Bed on window wall
ruechardon
This is absolutely the best choice for bed in 13x17x8tall master for traffic pattern and floor space. Windows on porch, so no direct sun light. I want white Roman shades, simple and clean. Hubs wants sheers, (blackout or Leaving top glass bare is not an option.)
Opinions and ideas, please?
ruechardon
Oops. It is a 7ft. tall four poster bed, no canopy. Lamps/shades are optional.
September 6, 2013 at 9:33AM   
Aggie dba Aggie Designs
I think a wall of drapes is the best solution, otherwise those posts are in an odd spot...

]
September 6, 2013 at 9:38AM     
Aggie dba Aggie Designs
And you can still hang a mirror over the bed, if it is too boring...

]
September 6, 2013 at 9:41AM     
karemore55
You do have a challenge there, if that is definitely the only l,ace your bed can go. Does it definitely have to be the four poster? Your first challenge is the windows, and I agree with some sort of blind (make sure they're black-outs - you can never produce too much melatonin lol!). I would also add very full drapes on a is gel rod that spans to about a foot beyond the outside of each window. Hang your panels so they completely fill in the space between the windows. I'm thinking a solid, no pattern, would showcase the posts on the bed. Do you plan to paint the walls? If not, white linen would look great and your lampshades would look good against them.

However, this brings us to the other challenge - the bedside tables and the close proximity of that door. In that corner, a 24" round pub-style table would fill the corner better and not look as awkward as a square nightstand. The piece on the other side of the bed can be square, but maybe keep everything in similar wood tones. I'm also wondering if you could change out the lamps for study, or printer's, lamps - they're less obtrusive than the current lamps. With the size of the bed and the fact that it is all pushed toward that one side of the room, I think your bed will be the obvious focal point and nothing around it should compete with that. Hope this helps!
September 6, 2013 at 9:44AM     
Dar Eckert
Master Bedroom
Marshfield, MA

You could put curtains across the entire wall.
September 6, 2013 at 9:46AM     
ruechardon
LOL Aggie, at first I thought you meant "over" as in 'on the ceiling?!?!'
September 6, 2013 at 9:46AM     
Dar Eckert
Oh, we were thinking alike.
September 6, 2013 at 9:46AM     
karemore55
That should e "hang drapes on a single rod" - must start proof-reading before I hit Send! Also, in second paragraph I was trying to say to switch the round table with the square table.
September 6, 2013 at 9:47AM     
chericastillo
The posts of the bed in front of the window seems distracting and adds to the window treatment dilemma. I'd swap beds or saw off the tall posters on the bed to the similar height of the headboard. Then I think white roman shades as you mentioned you liked would look nice.
September 6, 2013 at 10:44AM     
Is your bed opposite the entry door? That would be an optimal position for it, but we can't see all the room. Perhaps these windows are opposite the entry.
September 6, 2013 at 11:39AM     
smileyface2013
The problem with the posters is that, besides being in front of the windows, they are also taller than the windows. To alleviate that, either change the bedframe to something shorter than the windows, or hang curtains across the entire wall, from close to the ceiling, so that the posters are not taller than the windows.
September 6, 2013 at 11:48AM     
Dar Eckert
That is an easy fix, hang the curtains at ceiling level.
September 6, 2013 at 12:11PM     
Aggie dba Aggie Designs
@ruechardon wow that is a very good idea!
September 6, 2013 at 12:13PM     
ruechardon
Three doors, (hall, closet, bathroom) only solid wall is where armoire is) large, tall furniture was bought for previous larger, taller ceiling house. New furniture not option. Bed was on wall between closet and bath doors... Not wide enough for nightstands and bed. It looked and felt crowded.
I think drapes across whole wall, floor to ceiling is best option. Love idea of mirror over drapes on wall behind bed.
September 6, 2013 at 12:29PM     
karemore55
I agree about drapes. So many pics posted showing how great they look, and its obviously to overcome the same design challenges you are faced with. I like that you have the armoire in the opposite corner - it will balance out the weight of the bed. One question - is that the door leading into the room right beside the bed then?
