraeyedesign in your previous question, is found on that deck. Which is why you couldn't find it earlier.

I also like the wall color shown in the pic given by Judy (again, from your previous question). I see you inquired as to what the SW equivilant would be. So, I'm suggesting a color to you that is very similar to that pic and will fit with your other design objectives. It is SW 7536 bittersweet stem. It is also from Concepts in Color, so go to the website to check it out. Caveat- monitors are deceiving so use it as a preview.

As for your beams, I like white. Either solid white or distressed white as you have already considered. If you do it solid, paint them flat to match the flatness of your reclaimed fencing. White beams will give the space a fresh modernity and allow the boards to be the drama. I know you're doing dark brown floors and there is no need to tie in the beams with the flooring; the ceiling is its own plane.

You have a really cool and unique space! Good luck with it. I hope my color suggestions help!
    Bookmark   August 31, 2013 at 1:09PM
cmckamie
You have been an enormous help, thanks so much! I am going to look at those other colors now. Had no Idea about the second deck. I will post upated pics on these same discussion boards as I make progress. Thanks again to you, and both of my other responders
    Bookmark   August 31, 2013 at 8:11PM
cmckamie
It would be difficult to get a good feel for my design style from the idea books because many of the things I have saved are strictly because of furniture layout, a specific structure of a built in, etc. The style of the room, or finishing selections may not even appeal to me. I have an EXTREMELY broad range of taste though. That's why I always end up eclectic. I love drama.
    Bookmark   August 31, 2013 at 8:21PM
HI -- Have a look at the new paint that is at Restoration Hardware -- their paint colors are wonderful and probably have your perfect color .
    Bookmark   Thanked by cmckamie    August 31, 2013 at 10:10PM
Wall paint color help/ duvet color choice
Hi! I am going to recreate this bedding set for myself-...
marleney
Shingle color/metal seam color - Help me decide!
Hi Everyone, The roof project has begun! Adding...
izzyana
Kitchen floor (marmoleum) color(s)??? Help!
Vintage house, small kitchen, cream shaker cabinets,...
einportlandor
Siding color help: two-tone or single color?
Thinking of doing a two-tone siding: the majority of...
m5askqu5
Kitchen Remodel - join the fun!
Below is my 7 yr old kitchen in our small open concept...
mamadubbs
The Perfect Location is Maui!
Maui has been chosen as the location for The Perfect...
HELP! Size of lighting over bathtub??
Beginning our bathroom makeover in 2 mos. What size...
bernegger
Need help for exterior of home!
My husband and I recently bought this 1960's yellow...
betsmurph198
Foyer questions
Hello all -- I'm moving on from the family room post...
smgeiger