susanvo
November 21, 2011 in Photo Questions
Hello - can you tell us your experience with the concrete counter top? is it porous or hard to clean? have you spilt any wine or acidic substances on it yet? I LOVE the color and feel but have read some bad reviews on concrete. Your feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!
neverez
I have a concrete countertop in my kitchen and I absolutely love it! I had mine made by Stone Passion Northeast. I am planning on putting a concrete countertop on my gameroom bar along with the powder room vanity and fireplace hearth. The designs and colors are endless. It is very durable. They use a sealer that I was told will outlast me being in the house.
0 Likes   January 7, 2012 at 2:02PM
susanvo
OK, thank you so much. One more question if you don't mind: how was the cost compared to granite? Comparable? Thanks again, LOVE the look and am so happy to hear your feedback...
1 Like   January 8, 2012 at 8:31AM
neverez
The cost is slighly lower. I chose an orange peel sealer that does not show finger or hand prints like granite does. Even though they are both porous, once the concrete is sealed, you won't have to worry about maintanence sealing. I attached a photo of my counter top with matching back splashes along with an integral sink that I love, love, love.
1 Like   January 8, 2012 at 10:40AM
susanvo
Thank you so much for the info. We leave by Cleveland, so I just emailed them to see if they do work in Ohio. Beautiful pictures, thanks for posting them.
0 Likes   January 8, 2012 at 11:21AM
susanvo
One more question please neverez - how long have you had your cement counter tops installed?
0 Likes   January 11, 2012 at 7:31AM
neverez
It will be 2 years now and they look the same as the day they were installed.
0 Likes   January 11, 2012 at 8:27AM
Need help with matching a couch and what colours would go???
Hi there I really need help on matching my furniture...
Dramatic Dining Debacle
We justices on Saturday. (Please disregard the mess...
Backsplash Help!
Hello there, Our kitchen remodeling has finally...
Colours that works with the floor
I just bought a house and the kitchen is stumping me....
help me with the curtains and the rug
this is my family room it has 5 windows i would like...