September 6, 2013 at 12:39PM     
ruechardon
Door nearest nightstand is closet. Door with puppy gate is to hall. Bath is to right of armoire.
September 6, 2013 at 12:58PM     
karemore55
So if it makes you feel any better, it's good feng shui to have your bed positioned across from the door into the room. It's called the power position, presumably so you can grab your knife from under the bed and fling it the invader? Actually, I don't know why, but you're covered just in case!
September 6, 2013 at 1:02PM     
Susan Guthrie
I would swap the nightstands, so that the round one is closest to the door - I think you are going to bruise yourself on the corner of the square nightstand. Could the armoire go where the bed used to be - between the two doors? I don't like walking into the room and right into the side of the armoire. Maybe it could be just moved deeper into the room? Love Aggie's picture of the curtains behind the bed. Perfect sollution. Also love the his & hers windows & your bed is very pretty.
September 6, 2013 at 1:50PM     
Drape backdrop sounds like your best bet.
September 6, 2013 at 2:56PM     
bumblebee728
Why not the white (a natural, not stark white) Roman Shades you like, started close to the ceiling, with a rod on each window also near the ceiling, holding full, soft, (the same natural) white, sheer or light linen panels. Each curtain rod long enough so the full sheers extend approximately 6-7" out from the sides of each window? The posters would then be in front of the full, gathered sheers whether opened or closed. In between them a piece of artwork or pretty mirror.
September 6, 2013 at 9:03PM     
Creatively Yours Custom Inc.
So, with the tight fit there of the bed against the windows, I would not want to put anything behind the bed there that would add a lot of bulk to it- ie. heavy draperies. I think Hunter Douglas ( and maybe a few other companies have a version of it) Silhouettes would be your answer. They would fit like a Roman Shade, they have sheer panels on the front and the back of the louvers( for hubby) and can be gotten in room darkening if you need that. They can be a little pricey, so shop them and their competition's versions of them. This would satisfy both of your needs! You can open the louvers in the daytime and still have the sheer part covering the window.
September 6, 2013 at 9:13PM     
Keep your fabric and wall paint the same. Keep everything neutral. Remove the shutters and leave the windows until dusk and then pull the curtains for privacy. You need to take attention away from the fact that the bed is too big for that room.

September 7, 2013 at 4:56AM     
bumblebee728
Here's a photo to accompany my post above. The shade is high enough to cover the wall between the curtain rod and the top of the window. This makes the window appear taller. And I didn't make it clear in my other post, but the gathered panel would also cover a small portion of your window, so that the posters would be in front of the panel. Picture the shade in a natural white ( same as panels).
September 7, 2013 at 4:50PM     
aoglesby999
Have you tried the bed on the same wall as the door to the hallway? That would block the flow from the slightly when walking from the hallway to the closet, but it would keep the bed off the window wall.
September 8, 2013 at 1:36AM     
ruechardon
Update.
I really like room from iplay10. ( I dont like A bed on same wall as door, sorry) AND I realized that all these rooms have pinch pleat drapes, which are not within budget.
The drapes below are linen/cotton blend. Pillow shows only color/ pattern in room. Lamp shade will be changed, and maybe paint the walls a very pale icy blue. There is a similar drape in cream available, but I thought the more natural fabric nicer. New mirror, too.
So...?
September 8, 2013 at 4:05AM     
ruechardon
Here is my bedding in a blue room. (pottery barn)
September 8, 2013 at 4:09AM     
njmomma
Love the bedding and ipay10's inspirational pic. You have a great start on recreating the room, but I think you need to change the mirror over the bet to something different and something larger. It makes the space above the bed look very narrow above such a large headboard. Or maybe nothing at all.
September 8, 2013 at 4:39AM     
mrsevans04
I think the mirror is entirely too small and looks out of place with the oversized furniture. I do love what you've done with the curtains. I tend to shy away from hiding cased windows, but it worked well in this situation. I'm also a huge fan of hanging curtains at or very near the ceiling with 8' or 9' ceilings.
