OLLD 8/3
kimdee24
September 3, 2013 in Other
Good morning, everyone! I guess it's that time of year, kids heading back to school. If you have kids, when do they go back or have they already? What's on the agenda today?
kimdee24
Well, where is everyone today?!!
September 3, 2013 at 9:09am     
DIAspoton
happy tuesday KD. i just got back from the tile store. we played around with a few ideas this morning for the guest bath. amazing how different they can look in the home from the store. i planned to do the tub surround in a 12x24 charcoal porcelain with one 8" glass mosaic charcoal horizontal band intersecting with a vertical stripe of the glass on one end. that end would have a niche backed in chrome pennyrounds.
changed it to 2 bands of penny rounds and the glass mosaic will only be on the niche.
i'm spoiled with floor n decor 15 minutes away. i can buy stock items, take a few things home to try and return the rest.
oh and i walked one dog 3 miles this AM. took the other dog for a bath.

what are you up to today?
September 3, 2013 at 9:57am     
Jayme H.
Kimdee...U are a month late! LOL..the others r looking for "9-3"
You r funny. Jay Bird has one more day off school..back tomorrow..they had Mon & Tues off. ND is weird, starts them in July, then they get the Labor Day break.
Good news...Chuck got his first 2 jobs for the building center...a couple good ones, we r happy...
Getting packed to boat for the day.
Diaspoton, your tile sounds awesome...gonna be a pretty room....pics soon pls!
September 3, 2013 at 10:16am     
Linda
I'm paying property taxes today - my second favorite day of the year as first half taxes are due in June (OK, third favorite after April 15th also!)

I HATE PAPERWORK!!!
September 3, 2013 at 10:18am     
Linda
My kids went back a week and a half ago - classes started last Monday That's to the University of Illinois and our local schools started about then as well.

Hubby is out this week so I'm alone in the house for the first time since about May - I'll be getting bored by the end of the week but enjoying it this morning
September 3, 2013 at 10:35am     
DIAspoton
linda, if only this country would pass the fair tax act or go to a flat tax. paperwork makes me nuts and i can't begin to understand the current tax code. throw in K2s arriving in august and other goodies and i'm always playing catch up. hate it hate it hate it. life is too short to spend time on paperwork.

jayme, thanks. i promise i'll get this photo thing figured out soon and then you'll all probably have to tell me to quit posting so many pics!
September 3, 2013 at 10:41am     
mefor
Never fear Mo, I'll NEVER tell you to stop posting pics, lol. Pics are fun and exciting and an easy way to get ideas across to others. Your tile project sounds interesting, it will be great when we can see it ;)
Linda, I fell asleep while typing last night, sorry :) my kids go back tomorrow. And yes, paperwork is the worst!!!
Jayme, congratulations to you and Chuck, sounds like you're off and running.
And kimdee, see what happens when we don't sleep enough? You are a month late and I wish it really was that date.
Having fun (?) housekeeping and houzzing, but I have such a headache.
September 3, 2013 at 11:43am   
kimdee24
Oh CRAP!!!! See, I still want it to be August! Sorry about that! And I'm always sooooooo careful to put it in the right format!

