OLLD 9/5
S. Thomas Kutch
September 5, 2013 in Other
I think somebody or somebodies are sleeping in today..........was there a party last night that I didn't get the invitation too....? I want to see pictures.........!
OnePlan
Blimey - I've never seen it this quiet on this thread !! I'm up - but then it's 14:11 here already !!! I think you are right about a big party STK !! I didn't get an invite either ! :-(
September 5, 2013 at 6:12am     
kimdee24
Good morning! And hello you two... nice to see you both! I definitely slept in a bit today, I got wrapped up in a book last night that I couldn't seem to put down... until 3:30 in the morning. Damn you, Jack Reacher!

What's new? What's happening today?
September 5, 2013 at 7:20am     
mefor
Morning and afternoon people!! Sorry, trying to clean up, get some calls made, houzz and it's getting a bit busy. How is everyone today? It's going down to 47fahrenheit tonight. What the heck is going on with that?
September 5, 2013 at 7:43am   
kimdee24
STK -- how goes the projects? Good morning, Michele!
September 5, 2013 at 7:54am     
armygirl1987
Morning all.
September 5, 2013 at 8:41am     
kimdee24
Good morning, Angela. How are you?
September 5, 2013 at 8:58am     
mefor
Much quieter today, must've talked it all out of the system yesterday. :)
September 5, 2013 at 10:41am     
kimdee24
It is very quiet... where is everyone today?
September 5, 2013 at 10:43am   
armygirl1987
Hi Kimdee, on my school and intern today. Hope all is well with you..
September 5, 2013 at 11:41am     
kimdee24
I am good... working hard this week, since I can't play golf until Saturday. Would love to play today, it's so nice outside.
September 5, 2013 at 12:21pm     
handymam
Just spent an hour and a half with 30 teenage boys. Had to supervise study hall after school and bring snacks and drinks since soccer doesn't start til 4. Just for the record, they like white bread more than whole wheat (I am with them on that) they like marshmallow creme more than grape jam with their peanut butter, and the chocolate chip cookie brownies were the first thing to go. The word was out in the hall about them and most of them came in and headed straight for the sweets!

Hope everyone is having a great day today.

Angela, hang in there girl.
September 5, 2013 at 1:04pm     
S. Thomas Kutch
Kimdee, it's going good. The steps are in place now, this weekend I'll start the pavers..... hip and leg willing. Yesterday was a long day ( 12 -80# bags of concrete mixed by hand) to pour the steps. Weather was perfect, low humidity, in the shade, drinking lots of water to stay hydrated......took my time and rested as I needed to, but apparently over did it, as during the evening I turned and shifted my weight the wrong way and popped the hip out........this time it didn't pop back in right away leaving me just standing there.......fighting to keep from dropping to the floor and yet unable to move my leg. It was kinda just locked in the position. I actually had to reach back and lift my leg upward till it popped back in place...........which then deposited me on the floor in pain. It most definitely was a 2 Vicodin night...................today I can walk on it, but very gingerly and using both canes. I've been planted on the couch most of the day, watching NetFlick movies or shows.

Lisa left me orders not to do anything today or tomorrow and not to touch the steps again until she can help me over the weekend.