September 8, 2013 at 4:46AM     
ruechardon
I loved this 29" mirror, but thought too big. Space from drape to drape is about 34" and 40" from head brd to ceiling.
September 8, 2013 at 5:20AM     
mrsevans04
I like the round mirror and think it would look great up there. How about one with a similar color frame to the existing one?
September 8, 2013 at 5:28AM     
ruechardon
From where?
September 8, 2013 at 5:43AM   
mrsevans04
http://www.viraldecor.com/gotham-round-wall-mirror-in-antique-silver-by-uttermost.html

This one is too large for your space, but I'm sure your nearest Hobby Lobby or Michaels offers a knockoff in the right size and price.
September 8, 2013 at 5:51AM     
smileyface2013
I like what you've done so far with the curtains and lamp. Looks good! One suggestion: paint the curtain rod white. the dark rod draws the eye to it, and it's really a background thing.
September 8, 2013 at 6:06AM     
jeanniebalducci
I think it would look fantastic to hang drapes across the entire wall. Hanging on just the 2 windows still accentuates the fact that the bed is too wide for the space.
September 8, 2013 at 6:11AM     
likus8898
I would get rid of the headboard and just use a bed frame. Then use your windows and a mirror or picture in the center wall. This way your wall with the windows become your headboard. I've done this many times and it looks fantastic
September 8, 2013 at 6:23AM     
ladymojo
First choice for me is drapes from ceiling right across wall, could even be sheers, then panels at corners. But having said that, what you've done with the curtain on the left looks fine too. I think what ever color curtains you get should be the color of the wall paint, unless you do the whole wall curtains. The round table should be in the corner by the door. Good luck and thanks for posting this.
September 8, 2013 at 6:28AM     
ladymojo
I forgot to say, I think the mirror is superfluous. The bed is simply the star of the show, and doesn't need any more distractions with a mirror above it.
September 8, 2013 at 6:29AM     
readbetter
Personally, I don't like sheers in a bedroom because at night you need privacy and darkness and during the day as much light as possible. Once you get used to the bed there you will probably enjoy the better flow of the room. The bedding is soooo pretty. I agree that it is the star of the room. Maybe a panel on each window to close at night.
September 8, 2013 at 6:49AM     
nataliesim
Centre the bed between those windows. So that each post covers even or roughly even the same space over the window. Love the height idea of the blinds. Having the blind just past the bed posts makes the room look like you have windows there. Take away the two side tables which just look too big for those corners. Find a smaller side table if you need them. I have the Hemnes ones from ikea as I had limited space. Or alternatively don't have a side table at all. How about floor lamps like this - http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/10251861/ Great work in progress.
September 8, 2013 at 6:53AM     
Ative design
Try to change the colir of furniture.
September 8, 2013 at 7:36AM   
claire01
Your bedroom is very similar to mine. As suggested above I put the bed on the wall where your chair is as my headboard was too big to go between the windows. I did go with floor to ceiling drapes in a soft tone. I attached some pics, don't mind the tv, one of these days I will fix that area up.
September 8, 2013 at 7:37AM     
bms0422
The curtain hung to the ceiling height looks good and helps with the high bed posts. I agree with an earlier post that painting the rod white (or off white if the white is too stark) would be a good choice. Love the bedding you selected. One other possibility would have been to place the bed in a corner rather than flat on a wall. However, it looks like you are well on your way to resolving the design using your desired location for the bedl. If you will be keeping the shutters and want to block the light from the upper portion of the window, look in the box stores (Lowe;s and Home Depot) for ready made cellular shades. We purchased one for our back door that has a full glass insert. The price was excellent and it was simple to install (we are not handy). It looks great open during the day and provides privacy at night. An earlier post suggested the Hunter Douglas concept, but they are definately pricey! I agree that the mirror over the bed does not enhance the area. Find another place in the room to place it or return it if you don't like it elsewhere. With the bed posts and the drapes, you really don't need anything else on that wall. Sometimes less really is more!
