lcartaginese
November 20, 2011 in Photo Questions
My laundry room is 6' x 9' with an entrance from the garage so it does double duty as a smallish mudroom - not so much coats as shoes. There is a window in the centre of one wall and on the other wall is the entrance into the hallway. Right now I only have a washing machine, dryer broke so we removed it and loved the extra space but no dryer? There is a laundry sink and two sets of cupboards up above the washer and the spot for the dryer. That's it. I like the photo of a laundry room with the stacked w/d, laundry sink with storage under and the bench with storage under. So finally to my question, ideally what size should the room be to incorporate a design similar to this one? Do you have any other suggestions for me?
Hi there, do you have a photo of your space that you can share? Might help to see the actual room you are working with.
February 6, 2012 at 2:14pm   
TanCalGal
Work with the space you have. Buy a new dryer. The larger a room is, the more you'll have to clean.
February 10, 2012 at 11:26am   
kit4kent
If the drawing above inspires you--and your washer sink wall is 9ft long--then stack W/D, you can place a raised WC over the sink. The sink & W/D should total about 5' then add a narrow bench for one sitter at a time; next to that have a tall cabinet with cubbies high enough to store boots,etc. kit4kent
September 13, 2012 at 10:33am   
kit4kent made a great point. This looks like a good solution for your mud room with a smaller bench that fit with your space.
September 13, 2012 at 11:26am   
Backsplash to go with leathered granite!
Hi all! I'm having such a hard time to find a good...
POLL: Carpet or Hardwood?
Do you prefer carpet or hardwood as your go-to flooring...
Front door color
I had a new door installed and painted but now I don't...
HOW to UPDATE and give COTTAGE FEEL?
We are considering purchasing this home. It is in a...
Have you ever sold a home as a "For Sale By Owner" transaction?
I've never been brave enough to go it alone when selling...