painting a upstairs with sloped ceilings.
crash2572
September 5, 2013 in Design Dilemma
we are in the process of finishing a upstairs. we are wanting to make it a bar/ sports theme area. one side with have a bar and the other will have the big screen to watch the game. we are redskin fans and their colors are burgundy and gold. we have painted the ceiling white but are wondering about the slopes and short walls. we had considered trying to incorporate both colors. maybe a burgundy wall with a yellow stripe. im open for any suggestions. thanks
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Beth Scheel
We have an upstairs with sloped ceilings. My daughter will be moving into our old room and she wants two colors. So I think the long walls will be blue and the short, sloped end walls will be purple. So maybe you could do the short walls yellow, or maybe just one wall yellow as your "accent wall"?
September 5, 2013 at 11:24AM   
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
CHRISICOS INTERIORS
Hi! Here's another idea to ponder--- the flat screen wall paint a dominant color burgundy in this case for the team color and to ground the flat screen- (provides importance to that wall) Note: the burgundy does not have to precisely match the team color- it can be slightly off as long as it relates to the color upon viewing.

The other walls I would work a neutral color in and then bring the other team color- the yellow or a yellow that is similar to the team yellow if you need to soften the color a bit bring in the accessories, the fabric on the bar stools, the team art/team shirts framed and installed as art and also as a yellow horizontal stripe at the top of the knee walls and at the bottom of the knee walls also.

crash2572----- good luck with your new sports space.
September 5, 2013 at 12:02PM