September 8, 2013 at 8:04AM        Thanked by ruechardon
Chris Lev
Disguise the offset of the windows to the bed posts by hanging drapes right in the middle and make it even. It will appear that you have a wall of windows and choose to open the sides. Switch the side tables to soften the corners.
September 8, 2013 at 8:11AM     
pcmom1
Like iplays photo above. Any chance that your furniture can be darkened?
September 8, 2013 at 8:37AM     
ruechardon
Cutting up, painting, or getting rid of furniture is not an option. I love this furniture, even though it was purchased for a larger room with tall ceilings. If i love it, i will make it work; and i really like everything about where the bed is now, except....I just need to decide whole wall or just windows covered. One window done to "test." Thanks to all, stay tuned.
September 8, 2013 at 8:44AM     
lnsail
This bed frame looks like one my grandmother had. Is it an old family piece? If so do you know origins?
September 8, 2013 at 9:26AM     
lnsail
I see now that you purchased this bed...so never mind my question. I really like your bedcover choice. My vote would be to put drapes all the way across.
September 8, 2013 at 9:36AM     
bumblebee728
I agree ruechardon, it's worth working around!
The reason I don't like a whole wall of drapes is because it's an 'artificial' treatment, which sometimes comes in handy, but isn't necessary here. Too much drapery, even if it's a light material, can look 'heavy' in a room and make the room feel 'padded'.
September 8, 2013 at 9:38AM     
iluvdiy
What you said about if you love something you will make it work is so true! In the end this is your room and you can pick and choose suggestions until you are happy with the results. Pulling the bed slightly forward from the windows may help it look like it isn't crowding the windows. I get catalogs every day that show beds in front of windows - pottery barn etc. Good luck with your project!
September 8, 2013 at 10:24AM        Thanked by ruechardon
myfantasyland
Or paint the rod the same color as the walls
September 8, 2013 at 10:48AM     
pcmom1
I do think a white rod would look better.

Am I the only one who gets creeped out when seeing a wall of drapery? I know it can solve design issues, but all those folds of fabric give me a real closed in feeling. Coffin-like to me! Then I think of all that fabric near my nose and think allergies...
September 8, 2013 at 1:36PM     
bumblebee728
pcmom1, lol! See my comment, up 3 posts.
September 8, 2013 at 2:00PM     
pcmom1
Bumblebee, we are on the same page!
September 8, 2013 at 2:02PM     
Susan Guthrie
I think the curtains could look a lot better if you were to use twice as many clip rings. The bed posts look wonderful with the curtain background. A bigger piece of art or mirror is all you need now. Can't wait to see the bed made with your beautiful linens.
September 9, 2013 at 1:40AM     
catscats
I really like your bed and where it is situated and really like the idea of the full wall drapes. It would give the room a lot of glamour but nothing hanging above the bed. If you happen to be in earthquake zone, it could fall on your heads and that wouldn't be a pretty picture. It happened to my parents and we usually don't have bad earthquakes. All-in-all, you have a lot of good ideas presented to you. Now to do what makes you happy. It would be nice to see the results.
September 9, 2013 at 7:40AM     
bumblebee728
I agree with Susan to use twice as many clip rings, there will be less sag. You can take away as needed until it looks right to you.
I like the color of your room now, to go with the bed, bedding and drapes, but if you want to change it, here's a muted green you might like. It's October Mist by Benjamin Moore, but the lighter version named Vale Mist might be better. I'm posting the October Mist because the digital chips seem to show lighter in the screen anyway.
Above your headboard, I think you should use either nothing or a round or horizontal mirror or piece of artwork.
September 9, 2013 at 10:06AM     
bumblebee728
Here's BM's Spanish Olive, more subdued than October Mist.
And Gibraltar Cliffs which I think would be a nice blue to find in accent pieces, pillows, throws, etc.. A little bit of the blue would be nice with the burnt orange in the bedding.
September 9, 2013 at 10:21AM     
ruechardon
Argh... So as long as I'm being indecisive...(and I have time since we are waiting on new mattresses to be delivered) here is bed in original position, with armoire I corner.