Someone else should do this tomorrow!
September 3, 2013 at 12:03pm     
mousemaker
The apes across the street had a wild party last night and we called the cops again. Didn't get much sleep either. hopefully now that school is starting they will settle down but you can't count on it. About 40 people poured out of the house around 11 to go to the bars. great, huh? It's a big old house and it should be restored. it had been a family home until 2 yrs ago when it was sold to a rental company. Some young women lived there and it was fine until they moved and then these apes moved in on Friday. Every night they've had a big party. Well, we won't have it in our neighborhood. Some people have to get up and go to work and other people have children who need sleep, besides which they are so inconsiderate and obnoxious it's just unreal..
and!! :) I have to look at the horrible landscaping!!!! I have tried to so hard to make my lawn look nice and then I have to look at th at?
September 3, 2013 at 12:35pm     
mefor
Oh mouse, what an awful shame. Calling the police will probably be the only option, rental company will only care if they get paid on time. And if the rental company isn't taking care of the exterior and yard, you can be assured that they couldn't give a flying monkeys armpit. I feel for you. It's pretty awful to have crappy neighbors and if they've only been there a few days, I just wouldn't think it will change much. Wonder if you can complain to the university, if there's some sort of decorum standard. I'd start to keep a record of all the times that the"peace has been broken" and photos of the state of the grounds. Never know when it will come in handy.
September 3, 2013 at 12:59pm     
mousemaker
thanks mforr...I don't know if they got a ticket either time we called the cops, but whenever there is a police call, the landlords are notified and whatever money is involved is usually passed on to the tenants. So when it hits the wallet, they start to notice. We do have a good city property maintenance office, but they are poorly staffed and can only do what is within the limits of the city ordinances. There are some rules about maintaining your yard though, but I 'm not sure if they apply in this case. I have confidence in my contact at the city department :)
We'll see what happens tonight. :)
September 3, 2013 at 2:21pm     
olldcan
Seriously Kimdee, hahahaha, I thought nobody started today yet. You got me good!!!!!! Hey all, If i've told you once then I've told you twice. NO MORE, parties across the street from mousemaker!!!!! On a serious note though, that completely sucks!!!!!! I'd be ticked off too!!!
September 3, 2013 at 5:02pm        Thanked by kimdee24
kimdee24
I started it Candace... a month ago! You're late to the party... lol
September 3, 2013 at 5:06pm     
mefor
Ok, I'll be the designated driver tomorrow. No moonshine for me tonight ;)
September 3, 2013 at 5:07pm     
olldcan
No need for the designated driver Michele, finding today in front of my nose was a sobriety test in itself. Please don't be so tricky tomorrow kimdee or we'll know for sure, your across the street from mousemakeer tonight without us!!!
September 3, 2013 at 5:15pm     
mefor
School tomorrow. Yay and boo. Ok, really just boo. I actually like my little monkeys.even if one of them is taller than me. Does that make him my little ape?
September 3, 2013 at 5:20pm   
Linda
Mousemaker - see the article below about how renters are changing neighborhoods http://www.cnbc.com/id/100997543

Wild parties in the neighborhood are a pain - hope you can get this one calmed down
September 3, 2013 at 5:21pm     
mefor
I answered you last night Candace, but it was sometime between 2 and 4 o'clock in the morning, my time. Why did you give salad recipe? It sounded really nice, but in my middle of the night fog, couldn't figure out where it came from. :)
September 3, 2013 at 5:22pm     
olldcan
Michele I just threw it on here, (tried chucking tomatoes and lettuce but they just wouldn't stick!!!). I looks so crazy and it's so yummy, thought someone might need a change up from the same ol' so I decided to share. Yes, I saw that reply and now it's back at ya :)
September 3, 2013 at 5:34pm     
olldcan
When my youngest son started grade 12 he was 5'9, when he finished he was 6'4". He grew so fast it was very noticeable week after week. So much so that even his Shop Teacher commented and started a growth chart the shop wall. He wore a size 12 shoe at the start of the year and finished in a 15. I always knew when he was about to shoot up again because he would complain about his aching legs and man oh man would that kid sleep. It was nothing on the weekend for him to sleep 12-15 hours when he was stretching up. He just laughs when I call him shorty and I have to stretch my neck in an attempt to get any eye contact. I always really enjoy having him around, eventually when he moves out, i'm really going to miss him. I wish I could say that for the other 2, we sure had our days thankfully we all survived.
September 3, 2013 at 5:48pm     
kimdee24
Oh, I remember my youngest brother and his aching legs. My mom would lie with him for hours just rubbing them so he could get to sleep.

