Bathroom needs temporarely decoration solution
Javiera Flühmann
Hi, maybe someone has an idea to share with me. I just bought a new house and the main bathroom has a little bit of a character. Since we are prioritizing $$$, the bathroom will have to wait for its final makeover. In the meanwhile, I would love some help to make it a little less terrible and probably bright it up a little bit too. Open to any suggestions within a reasonable price! Thank you !
apple_pie_order
Is your current budget for towels and paint? Or can you add new light fixtures? Are you in Europe?
1 Like   September 3, 2013 at 6:58AM
rafaellopes
How about a large dramatic plant that overhangs and fills part of the empty space...a palm type perhaps? Something that would do well with high moisture.
1 Like   September 3, 2013 at 7:50AM
Javiera Flühmann
I'm in Australia. Sure, but paint is a problem, because my partnet does not want to paint he wood. :(
0 Likes   September 3, 2013 at 3:12PM
mpoulsom
I would never paint that wood either! I think it's beautiful.
What IS your budget right now? Can you eliminate the brass in the room for starters? Maybe a larger mirror would be helpful as well and light fixtures.

I think I would just live with it like it is until you can make some big purchases like a new tub, sink and shower door. OR at least just get the plan together of the final product you are wanting and purchase and change the less expensive things right now...knowing that it will all look great when you have more in your budget later.
2 Likes   September 3, 2013 at 3:32PM
It will look very nice with small changes! I'd get few faucets (chrome) and a frameless shower door. I'd also suggest some quarter round painted white (to match the tile) to cover the gaps between the floor and tub tile. I would also remove the red circles tile and replace with plain white tiles that match the existing white tile.
1 Like   September 3, 2013 at 3:42PM
Boerne Kitchens and Baths
I think the wood is beautiful. The "sore thumb" in this room is the overwhelming RED tub. Changing the sinks is easy and relative inexpensive. The tub is going to run you about $2,000 US dollars to change out. Is you are thinking about having a whirlpool tub later then do it and reuse it when you renovate. Otherwise I think this room is just about going to be the way it is until you get the budget to completely redo. A frame-less shower unit is about $2,000 for that approximate size and you still have the tub to address.
1 Like   September 3, 2013 at 3:58PM
apple_pie_order
I'd wait until I had the money to do anything more than change the lighting, put up some art, and buy some bubblebath. Andy Warhol, Peter Max, something colorful that can hold its own with the tub.
2 Likes   September 3, 2013 at 5:03PM
2 Likes   September 3, 2013 at 6:01PM
Studio 76 Kitchen & Bath Designers
I agree to try to accessorize with items that can "balance" out the tub color for now. For me, the idea is to "take your eye away from the red tub" and focus on that beautiful wood.
0 Likes   September 7, 2013 at 7:53AM
josepurr
Wow! One day this will be a beautiful bathroom. In the meantime please don't paint out that wood on walls. It's gorgeous!
0 Likes   September 7, 2013 at 7:59AM
Need suggestions for a privacy solution for the guest bathroom window
Have a beautiful large oval window in the guest bathroom...
Need a shower solution for slanted ceiling bathroom!
We will be moving into our new home in a month and...
Need help decorating this pink marble bathroom
We just purchased our new home. With the good, comes...
Need advice for bathroom decor
Towel colors? Artwork? Going for beachy zen. Should...
Any ideas on how to decorate this huge fireplace?
This surround is around 24 inches deep and 55 inches...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Kitchen open to DR
Hi all, so just finished main part of Reno & we opened...
Advice on built-in cabinetry
We are building a house and meeting to finalize the...
ideas on what to do?! 70s style
we are purchasing this home. this is a very large room...