I don't like room darkening, heavy drapes. So in daytime, drapes behind bed posts are irrelevant, therefore drapes all the way across are too. So maybe I should just stick with original spot?
September 9, 2013 at 11:46AM     
pcmom1
Been looking back and forth. I like this (your old spot) better. This makes more sense to me with the placement of those two doors. And, as I mentioned, don't like drapery used to fill walls!
September 9, 2013 at 11:56AM     
Nancy Walton
That looks better, but can you pull armoire out of the corner about 1 foot? It looks like it is crowding the window too much.
September 9, 2013 at 11:57AM     
ruechardon
I agree more rings are needed.
I like these linen cotton blend WASHABLE drapes.
I don't think I would like an entire wall of fabric.
I want that round mirror. Lol
September 9, 2013 at 11:58AM     
abbyjean
I have to say I like the bed on a WALL instead of between the windows. No picture over it, but that part is minor right now.
September 9, 2013 at 12:03PM     
ruechardon
The armoire can go where it was before, too, but then you see the side of it from the hall door....
September 9, 2013 at 12:04PM   
abbyjean
Could the heavier looking rectangular night stand go between the windows and the chair in front of the window and that smaller table go beside the bed?
September 9, 2013 at 12:06PM     
abbyjean
If you like the armoire where it was before, I do not think seeing the side of it from the hall door is an issue.
September 9, 2013 at 12:12PM     
ruechardon
Wouldn't 20" round, not daint, y pedestal tables be perfect?? Distressed black?
September 9, 2013 at 12:13PM   
RosemaryR
Bed looks much better, do not need picture above, let the bed be the star.
September 9, 2013 at 12:13PM     
claire01
I like where you have positioned the bed now. To me a nice big star above the bed would look great (the star of the room, lol). If you see the armoire from the hall I think it is ok also or is it to big to place between the two windows? I would opt for 2 smaller end tables to give the appearance of more space beside the doors. I also agree no heavy drapes, keep it light and airy. Going to look beautiful.
September 9, 2013 at 12:31PM     
pcmom1
Do think a large rustic star (you can get them at Michael's) would look good over the bed.
September 9, 2013 at 2:55PM     
abbyjean
I have a feeling that mattress was delivered and she is getting the bed all made up with that beautiful bedding and the room just so......we are going to get a glimpse in a moment!!!
September 9, 2013 at 2:59PM     
papoodles
Have to totally agree with Nancy..bed looks better and more grounded in its old space, and armoire should be moved over as much as you can....so it doesn't hug the corner and obliterate the light coming through the window.
September 9, 2013 at 4:23PM     
ruechardon
23" wide - how about two of these?
September 9, 2013 at 4:48PM     
claire01
I like them, will make side of the bed feel spacious and not boxed in.
September 9, 2013 at 4:51PM        Thanked by ruechardon
rsm49
I too like the bed on the wall. I think you mentioned that it felt crowded with the night tables, but it actually looks less crowded here. Get smaller tables if you can.
September 9, 2013 at 5:19PM     
geunderwood
Keep the wall with the windows for a seating area with small table. Get smaller side tables. Even if you have to wait, you won't feel crowded. I know I hate feeling crowded. Coffin-like comment cracked me up. LOL
September 10, 2013 at 10:00AM     
readbetter
The problem I see with small tables (I have a teeny house) is that they don't give you any drawers to things. I have had bad luck with those pedestal tables is that they feel wiggly. I had to place my bed under a window because of the pitched attic ceiling and I miss my window but have no choice because I wanted my big bed. Do what feels good for you when you are sleeping. The room looks beautiful and I can't wait to see the gorgeous bedding. It will look lovely on either wall. BTW, the picture might look washed out with the bedding.
September 11, 2013 at 3:03PM     
readbetter
I mean drawers to put things. Sorry. I'm on the iPad and its hard to type. Hi abbyjean!
September 11, 2013 at 3:04PM   
abbyjean
Did you have a good day? Routine in place yet?