I go back to the Orthopedic specialist on the 27th........and I'm going to tell him I want it taken care of....... even if it means a replacement now. Tired of being laid up and not able to do what I need to do without worrying about moving the wrong way.
September 5, 2013 at 1:18pm     
S. Thomas Kutch
Wow Handy...........I never had study hall like that..... heck we were lucky to get a desk.
September 5, 2013 at 1:21pm     
handymam
STK, it is only for soccer players, lol! They decided to feed the boys and keep them there to do their homework rather than having them goof off and come back late for practice. I like it because my son is able to get his work done before he comes home.
September 5, 2013 at 1:26pm     
handymam
STK, you gotta get that hip fixed, it is really holding you back.
September 5, 2013 at 1:27pm     
armygirl1987
I am handymam and thanks. STK-I agree with handy on this one, you need to get something done.
September 5, 2013 at 1:52pm     
kimdee24
Glad to hear you're making progress, but not happy to hear about the hip. Get it fixed, young man... !
September 5, 2013 at 2:09pm     
Jayme H.
Hi, I had to work today.
STK, I think u prob. are making a wise decision in re: replacement.
September 5, 2013 at 2:32pm        Thanked by S. Thomas Kutch
S. Thomas Kutch
I don't know what he's going to do, but I'm going to push to go ahead and replace it......the cortisone shot didn't work, only lasted about 4-5 weeks and I still had the potential of the hip popping out..... it just didn't hurt. Exercising and strengthening the leg hasn't helped.........riding the bike is about all I can do and that's not doing the job.......I guess we'll see what else is available come the 27th.
September 5, 2013 at 3:52pm     
kimdee24
Is there a reason he's been reluctant to do it, STK? Or is it just that he wants to exhaust all the non-surgery options first?
September 5, 2013 at 3:56pm   
S. Thomas Kutch
Well, we agreed we would exhaust all non-surgery options first......and then there's still the lingering concern about the other medications that I'm on... in particular the monthly shot that inhibits the body from absorbing the HGH........the concern is does that or will that function cause any adverse conditions with the bone healing around the pins and overlaps of the device...... no assurance has been forth coming from the manufacturer that it won't cause a problem...........hmmmmmmm.
September 5, 2013 at 4:30pm   
olldcan
HI TAUPE BOX :)

STK, I wan't to finish reading all you have contributed today but I had to start the nanananananana because you're hurting yourself, just trying to live a little. I'm with Lisa 100%!!!!!! Quality of life has to weigh in and it doesn't seem like your having much fun. I think it's fair to say you have exhausted all avenues and replacing the hip is in order. Don't waste any more time, get this done!!!!! We'll all be here daily to chat your ear off while you recover :)

AND a great big hello, to everyone else.
September 5, 2013 at 6:33pm        Thanked by S. Thomas Kutch
kimdee24
Hey Candace!
September 5, 2013 at 6:45pm     
armygirl1987
Hey Candace, just came from the movies with my friend and was not impress. Blue Jasmine
September 5, 2013 at 6:49pm     
mefor
I'm still on Candace, you're getting me for a little while tonight. What's the good word?
September 5, 2013 at 6:52pm   
armygirl1987
I will be up too.
September 5, 2013 at 6:58pm     
olldcan
Hi Kim, just can't beat today, gorgeous!!!!! I was stuck in Devon all morning as the Tour Of Alberta started there this am. Pretty cool to see them take off, right past our store twice but there aint nothing sexy about a 50year old man in spandex :( as you would say BOO!!!!

MIchele, good word????? Just stay up a bit, sleepy head. No napping at 11pm then wide awake at 3am, that's the pitts!!! That's a nice little herd you got there.

