lcartaginese
November 20, 2011 in Photo Questions
My laundry room is 6' x 9' with an entrance from the garage so it does double duty as a smallish mudroom - not so much coats as shoes. There is a window in the centre of one wall and on the other wall is the entrance into the hallway. Right now I only have a washing machine, dryer broke so we removed it and loved the extra space but no dryer? There is a laundry sink and two sets of cupboards up above the washer and the spot for the dryer. That's it. I like the photo of a laundry room with the stacked w/d, laundry sink with storage under and the bench with storage under. So finally to my question, ideally what size should the room be to incorporate a design similar to this one? Do you have any other suggestions for me?
Hi there, do you have a photo of your space that you can share? Might help to see the actual room you are working with.
February 6, 2012 at 2:14PM   
TanCalGal
Work with the space you have. Buy a new dryer. The larger a room is, the more you'll have to clean.
February 10, 2012 at 11:26AM   
kit4kent
If the drawing above inspires you--and your washer sink wall is 9ft long--then stack W/D, you can place a raised WC over the sink. The sink & W/D should total about 5' then add a narrow bench for one sitter at a time; next to that have a tall cabinet with cubbies high enough to store boots,etc. kit4kent
September 13, 2012 at 10:33AM   
kit4kent made a great point. This looks like a good solution for your mud room with a smaller bench that fit with your space.
September 13, 2012 at 11:26AM   
Warm or Cool Color Palette?
Nearly 1/3 of people prefer a warm neutral palette...
Front Door Trim Color Help
Just got a new porch built and am trying to spruce...
Awkward, ugly, old cabinets
Please help! I am 21, and I'm renting a house that...
Using an architect vs. an architect technician
I've heard that an architect technician can do the...
do this pendant and this light fixture go together?
Thinking of doing 2 pendants over kitchen island and...