Help my dining room!! Im stuck and cant decide
melaneeframp
September 3, 2013
Recently moved into new home. Off the entrance is the dining room, which is open to the kitchen and living room.the current furniture came from my previous home- the only thing to stay is the piano. I would like a new table, sideboard and mirror/ art. I love the following :industrial , mid century modern and romantic interiors. This floor has nice wide plank hardwood floors ( mostly brown/ lighter brown). Has a pale blue/ gray paint. The kitchen gas brown shaker style kitchen with white counter tops. Family room has a white rug, black barcelona chair , white barcelona sofa, gray couch with 2 gold end tables, and chrome coffee table. I would love to have a table that does not have matching chairs. Additionally, i was thinking of going with a round table. Would love your suggestions.
melaneeframp
Here are 2 other tables i like. The room is close to 14 x. 17 so i would like to go with a 54" table? Think that is good? Cant decide between a wooden table or glass. If glass then Chrome or satin nickel? Oh the choices.

Should i do wood? Metal? Is 54" a good size. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Bookmark   September 3, 2013 at 2:25PM
Laurence Tillett
I may be way off base here, but there is one huge drawback to a glass top table.....and that is having to see peoples' LEGS when they are sitting down to your fabulous dinner. Here in Florida, mostly everyone wears shorts, and trust me, the human knee is not the most attractive body part on most people. Call me silly, but I think a wooden table is more versatile, and definitely more elegant!
2 Likes    Bookmark   September 3, 2013 at 2:36PM
Laurence Tillett
Oh, and you could do a 60 inch round easily(or smaller with a leaf or two) for even more versatility.
1 Like    Bookmark   September 3, 2013 at 2:37PM
melaneeframp
:) such a good point!!! Never thought about that! I love the idea of a 60 inch table!!:) thanks! Great start. Now to start looking at wood tables
    Bookmark   September 3, 2013 at 2:55PM
I vote this classic table with your midcentury tastes. You can get different chairs as well. Or the classic.
Saarinen Dining Table - white laminate - hivemodern.com
12th Street apartment
1 Like    Bookmark   September 3, 2013 at 3:12PM
PS..If you're not emotionally attached to the piano...it would look awesome painted white..or even an accent color. :)
Private Residence
Bohemian Apartment Blue Wall with Piano
1 Like    Bookmark   September 3, 2013 at 3:14PM
I swear, the tulip table looks great with almost any chair!

Bookmark   September 3, 2013 at 3:23PM
Try a 60" table and a 30" chandelier to drop from that ceiling fixture. Wood would be my choice - perhaps on a metal base.
1 Like    Bookmark   September 3, 2013 at 4:18PM
melaneeframp
Awwww! The tulip does look good! What type of material is it? I like the simplicity of it- and could get some stunning chairs and do wallpaper. I wonder if it would be difficult to paint the piano- thats the reason why im a bit nervous to go with a wood table as i was thinking a wood table, wood piano and wood sideboard would be too much wood!
    Bookmark   September 3, 2013 at 4:22PM
melaneeframp
Does the tulip come in a larger size? I was thinking at min 47". Wonder if they make tulip bases with wood? Would wood and marble look good.? I think so- it would be like cabinetry.
    Bookmark   September 3, 2013 at 4:26PM
Yes, the tulip table comes in all sizes and with marble and wood tops and a laminate type. 60" would be great to seat six.
1 Like    Bookmark   September 3, 2013 at 10:09PM
Need to decide how much taupe and cream paint to change dining area
I am tired of my light green and orange scheme. I adore...
swewer
Need help! Stuck decorating...
I recently moved to a new house in Florida and have...
princefam
Still Stuck on Dining Room ( I need you yet again GROVERAXEL and houzz
Morning, Houzzer's, I'm still stuck on finding wall...
leestep
I'm stuck, can't figure out how to decorate this room!
Looking for rug, curtain, table suggestions for this...
traditionalwithtouchoftrend
I'm stuck! Need help coordinating maple cabinets, countertop, backsplash & floor
by kenabrain 63 minutes ago in Photo Questions Boy,...
kenabrain
does anyone think this backsplash will work?
thinking of installing Avenue Mosaic Weave Jacquard...
kathleen
Ideas for paint colors and accent wall
Hello, I have attached pictures of my model home...
luvmalife
Help with empty space
Hello all! We have this empty space in our living room...
jdavid10
Institutional "Dining Room" needs makeover
I work in a hospital that needs a therapeutic makeover...
Kevin LaFleur