Angela, did you wear your TAUPE BOX to the movies, maybe that's why you weren't impressed. Who's in Blue Jasmine?
September 5, 2013 at 7:40pm     
armygirl1987
Did I miss something what is taupe box
September 5, 2013 at 7:47pm     
armygirl1987
Stand up comedian from back in the day-Andrew Dice Clay
September 5, 2013 at 7:47pm     
kimdee24
It was gorgeous today, Candace. Too bad I was stuck in the house and missed it all!
September 5, 2013 at 7:49pm     
armygirl1987
Kate Blanchett, Alex Baldwin
September 5, 2013 at 7:53pm     
mefor
Remember last night, Candace was talking about your profile pic, handy and I were twins because we are both the blank white silhouette of a man. Your pic of tile is a taupe box. Candace is a lovely delicate flower, lol. So fragile.
And yes, I'm already falling asleep over the iPad. Woke up and wondered why it was in my hands. Crazy.
September 5, 2013 at 7:55pm     
kimdee24
Go to bed, Michele!
September 5, 2013 at 7:58pm     
armygirl1987
Go to bed
September 5, 2013 at 8:00pm     
mefor
I'm waking up, and giggling. That was so funny, my hands were still holding iPad up like I was typing. Very silly.
September 5, 2013 at 8:02pm     
mefor
Kimdee, better get out and get a little fresh air and enjoy the nice weather even if you aren't on the links. Won't be beautiful outside forever.
September 5, 2013 at 8:04pm     
mefor
Angela, I put something in the cabinet
September 5, 2013 at 8:05pm   
armygirl1987
It wont let me and trying to log out and cannot figure out how. LOL
September 5, 2013 at 8:09pm     
olldcan
hahaha, yes you did Angela. Yesterday mforr and handy mam were saying they were twins cause they had the same profile pic. Mforr was complimenting Jayme on her picture that she posted and said" she had no face" I said you've a Taupe box but I wouldn't call you that until today. I think we all need an overhaul on our profile pics
September 5, 2013 at 8:10pm     
mefor
Don't you like me as a ghostly male?
September 5, 2013 at 8:11pm   
mefor
Should I post my real face?
September 5, 2013 at 8:11pm     
olldcan
Ya, you are kinda ghostly like that. Doesn't have to really be you, just pick something so we don;t mix up you and handymam or anyone else looking ghostly.
September 5, 2013 at 8:15pm     
mefor
There's a spot in right hand corner, it says your houzz, go in there and in the same corner there's a spot that says sign out. You'll need to put in your password to get back in. don't know how long it's been since you had to type your password.
September 5, 2013 at 8:15pm   
armygirl1987
yes, post your real pic, what are you afraid of or are you a man. lol
September 5, 2013 at 8:17pm   
mefor
Still think I look a bit pale
September 5, 2013 at 8:17pm     
armygirl1987
hmmm, yes
September 5, 2013 at 8:18pm     
kimdee24
Part of your face seems to be missing. Or exploded.
September 5, 2013 at 8:18pm     
olldcan
Hilarious!!!!

TAUPE BOX, you've changed, nice little birdies you've chose :)
September 5, 2013 at 8:20pm     
mefor
That's because I'm a ghost, horrible industrial accident. Put my face in the vaporisor, got vaporized.
Angela, you picked a good one. Love that picture.
September 5, 2013 at 8:20pm     
Robin W
That's just creepy.
September 5, 2013 at 8:24pm     
mefor
It is , isn't it? Maybe I should delete it so you guys don't have nightmares or worse, think that's what I really look like.
September 5, 2013 at 8:28pm   
olldcan
I'm out. Falling a sleep on my lap top :( TTYL
September 5, 2013 at 8:29pm     
kimdee24
It's 9:30 and it's dark outside. How depressing.

Nite, Candace.
September 5, 2013 at 8:32pm     
mefor
Me too. Here's my real pic. Sandy cheeks. Sitting in my bikini with my red insomniacs eyes. Night ladies!!!!
September 5, 2013 at 8:32pm     
mefor
Nite Candace.
Does anyone else's eyes tear when they yawn? I thought it happened to everyone, but apparently, not too many people have that problem. My face is streaming with tears. Crazy. :)
September 5, 2013 at 8:35pm     
kimdee24
Happens to me too, sometimes.
September 5, 2013 at 8:45pm     
armygirl1987
all the time for me. thought I was the only one
September 5, 2013 at 8:46pm     
mefor
Yay, I'm not the only one here with the wet face. Goodnight for real this time :) sleep well houzzer gals.
September 5, 2013 at 8:49pm     
armygirl1987
night michele
September 5, 2013 at 8:50pm   
mefor
Morning, started 9/6 :)
September 6, 2013 at 2:54am     
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Need help with soft furnishings for a living and dining room!
Total amateur furnishing a house from scratch for the...
New apartment! please help!!!
I need help picking furniture out for my new apartment....
POLL: Tiny Houses - Yes or No?
Do you see tiny houses and long to pitch your belongings...