From A to Z (before Sept 9th)
um3g
Info:

This is a 6x6m upstairs living room,
so the look I'm aiming for in an informal,
family-friendly room.

It has 3 walls, one of which is the balcony wall.
The curtains have already been installed.
They're a brown-goldish color (slight shine to it) and a beige chiffon
underneath (cant change them). The Tv position
is also fixed, and that's my focal wall.

SECTION A:

I'm planning to buy the L shaped sofa (brown,light yellow
and it has a light grey shade on it)
that i'm hoping would suit my chaise lounge (same shade as in cushion).

The coffee table is brown + side table (same series as the tv cabinet).
It isnt like the glass-white one in the pic.
This living room has spot lights all over, and 2 other
lighting features inside the trays - a central square one (bright) and four smaller squares in
the corner of the room (dimmer light).

Question1: what carpet shade would go here? shaggy beige or shaggy brownish (similar to the curtain)
Question2: Should I add a chandelier? or a fan? or delete the electricity point and keep it plain?
Question3: How can I accent the side table? (no electricity point to put a lamp) and would rather keep a vase with flowers
on the console.

SECTION B:
The console is 145 cm, so the plan is placing
3 vertical canvas family photos 42 cm each on
top of it. Console is the same series as the coffee table-side table
and tv stand.

Question4: Should I put anything on either side of the
console? chair? ottoman?

Section C:
Exactly as shown in the pic - minus the frames.

Section D:
from balcony to corner: 1m
from corner to tv section: 3m
so - empty corner ...
Question 5:
What do I place here?
2 wing chairs? A plant? A desk positioned diagonally? a vertical fountain?

PS. no mirror is needed here.
um3g
Anyone?
September 3, 2013 at 7:37pm   
um3g
No one ? Please
September 3, 2013 at 10:34pm   
I think the reason you are not getting a lot of suggestions is because many of your selections have already been decided. Many would not suggest a L sectional with your chaise. Plus, shag carpet. Do you mean wall to wall carpet? It would be best just to show the room with dimensions and also show the furniture you MUST use (have already) and ask for input for additional items or space plan. How many do you need to seat daily?
September 3, 2013 at 10:50pm   
um3g
I don't have anything at all in this room - so nothing that i 'must' use - except the curtains are already there & the tv is already set on the wall. I'd like a chaise because I don't have one in the house yet - but i'm open to living room layout suggestions if changing it would be better.
I have 3 living rooms downstairs and a playroom. Living room 1 is a large 8 section L seater , living room 2 is 2 opposing chesterfields with 2 single seaters in between and the 3rd is a custom made circular living area. These 3 areas r for my guests and family in general, so this one is more of a family one (seating 1-5 pp)
Not wall to wall carpet, only under the sofas.
September 3, 2013 at 11:03pm   
um3g
here r the dimensions :D
September 3, 2013 at 11:10pm   
Ohhh! This is more of a gathering family space. Sort of a game room? Movie room? Will you need a space/furniture for guests sleeping? I'm going to bed, but I'm sure Houzzers will help and I'll check back tomorrow. I'm thinking since you have other living spaces, this maybe could be more of the whimsical, fun space. Are their children with hobbies/interests?
September 3, 2013 at 11:10pm   
um3g
I have a guestroom downstairs also. I have a playroom too downstairs with all their crafts+ toys+ tv +books etc
- so this is just open space that needs to be filled up lol That's why i want to put a chaise in here somewhere or an office corner. Not a game room, it's too close to my masterbedroom. Children r too young (4 years below)
Have a goodnight ,thanks and tc
September 3, 2013 at 11:14pm   
Sounds like you have plenty of space! For your lounge space here, how about floating four big chairs between a coffee table? Or, for more seating, a sofa and four swivel chairs that can swivel to the tv when needed? Since you do not have electrical on the floor, I would suggest a large beautiful chandelier overhead the coffee table. For the empty corners, how about a table/chairs for game playing or for art space? In the other corner, maybe a built-in cabinet with a coffee maker, under cabinet refrigerator for drinks, wine or snacks when you want a drink/snack during the night or when entertaining? Here are some arrangements to consider. I wouldn't do a sectional sofa. You can mix things up in the home with more versatile pieces.
Living Room
Tarrytown remodel
Kiawah Family Home
Cape Cod West
September 4, 2013 at 12:03pm   
um3g
These r more styles that I had a look at today .. Ideas ?
September 4, 2013 at 1:48pm   
um3g
And these r more items I liked
September 4, 2013 at 1:52pm   
That is nice furniture. But, it is much more interesting NOT to have a sofa, loveseat and chair match. I'd say the sofa, chaise and chair/ottoman instead of three matching pieces. It would also be nice for the chair/ottoman to have a nice pattern. Unless you want to have a colorful rug with an interesting pattern.
September 4, 2013 at 1:55pm   
um3g
I like the 3rd suggestion, but problem is - when u come up the stairs, I don't like seeing the back of the seating. That's why the sectional and chaise r still at the back of my head although symmetrically they might look bad together.
September 4, 2013 at 1:56pm   
Be mindful of the lines of the sofa when considering chairs. The sofas you line have straight lines/arms but the chairs you like are curvey and the other is rounded arms. Try to have the furnishings similar in style.
September 4, 2013 at 1:58pm   
um3g
I liked these from the idea books as well
September 4, 2013 at 2:01pm   
um3g
September 4, 2013 at 2:02pm   
You may like this arrangement with a sectional. Notice the chaise in the corner! This could work for you. I also like the very large round rug to break up all of the rectangles.

September 4, 2013 at 2:02pm   
Help houzzers! I'm not doing so good here. :)
September 4, 2013 at 2:03pm   
um3g
This as well .. I guess I need to really clear my head before splurging into a buy. R u with it against placing a fan here (regardless of the furniture) ?
September 4, 2013 at 2:04pm   
um3g
Still need a chandelier with this ?
September 4, 2013 at 2:09pm   
Help Houzzers! um3g could use some space plan help. :) Calling in reinforcements um3g :) I have to go now. But, to answer your last question. A fan above a lovely space looks out of place to me. A beautiful chandelier would be my preference.
September 4, 2013 at 2:11pm   
gladagain
I think this is a great choice here um3g, since it appears you are into a very cozy look. Maybe some chevron or colorful type pictures to add more color to the room.
September 4, 2013 at 2:13pm   
um3g
Thanks ! Fan out of the way then :( no one seems to be reading the comments
September 4, 2013 at 2:13pm   
Silver & gold leafing
I want to silver leaf my half bath. Should I re-paint...
What size rug should be used under dining room table?
I am looking for a rug to put under a table that is...
I need help with my kitchen!
I need to paint my kitchen, new back splash, do something...
Need color makeover to update & blend old furniture in new house
Just moved in, and our old furnishings look drab and...
Redo Family Room
Need help with paint colors, accent colors and arrangement!...