Have you installed Orka vinyl flooring?
carolruth
We are putting new flooring in our dining room, kitchen and back entry.We are considering Orka vinyl tiles, but haven't been able to find much info on them as they are a new product from Goodfellows.

Has anyone installed them or heard anything about them? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Dean Gelber
Hi Carol, just wondering if you decided to go ahead with the Orka vinyl flooring. We're considering installing it as well and would very much appreciate any input or opinions. Thanks!
November 28, 2013 at 2:03pm   
TMK Remodeling
Vinyl tiles went out in the 60's. There are so many better flooring materials. I'd reconsider it.
November 28, 2013 at 6:29pm   
j9rob
Hardwearing, kid friendly, good when you drop stuff cos it has a bit of give compared to tiles.

Not very attractive and will always look like fake wood. Get the real stuff if you can.
November 28, 2013 at 11:34pm   
carolruth
Hi Dean, Yes we did go ahead with Orka vinyl flooring. We went with a grey stone look as we already have 2 different real wood floors in rooms that connect to this floor. It is very comfortable to walk on and quiet. That, for us, is mostly because hubby spent a lot of time and many screws fixing most of sooo many squeaks in the floor. (this portion of the house is over 90 years old and has been moved at least once)

The only thing we have noticed is that a few of the tiles seem to have a little more shine than the rest. We have talked to our supplier and he will be contacting the company and coming out to take a look. If you would like I could let you know what the results of that is. I hope we can coordinate his visit this week.
December 1, 2013 at 5:54pm     
bathroom vanity lighting question
I have a 72 inch wide double sink vanity. If I am...
Hiding the well head and curb appeal please!
This is a lake house. It sits close to the road as...
POLL: Best Home Security System?
Everyone wants to make sure their home and family is...
Looking for a unique masculine mirror for a mens bathroom.
I don't have photo's but we are decorating a new build....
Need help with Hood and Liner installation
I need to install a VentAHood liner and semi custom...