And I remember all the boys in HS... how they'd go for the summer and come back in the fall and they were 6 inches taller than the last time you saw them. Crazy!
September 3, 2013 at 5:55pm     
mefor
I know, it's crazy how big they get, without any fertilizer or anything, lol. Well, I guess they supply the fertilizer. A load of teenage bull, that is. Haha. When did he get to look at the top of my head. Wow.
My daughter is kind of petite, but I think there's a big stretch coming up. And she's definitely got the leg cramps and extended sleeping starting. Guess there will be another one looking at the top of my head. Well, maybe she'll look me in the eye, at least for a little while. I'm 5'7" so she has a little ways to go. My son is 5'10" now, god only knows what he will be by June graduation. :)
September 3, 2013 at 5:58pm     
mefor
Wonder where Robin is? Maybe she couldn't find her way here. Miss you Robin!! :)
September 3, 2013 at 6:00pm     
mefor
Hi Linda :)
September 3, 2013 at 6:00pm   
mefor
Left you one Candace. Don't step in it ;)
September 3, 2013 at 6:18pm   
olldcan
Don't mess with me there's nothing there!!! You know I like fake grass but invisible, is pushing it!!!

Robin is probably hearing all about the first day of school, how exciting it can be.

Linda, great article thanks.
September 3, 2013 at 6:30pm     
mefor
Ok, tonight I'm putting the iPad out of range of my hands. I will try to sleep like a normal person, lol, at least as close to normal as I can get.
So I'll say goodnight to all of you, see you tomorrow. I'll start 9/4 kimdee, don't want you to lose sleep thinking its February ;)
Night
September 3, 2013 at 6:31pm     
mefor
Wonder why that's happening, your one from the other day, only appeared tonight. So I got two for the price of one. I promise it's there. Lost in cyberspace I guess. Very odd. Hopefully it will show up soon. Pearls of
Wisdom, as usual. Haha
September 3, 2013 at 6:33pm     
olldcan
Night Michele, check tomorrow for updated pics ;)
September 3, 2013 at 6:34pm     
DIAspoton
linda and mouse, the WSJ had a more encouraging story last month on rentals. the gist of it was that companies are finding it more profitable to do more than bare minimum to the foreclosures they purchase. by spending more on the homes and landscape, they get higher rents and more responsible tenants. by investing in neighborhood common areas and supporting community involvement, the properties appreciate more and are easier to sell when the time is right.
September 3, 2013 at 6:36pm     
Jayme H.
Mouse...I don't blame u, give em hell, they have it coming.
Made it to the lake today for a lovely time...we beached our boat and did a little shore exploring...here's my monkey boy enjoying himself
September 3, 2013 at 7:28pm     
kimdee24
Aw.. he is such a blondie! How fun for him!

I'm off to bed ladies. I'm going to read for a (short) while, and then lights out. Hopefully for the night!

Sweet dreams, all.
September 3, 2013 at 7:50pm     
Jayme H.
Thanks Kimdee! Don't start reading that same book again or u will not stop...LOL
Sleep well pretty lady!
September 3, 2013 at 7:55pm     
mefor
Ok ladies, and any of the gents, I've started 9/4 see you there as you wake up :)
September 4, 2013 at 2:52am   
OLLD 8/3
Some projects are big, other projects are bigger! What...
what height should double wilshire sconces be set for 8'3 ceilings?
I just purchased some double wilshire sconce from RH...
olld 3/8
Good morning ollds. Planning for the weekend?
OLLD 8/8
Morning all, hope it's better weather where you are,...
New kitchen
What do you think about montclair in cherry kaffe on...
What color to paint my bathrooms??
I have painted my entire house a mushroom bisque color....
Help! Narrow Living area with TV, Fireplace and Large windows
I am struggling with how to arrange this room now that...
Please help me design my barren conference room. .
I own a company where I sell and design custom websites....
Big wall with tv Help
Need help decorating this wall. Was thinking of the...