How far would you continue backsplash?
Sabrina Blom
We are thinking about putting up a white herringbone backsplash and white granite countertops. Considering doing a framed inset of magnetic chalkboard paint on the large wall. How far would you reco running the backsplash? All the way up the walls and behind sink wall or just half way and frame out the chalkboard? And if we do full wall, do we need a larger herringbone pattern? Thank you so much for your thoughts!
purehome
Hi Sabrina!

You have some awesome ideas! I would keep the scale of the herringbone as planned. Perhaps a full wall would a balance the chalkboard inset and also brighten the space. I LOVE your breakfast nook, the open floor plan and the natural light!. Hope this helps!

Warm regards,

Michelle C., IIDA
Purehome.com
0 Likes   September 13, 2013 at 12:28PM
I'd just do a half wall. I'm afraid a full wall of tile will make it look institutional.
0 Likes   September 13, 2013 at 12:53PM
leelee
You don't have a good stoping point from right to left or up. Anything you try to do isn't going to look good. My advice is don't put in a backsplash. A BS can look fantastic or like an afterthought. Yours will be the latter. Sorry, I know they're very popular now.

Do the chalkboard on the large wall and hang it just 5 inches above the back of your seat.
0 Likes   September 13, 2013 at 1:19PM
Square Footage Custom Kitchens & Bath Inc.
If you are really set on a backsplash best just to put it up the wall behind the range between the two windows.
0 Likes   September 13, 2013 at 1:37PM
All About Looks
I'm a big fan of full wall backsplash!! I wouldn't make the pattern bigger though.
0 Likes   September 13, 2013 at 1:40PM
Family Room
I need guidance on wall art, area rug, and throw pillows....
jschlemm
Can I pull off a more vintage look or is my house too contemporary?
I'd like to go for a more vintage look. I was thinking...
buthole888
rredpenn
Living room arrangement
I have a living/family room with a window or door on...
84stitches
Please help me pair this throw pillow!
I am looking for a pair of pillows to go with this...
loveasunnybeachday