September 11, 2013 at 3:07PM   
readbetter
Abbyjean, great yes. I. Place nope. Going over every child and every score to be sure each one gets the support needed. Very tedious. Anyway, don't you love this bedding. I love color for other people.
September 11, 2013 at 4:26PM   
readbetter
I just had a thought. Pottery barn sometimes sells fabric. If you put the bed in front of windows, you might want to have a Roman shade made for tops to close at night with shutters and open during day.
September 11, 2013 at 4:30PM     
pcmom1
Look for sturdy pedestal tables, less crowding since less visual space is taken up.
FleaMarketTrixie
Hawthorn Home
September 11, 2013 at 4:53PM     
Sustainable Dwellings
Hate me, but that bed is so large that it makes the room look tiny. Try another frame?
September 11, 2013 at 5:00PM     
readbetter
Oh, nice. Look more sturdy. Thanks for finding them for her.
September 11, 2013 at 5:43PM   
abbyjean
NCLB scores and standardized testing from last year? They are wonderful tools as are those teacher recs.
September 11, 2013 at 6:02PM   
readbetter
Yes, abbyjean. You a teacher too?
September 11, 2013 at 6:12PM   
abbyjean
I took early retirement a few years ago and now have the fun of being a substitute. Hubby, too. We also have a son that teaches. I taught 6th grade forever and loved it, but then took some intensive math training and basically did what you are doing, but with math instead. Helped train teachers in a new way of thinking and questioning.
September 11, 2013 at 6:13PM     
readbetter
Sounds like you liked it as much as I do. Wish there was a chat site so we don't barge into this discussion. Ill catch up with you soon.
September 11, 2013 at 6:20PM   
ruechardon
LOVE those pedestal tables, pcmom!! If i could only find two, and cheap!
No hating here, but bed is a queen size, and i do love it. So it stays. It is what it is. ;-)
September 11, 2013 at 6:32PM     
abbyjean
Any pics to share with us now that the mattress in there?
September 11, 2013 at 6:51PM     
ruechardon
Still no mattress yet. My indecision is limitless! Actually, hubs is traveling for work, and we have a comfy guest bedroom.
Btw, room traffic IS better if bed is on window wall. But oh well.... Ill just have to live with Walking ALL the way around the bed from the closet to bathroom... What a trek!
September 11, 2013 at 7:02PM     
abbyjean
Oh, sorry! For some reason I thought you were waiting on it yesterday and that was my bad! Nothing like rubbing it in, huh?
September 11, 2013 at 7:13PM   
ruechardon
No worries. I work FT, too, but need to get the room back together by next week, I do better under pressure ;-)
September 11, 2013 at 7:46PM     
abbyjean
It will feel soooo good to have your room done, so when you come home from working all day, you can truly relax!!! In a beautiful room!
September 11, 2013 at 7:59PM     
readbetter
Don't feel badly about keeping your big bed. You will deal with the bigness if you love it and once your mattress is in, oh boy, you will enjoy it more! I have been the subject of a few lengthy room discussions and i know about indecision. Try different suggestions and see which ones feel and look right for you.

i read somewhere that putting a bed on the north wall is grounding somehow. Does anyone know about that? Just for the fun of it, which directions are your bed wall choices.

Btw, so glad you found those pretty tables that you can afford. The whole room is beautiful! Don't forget to send final pictures.
September 12, 2013 at 3:02AM     
abbyjean
Seriously? By golly, our bed IS on the north wall and the foot of it faces the door way. No wonder life is so darn good!
September 12, 2013 at 6:55AM   
readbetter
Must be, Abby, mine is too. I'm never changing it. Maybe it's a feng shui thing. Not sure how to spell it
September 12, 2013 at 4:14PM   
abbyjean
And now that I think about it, both guest rooms that the kids use when they come are just the same! NO planning......just the way the furniture worked the best. YES!
September 12, 2013 at 4:25PM     
ruechardon
Progress... Pedestal tables weren't big enough, visually. I like these.
