Gaping hole
Beatriz Torres
I need help! But suggestions are very much welcome. My home has an addon. It used to be a sliding door to the outside patio. The door was removed and the patio enclosed. That patio room is being used as a computer-gaming-sewing room. I can't wall it off or install a door at this point. But I do need to close it off for entertaining. Ideas?
BathGems
Can you install pocket doors? Or a sliding door? Look on Houzz for ideas just search pocket doors. If you cannot do a door then a curtain is really your only other option.
September 6, 2013 at 9:23am     
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
We have taken bifold doors off of closets and then painted them and stood them up, overlapping slightly in order to screen off an area. A cheap way to hide things from view. Might could look for doors from a Habitat Restore or an architectural salvage place.
September 6, 2013 at 11:16am     
smileyface2013
A pretty curtain rod and curtains. Or, do you have any tall bookcases or a hutch to put in front of it, along with the curtain?
September 6, 2013 at 11:34am     
dorhas1
Another idea that might be more permanent would be to build a half wall out from both sides of the room with columns at the ends of each, leaving at least 5' to walk through. The half wall would provide nice cover for the room and the remaining open space could more easily covered with bifold doors or a nice curtain that is tied back when you don't need it. The half wall area could be left open, OR you could put in some obscure glass if you don't want to cut off the light. If light is not an issue, you could make bookcases on both sides and even do bookshelves across the opening. I have seen that several times and it looks very custom and becomes the focal point rather than what is behind it. Good luck!
September 6, 2013 at 3:16pm     
dorhas1
Thanks decoenthosiate, a picture is worth a thousand words!
September 6, 2013 at 3:33pm   
Beatriz Torres
Thanks for the suggestions :-) definitely more choices than I thought I had.
September 6, 2013 at 4:23pm   
Need Help! Cabinet help!
Hello. We are currently customizing a house we bought....
Playroom design
We're finally getting around to cleaning up our catchall...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Would you go for a striped wall?
Feature walls are big news, but what if you want to...
Which color scheme?
Which color scheme and accessories do you like best...