Need help decorating around this dark gray couch in living room
abaum1962
Ski condo just bought.What colors match? Room has light carpet with gray tweed. Walls all painted white now. Big fireplace at angle, lots of wood everywhere, high ceilings with dark brown beams..don't know what to buy or what colors to use.Pillows have red,lt gray, lt yellow. Can't buy new couch or new carpet yet. .excuse mess work in progress.
abaum1962
other photos
0 Likes   September 3, 2013 at 10:23PM
How about starting with a beautiful Kilim rug like this with lots of color? Sturdy coffee table with legs to plop your feet up and maybe a red accent chair. A nice pop of red in this chair and ottoman in red leather - safe from wet clothes! A rustic coffee like this?
Turkish Kilim Rug
Red Leather Club Chair and Ottoman Combo
Mexican Rustic Pine Coffee Table
4 Likes   September 3, 2013 at 10:32PM
abaum1962
Wow, I like your style and the rich colors. We have a beautiful rustic iron chandelier that works with your ideas. Thanks!
2 Likes   September 3, 2013 at 10:54PM
abaum1962
We have big sliding glass doors leading to balcony outside. What color drapes do you recommend? Thanks!
0 Likes   September 3, 2013 at 11:05PM
Regarding the curtain color, I think it will depend on your rug and chair choice.
0 Likes   September 4, 2013 at 8:46PM
nwduck
I'd paint the walls a tone of the warm goldish color in your fireplace stone, then pump up the volume with items like Darzy's suggestions. The grey couch ties in with the grout in the fireplace, so no prob. Try some colored pieces on the diagonal slat wood wall, or four related square art pieces (say 12"x12" each). You might look for light wool, lined curtains for the slider to keep the freeze outside.
1 Like   September 4, 2013 at 9:31PM
abaum1962
All great ideas too. We painted the walls and high celings white because they edge a mustard color and made the room look very dark. The wood paneling is on two walls so it looked too much of the same gold mustard color. It looked washed out bland. This is a tri-level so the ceilings ate high with great big dark beams and the white paint makes the room brighter. Pics don't show it...sorry for that.used cell phone.
0 Likes   September 5, 2013 at 12:25AM
abaum1962
Oops sorry for typos.
0 Likes   September 5, 2013 at 12:26AM
reVISION Custom Home Renovations Inc.
I am a big fan of grey, yellow and tan. I think you could keep your fireplace tan if you had a lighter couch with yellow accents. And white washed your wood wall. I attached a photo I found online of the color scheme I am thinking of. Good Luck!
2 Likes   February 18, 2014 at 8:05PM
happyasaclam
If you go for a stunning look like Darzy suggests, I'd look for curtains in the light beige/gold color that's around the central medalian in the middle of the rug. Even if you opt for thermal or blackout curtains you can buy seperate panels that clip on to the back of the cutain. :) This color. And a blackout liner. :) Living Room Blackout Drape Liner
1 Like   February 18, 2014 at 8:37PM
Need help picking paint for licing room with leather dark gray couch
We want an accent wall or two (thinking pink maybe),...
Need help with our living room redesign around ugly couches!
We are stuck with the furniture for now...I am kinda...
Need help with dark blue couches in living room
I have 2 large dark blue couches and I would like to...
Accent Chairs and Wall Decor
I just bought the accent chairs next to the fireplace,...
cabinet pulls
deciding between a bar pull or square bar pull. which...
what should i do with the panelling?
we are replacing all trim with white wood and six panel...
Guest Bedroom Help!!
I'm trying to get the guest room bedding figured out...