The bed IS on north wall with feet toward door...lol
September 12, 2013 at 7:33PM     
readbetter
North must be the way to go then. Not only will it look good, you will also rest well. If you decide to change the tables later, you will know when the right ones come along. Cannot wait to see your beautiful room.
September 13, 2013 at 2:59PM     
ruechardon
This photo failed to post yesterday
September 13, 2013 at 5:23PM     
ruechardon
Night tables
September 13, 2013 at 5:24PM   
ruechardon
Mirror?
September 13, 2013 at 5:26PM     
abbyjean
Ya know, I think those tables might work with that bedding.....that will make them make sense....make sense? It is the mirror I am wondering about......need to be extra careful with a mirror in the bedroom so it does not seem random, as normally/usually they are over a dresser and USED. This one does not seem like it will be used and is more a wall decoration.
September 13, 2013 at 9:52PM     
abbyjean
The white chair works with the white tables and it looks like the seat will go with the bedding, but not sure about that pillow. I like one there, though.
September 13, 2013 at 9:54PM     
Dar Eckert
Looks like a lovely combination of bedding and art. You are hanging the art and mirrors a little high but on the tall headboard, I don't think you can move it down. The small art piece under the lamp seems out of place but the rest looks good.
September 14, 2013 at 6:56AM   
pcmom1
Like the choice of art you put above the bed. I would take down the small art piece under the lamp, as Dar Eckert suggested.

Mirror to me looked about 3 inches too high.

Wondering if you need that chair and small table there. Do you actually sit there, or did you think the wall just needed something? I think a small bench would work better. I think that chair is too small, but then don't think you have much room for anything much bigger.

Chair that is a better size for the mirror. Wrong color, but here goes:

Room is coming together. Is that material on the headboard your new bedding? It is beautiful!
September 14, 2013 at 12:01PM     
pcmom1
Here is both a mirror with a bench under, and also a scale of chair that is slightly larger than your current one:
September 14, 2013 at 12:14PM   
Susan Guthrie
I see I am not the only one who rearranges furniture while the Darling Husband is away...
September 15, 2013 at 6:41AM     
readbetter
I'm going to throw a wrench into the mix here - all those walls of drapes remind me of a funeral home - sorry, my opinion, and why I have no drapes in my house. Also, I think the white tables take away the beauty of your bed. I was looking at Pottery Barn the other day and they have some small round tables in different wood stains that are reasonably priced. Also, love your painting. The colors look right with your bedding. But, it's your room and you will take all these ideas and end up with what feels the best for you - and it will be right!
September 15, 2013 at 6:56AM   
pcmom1
Readbetter, the pic I posted was to show the bench with the mirror. If you look at a prior comment of mine back a ways, you will see I asked others if they were creeped out by a wall of drapes also! I said "coffin-like"!
September 15, 2013 at 11:48AM   
ruechardon
Ok, here it is, I think. I hope.
September 16, 2013 at 5:01PM   
ruechardon
:-)
September 16, 2013 at 5:09PM     
Nancy Walton
Very nice
September 16, 2013 at 5:44PM     
thelmalouisemom
What a transformation! Looks great.
September 16, 2013 at 5:54PM     
thelmalouisemom
A small dish on the night table, for jewelry, a water glass and either a candle or a small flower or plant. Makes for a perfect guest room.
September 16, 2013 at 6:07PM   
sangeeta74
Drapes behind headboard and covering a bit of each window as well with the option to cover windows entirely while sleeping
September 16, 2013 at 6:36PM   
MS Colours Inc
Paint and glaze the bed to make it blend into room better
September 16, 2013 at 7:07PM   
abbyjean
VERY NICE indeed!
September 16, 2013 at 7:09PM        Thanked by ruechardon
abbyjean
Do we have a plan for the cords hanging down? Are there covers you can paint?
September 16, 2013 at 7:10PM     
bumblebee728
Love your bedding and the bolster!
September 16, 2013 at 9:37PM     
RosemaryR
Rue, it looks beautiful. Great job. What did hubby think coming home to a new room?
