My dorm
Jordan
My dorm any suggestions?
R H Kitchen and Bath Ltd
Just add a poster or some art work over the bed and it will look complete.
September 2, 2013 at 6:06PM   
Jordan
Thanks for the suggestion. I've been wanting to get this picture I took in Paris blown up.
September 3, 2013 at 2:48PM     
Wow, that would be a nice poster and you have selected some great pillows and bedding.
September 3, 2013 at 2:58PM     
Cute room! I agree, that photo would make a great poster. Looks like it's pretty easy to do. I just googled and saw you can have your image printed as a poster at wallgreens. http://photo.walgreens.com/walgreens/pdpposters/type=poster/?tab=photo_posters_Single I bet there are lots of other options if that isn't nearby.
September 3, 2013 at 3:05PM   
Urban Travel Life
Costco does a good job of getting poster size photos printed at a good price. Was this from a DSLR? It will make a difference in the print.
September 3, 2013 at 3:11PM     
Jordan
The photo was from my iPhone because by that time in our trip I was too lazy to carry around my actual camera but if it turns out fuzzy I'll just pass it off as my way of making it look like an impressionist piece. Thanks for the comment on my bed its a work in progress since it has two fans on it daily ( no central air). Instead of central air though my room which use to be part of a Hotel has original crown moldings and an old window which they turned into a mirror. Also all the rooms are different so it's a little more unique than any of the new dorms. I post a picture of the poster once I make a trip to Cvs. Not my ideal pick of where to go but it's only a couple blocks away.
September 4, 2013 at 12:15PM     
fuzinav
Try to use a little more of your aqua-blue accent color. I noticed how the blue notebook pops on the desk. Look for a colored blotter and switch out or add aqua trim to your desk storage with decoupage or just elmer's glue.
September 4, 2013 at 12:22PM   
Urban Travel Life
Saw this and thought you may like it.
http://www.sears.com/roommates-eiffel-tower-peel-stick-giant-wall-decal/p-03001009000P?sid=IDx01192011x000001&kpid=03001009000&kispla=03001009000P

It may work well on your wall to add a little more decor withouth being permanent. If your near a Home Goods you may find them their also. I have spotted them at mine from time to time.

jouir de!
September 4, 2013 at 1:02PM   
Sustainable Dwellings
I would consider a closed Armoire for your little study desk...and art.
September 4, 2013 at 1:10PM   
Jordan
Hey I finally got a piece for above my bed and I put together a collage to accent the head of my bed.
September 13, 2013 at 9:02PM     
jsreams
I'm impressed- I believe this is the first dorm room I've ever seen with crown molding.
September 13, 2013 at 9:38PM     
Cat Rowe
poster is really nice Jordan
September 13, 2013 at 9:47PM   
Jordan
Thank you everyone, I really appreciate all the comments. I love interior design and creating my own creative space was a necessity to escape my stressful science major. Holland is truly a magical dorm to live in we share a common driveway/quad with four other dorm buildings, the school's book store, a bakery and we are sandwiched between two major avenues that have state of the art hospitals, art and history museums, a park, amazing food, beautiful architecture and the Cathedral of Learning.
September 14, 2013 at 12:15AM   
unwantedadvice
Jordan, your dorm room is turning out nicely. The moldings and the window turned into a mirror are stunning! Enjoy. :)
September 14, 2013 at 12:26AM   
I need help making my dorm room comfortable and beautiful.
There are six girls living in this space. The suite...
need help with my dorm room,
i share a bunk with a friend but i occupy the lower...
dorm desk hutch
How do you keep over desk hutch and over bed storage...
dorm room, deck system
My son is attending a college where most of the students...
Need Help with Curb Appeal
We can't figure out what to do to the front of our...
small bathroom inside bedroom help
hello, I have a 5m×5m room and I need to have a bathroom...
Blank Canvas Open Concept Kitchen Living Room Dining Room
Need paint color ideas! Couches are dark chocolate...
Switching out of brown
Now my walls r in the brown family and I just purchase...
What to do about these chairs....
I would like to get rid of the leather bar stools at...