need help with layout of kitchen/living room
sweetpeajamesg
Whole first floor is gutted so the kitchen is living room is one. The room is now 20' 6" W by 22' 5" L Want to get idea for layouts, really want island inside kitchen area now that it can fit. Will post pics tomorrow.
I cannot design your kitchen and living room layout for you. If you want to present a floor plan showing how the kitchen will be arranged, then perhaps you could get comments on how the living room adjacent to it should be layed out. You may also get comments from kitchen designers on an existing layout, but you're not likely to get many responses without any layout at all. We are not a free architectural service. We are professional designers and other interested parties who will give you opinions on existing spaces.
0 Likes   August 31, 2013 at 5:56PM
sweetpeajamesg
Thanks for your response Carolyn. Of course, you are right. There needs to be more i just thought I'd through it out there while I'm looking. I'm new to this site which is incredible for sure. I have been on for weeks hours at a time to get ideas. Is there somewhere on this site for me to put those dimensions in to see layouts. I guess I'm asking for too much lol. I will def take pics tomorrow of the room. I have also been working on a floor plan to scale with the cabinets but with the room as big as it is now I want to get an island in there maybe 9 feet long inside my hopefully soon to be new kitchen.
0 Likes   August 31, 2013 at 6:06PM
I suggest you find an architect or architectural designer in your area who will creat a floorplan for you. A kitchen designer could be even better! Try visiting a kitchen showroom, plans in hand.
0 Likes   August 31, 2013 at 6:12PM
Foxy Interiors Incorporated
Search NKBA (National Kitchen and Bath Association).
0 Likes   August 31, 2013 at 6:17PM
sweetpeajamesg
Thank you I will do so. It's been quite a dilemma as after I saw the walls gutted I had my contractor move the wall back to make the kitchen wider then saw pics of open rooms and then said to him today to now take that load bearing wall down that he just built and open up the room so an architect will be doming over next week. All just snowballed but I'm sort of glad it did. I always wanted it open .. its just a very big undertaking is all. I did go to Lowes and gave them my specific dimensions. They were very helpful and made a to scale layout that is quite nice.
0 Likes   August 31, 2013 at 6:25PM
sweetpeajamesg
I will search National Kitchen and Bath Association now. How are they different from this site?
0 Likes   August 31, 2013 at 6:26PM
DMH DESIGN
Search the Houzz professionals section for businesses in your area. Most will have an extensive portfolio showing past works. Choose the ones you feel best suit your interests. Happy Houzzing!
0 Likes   August 31, 2013 at 6:27PM
Foxy Interiors Incorporated
NKBA is the professional association that licensed designers belong to who have specialized in kitchen and bath. They are not only licensed interior designers but have extensively studied in kitchen and bath. Here you will find a list of professionals to help you with your project locally.
0 Likes   August 31, 2013 at 6:29PM
sweetpeajamesg
That sounds like a plan. I welcome any and all comments that you may continue to send me. Thank you all for your ideas
0 Likes   August 31, 2013 at 6:33PM
The difference is that they are the experts in kitchen design!
1 Like   August 31, 2013 at 6:34PM
sweetpeajamesg
I went to the site and tried to register but it asked for my organization. A little confusing so I just left a message and hopefully will speak with someone when they reopen on Tuesday.
0 Likes   August 31, 2013 at 6:43PM
Foxy Interiors Incorporated
There you go...have a great weekend!
0 Likes   August 31, 2013 at 6:46PM
sweetpeajamesg
I just registered. I'm in lol... You have a great weekend too. Thanks so much!
0 Likes   August 31, 2013 at 6:48PM
You might go to the search bar above to where it says " find local pros". Perhaps in that space you would find some kitchen designers in your area without waiting for a call that may never come.
0 Likes   August 31, 2013 at 6:54PM
Need Help with color combos for an open layout kitchen/living room
Ok I am torn between SW-Rainwashed or BM-Palladian...
Need help with the layout of kitchen/living area
Hi there, I'm remodelling the flat that I've just...
I need help with my great room (kitchen/living room)
I have light grey capet in the living room and white/...
Need help with kitchen/living room colors
Just bought a house with a kitchen that opens with...
Need all the help I can get with my small shared kitchen/living room *
Here are some new pictures of our tiny , tiny shared...
Would you hire a designer with crazy colorful hair?
Hi there! So, this may be a strange one! I'm fresh...
I need help with my kitchen!
Hello. I am a new homeowner and need help with ideas...
New Bathroom
We are building a new house and I am deciding what...
Need Help With 80's Doors
Should I paint or stain these? Storage is on the other...
Need help with my couch
I bought a l shape couch however it is too big for...