September 16, 2013 at 10:28PM        Thanked by ruechardon
readbetter
Looks so beautiful and cozy.
September 17, 2013 at 1:18AM        Thanked by ruechardon
rsm49
Lovely! You did a great job!
September 17, 2013 at 1:31AM        Thanked by ruechardon
Dhananjay Thakur
ya so
September 17, 2013 at 1:40AM   
pcmom1
Beautiful bedding!
September 17, 2013 at 5:09PM     
wally'sgirl
Looks wonderful! Are you happy with it? I kept looking for the picture you said you liked and couldn't find it :( However, what you've put together is beautiful.
October 17, 2013 at 6:23PM        Thanked by ruechardon
rsm49
Lovely!
October 17, 2013 at 6:48PM      Thanked by ruechardon
Well, the bed is perfectly positioned relative to the door. What was the outcome for the armoire? Do you plan on a chandy to replace the fan? Looking great!
October 17, 2013 at 7:40PM   
ruechardon
The room is as the photos posted sept. 16. The armoire is on the left wall as you look at the bed. I have a blue throw now on the chair and a few blue accessories, candle holder, etc.. Still "discussing" painting walls pale blue. Ceiling fan stays, I lost that battle. LOL
Overall, We are happy with the changes, esp. New carpet(Mohawk smart-strand) and drapes.
October 18, 2013 at 4:45AM   
cindyguent
Love the way it all came together. Nightstands look good with bed because bedding pulls it all together. Would you consider removing pix from above bed? Doesn't seem to be needed there, nor does anything else due to height of headboard. Maybe pic would look good between window? Hang lower than the mirror is now, if it fits.
October 18, 2013 at 6:40AM     
ruechardon
Yes, but looks so bare with nothing. Keeping eye out for something smaller, with more blue & a little red...
October 18, 2013 at 6:55AM   
pcmom1
The umbrella picture looks too large for over the bed. I am wondering, do you still have that round mirror that you showed near the chair in one of the postings above? I think that would work.
Portfiloi
Rainwashed Master Bedroom
October 18, 2013 at 8:33AM   
abbyjean
I like the idea of the umbrella pic between the windows. Will it fit? It might fill in that area nicely and still have a special place in your room.
October 18, 2013 at 9:01AM   
ruechardon
I do still have it... Will try to post it soon!
October 18, 2013 at 10:53AM   
Maguire
I love the way your room turned out. So glad you decided to move the bed and hope the trek isn't too long. Thanks for sharing the results with us. : )
October 19, 2013 at 3:26PM      Thanked by ruechardon
If there is another wall, so bed doesn't block windows. Use it.
October 19, 2013 at 3:51PM   
Maguire
Travis, she's done. See 3 pictures posted September 16.
October 19, 2013 at 4:05PM   
mveasey
Looks awesome!
October 19, 2013 at 4:11PM      Thanked by ruechardon
LB Interiors
A beautiful transformation! I like the bed wall and the light night stands. The room feels airy and less heavy. Love the chair by the windows. Great job! Maybe adding a candlestick lamp to the chair table. Please post again when you get the right thing for the wall between the windows. A very nice room!
October 19, 2013 at 4:21PM      Thanked by ruechardon
LB Interiors
Pale blue-gray for the wall would be a nice contrast and work well with the bolster and your blue acessories.
October 19, 2013 at 4:23PM     
cindyguent
@ms colors-my bed appears identical to the pic you posted. Never thought of doing that! Another idea is planted in my brain...
November 15, 2013 at 2:25AM   
Joe DeVitto
i have the same set up with the 2 windows this is how i did mine....
November 15, 2013 at 2:35AM   
Curtains for bedroom
I wanna choose curtains for my bedroom but I don't...
What to do with this outdoor space?
I love our small screened in porch--but hate how it...
What kitchen style goes with octagon & red dot floor tiles?
We're buying this contemporary house built in the 80s...
Help! Living room dilemma
our new home is open plan, the furniture came with...