sophiasarris
We're are just starting to decorate our walls and are trying to keep things personal. Any suggestions for what type of picture will look good beside this one (if any) in an identical frame? (this is a shot of our wedding reception venue) we want to put them over the couch in our living room (grey/brown...i can post a pic if needed) (sorry about the flash and ignore the brown line...the picture hasnt been set properly yet :))
bepsf
Another architectural photograph might make sense...
November 22, 2011 at 7:20AM   
Annie Thornton
Would you want to include a shot from inside your reception? It could be a nice complement to the architectural photo and really distinguish these photos as your own.
November 22, 2011 at 12:35PM   
mmonika
If you want personal, then it should be a collection about you... I don't necessarily believe all photos have to match but , when hung together, should have 1 common element ( not necessarily the content). You have a matching frame already, so contradict this with a full colored photo from your wedding! Mixing is even better when done in multiples, and more personal too, so hang up a few pictures together with this going on some common element.
For example, ff black and white as your common element, do black white photos of anything, buildings, people, landscapes, do some sketches, do black/white paintings..etc. The wall is your canvas.
November 22, 2011 at 10:53PM   
sophiasarris
Wow thank you for all the help already! Very much appreciated:)
November 23, 2011 at 3:54AM   
Stephen Morrison
I can't tell how big your framed photo is but here's a suggestion - place the framed one (properly mounted - of course) to the left above the sofa. Not high, the bottom of the frame should be about eyeliner if you were seated and facing the picture. Then staying inside imaginary parallel lined drawing rightwards from the tom and bottom of the frame - place a number of smaller low color or b/w images of say the reception, honeymoon, first time back home, etc... i.e. you are tapering down in size and density of images at the same time you are telling a story from the wedding onwards.. The frame sizes and finish should be roughly b/w not not all matching. They can diminish in size and density - tapering off towards the other end of the sofa. Just an idea.
November 23, 2011 at 4:37PM   
Christine
If you took the photo then grab your camera and go out and try to find other interesting buildings, bridges, shopfront, planters, arches, windows, edifice decorations and snap away. Take them from weird angles and take multiples. Or you can just add (as a previous poster suggested) other personal pictures of you or your family.
January 17, 2012 at 6:54AM   
Help! What color should I paint my front door?
I am trying to add some appeal to my 1960s colonial....
Help! Bookcase, book shelf or cabinet?!
Hi! I need help with my living room wall... I am debating...
Help! Paint or Stain Kitchen Cupboards
Not sure what to do for long term durability and looks. Should...
Wood (effect?) options for a home with toddlers and dogs.....
This may already have been covered so I do apologise....
How many walls should I paint?
I've started painting a guest room in a quilted fashion...