White floors AND cabinets??
odessan
I have been researching quite a bit for our home reno. I LOVE this stuff. I think I know the answer, but am wondering if I should buck the system or if there are trends for a reason...it looks better that way. So, I have a ranch style brick home built in the early 80's on a lake. Very down home Florida. Originally, we were sure we wanted white marble or travertine flooring, but now white cabinets are kind of winning out. I also tend toward white granite with black/gray specks for countertops and possibly the backsplash. We want to make it current, but still keep the character of a lake home, which I don't think lends itself toward completely sleek and modern. Anyway, can I do ALL white? Too bland? Everything I am seeing is wood floors with white cabinets. Wood does provide a nice texture and touch of warmth against the stone. I really wanted those floors, but there must be a reason I can't find a good example of the white on white on white...attached are pictures of the prospective counter, cabinets and flooring, and exterior of the home.
carolins
The travertine floor is more beige, the granite has a lot of grey in it, so it's not really white on white on white. Found you a couple of examples that may give you an idea of what it will look like. Hope it helps you decide:
Inverness Circle
Mediterranean Manhattan Beach Home
September 8, 2013 at 11:13am        Thanked by odessan
September 8, 2013 at 11:15am        Thanked by odessan
odessan
Thank you carolins! The pics really help. :))
September 8, 2013 at 11:26am   
carolins
You're welcome. And...? Are you going for it?
September 8, 2013 at 11:28am      Thanked by odessan
rinqreation
I like all white kitchens! Some accents might bring some contrast, but all shades of white done right looks very serene and soothing. How is the rest of your house?
John Mcdonald Co
Margarido House Kitchen Counters, Backsplash, and Floor
French Renovation
Photograper - Aviad Bar Ness, Architect - karen goor
September 8, 2013 at 11:43am        Thanked by odessan
Savic Design + Developments
First question I would ask is, is this a flip house or your "happily ever after" home. If it's the later, who cares about trends. What's contemporary now, will not be in 2, 5 or 10 years. Design what YOU like. Last thing you want to do is date your home with current trends.
There is nothing wrong with white-on-white-on-white but you will need some contrast...pops of colour. That can done with accent furnishings, art, even small kitchen appliances.
I recently did a small kitchen with white cabinets, white countertop, clear glass backsplash, light grey walls and dark chocolate wood floors. The dark floors grounds the space and the white makes the space bigger.

Good luck.
September 8, 2013 at 12:01pm        Thanked by odessan
Curtain Help
Hopefully this makes sense because I don't have a picture...
This or That: Nonstick VS Stainless Steel
Which do you prefer? Vote for your choice below...
Door to Door Sales / Soliciting?
Do you get solicitors at your door in your neighborhood?...
Kitchen area - paint color?
We are buying a home with this beautiful addition built...
What decorative items do you hate the most?
It does not have to be overused or trend that should...