Kitchen update- help with color scheme etc.
bmoor
We just bought a new home and I love the layout of this kitchen just not the color scheme.
1. The floor is pergo (spelling?) should I replace it with hardwood?
2. Can you paint the tudor style diamond window trim and if so what color?
3. Can I paint these cabinets and if so what color?
4. I would like to change the countertops

My style I would say is eclectic. I like the rustic look that has become trenfy but am afraid it won't hold up

Any suggestions on how I could improve on a budget?
sandkshouse
You haven't given us much to go on. More photos would be great. Bigger photos would be great. Indications of your style would be great. The biggest thing I see that needs to change is the counter top. But that's just me. Maybe you love it.
August 31, 2013 at 8:09pm   
elegantbohemiandesigns
A lot of different looks going on....and I don't know what your style is. So I can only tell you what I might do if it were my new kitchen and I wanted to change it on a budget. The tudor lead glass (style?) windows are probably one of the coolest features and I wouldn't change them...but I'd use them as inspiration. Obviously, the newer Pergo floors wouldn't look right....I'd go with a natural looking stone floor set in an unusual pattern like herringbone or something cool. If you know someone who can lay tile it shouldn't set you back too much. That could be a dark gray slate or a lighter cream travertine looking floor. I'd stain the lower cabinets the darkest you can get away with depending on the shade of your woodwork..(hard to see in photo)...and paint the uppers a soft creamy white. New hardware in stainless or brushed nickel. And the biggest expense would be a new counter cause that's gotta go! :) Quartz counters mimic marble but are so much more practical as they aren't porous and don't stain. Maybe in a cream color? Backsplash could be something like a glass tile arrangement in tones of dark brown, cream white, and then you could paint the walls sort of a blueish gray or really any color that you like since everything else would be neutral. Hope that helps...
August 31, 2013 at 8:36pm     
elegantbohemiandesigns
PS...You might want to get some glass upper cabinet doors that mimic the tudor windows...maybe just in a couple. (Paint the inside of those cabinets).
August 31, 2013 at 8:37pm     
Need help- display items, color scheme,etc.
Wanted to have an unconventional entryway so Instead...
Need help combining kind, color, and style of cabinets (kitchen, etc).
I am building a new house, I don't know what cabinets...
need help with a lighter brighter color scheme in my kitchen
Right now the kitchen has dark floors, dark wood cabinets,...
Need help with color scheme for kitchen
Hi everyone, I am demolishing existing kitchen in...
Bath mat/ toilet seat cover
Is putting a bath mat and toilet seat cover in a powder...
Home sick in Louisiana
Everywhere I look I see brown / goldish stain. I love...
Need help with a 1930's kitchen
We're buying a 1930's colonial that needs some updating....
What color to paint railings on porch
We've been in the process of updating the exterior...
POLL: Tiny Houses - Yes or No?
Do you see tiny houses and long to pitch your belongings...