lcartaginese
November 20, 2011 in Photo Questions
My laundry room is 6' x 9' with an entrance from the garage so it does double duty as a smallish mudroom - not so much coats as shoes. There is a window in the centre of one wall and on the other wall is the entrance into the hallway. Right now I only have a washing machine, dryer broke so we removed it and loved the extra space but no dryer? There is a laundry sink and two sets of cupboards up above the washer and the spot for the dryer. That's it. I like the photo of a laundry room with the stacked w/d, laundry sink with storage under and the bench with storage under. So finally to my question, ideally what size should the room be to incorporate a design similar to this one? Do you have any other suggestions for me?
Hi there, do you have a photo of your space that you can share? Might help to see the actual room you are working with.
February 6, 2012 at 2:14PM   
TanCalGal
Work with the space you have. Buy a new dryer. The larger a room is, the more you'll have to clean.
February 10, 2012 at 11:26AM   
kit4kent
If the drawing above inspires you--and your washer sink wall is 9ft long--then stack W/D, you can place a raised WC over the sink. The sink & W/D should total about 5' then add a narrow bench for one sitter at a time; next to that have a tall cabinet with cubbies high enough to store boots,etc. kit4kent
September 13, 2012 at 10:33AM   
kit4kent made a great point. This looks like a good solution for your mud room with a smaller bench that fit with your space.
September 13, 2012 at 11:26AM   
Help with a bedroom
I recently remodeled my bedroom and would love to hear...
Nude pix in master bathroom needs to go. LoL (my mom was the artist)
Master bathroom is from the 60's. Time to remodel....
I need help picking a tile backsplash for kitchen
We picked American Woodmark cabinets (Savannah in a...
Stairwell is sterile. How should I add some pizzazz?
Our staircase is open to the second floor. It is painted...