Lighting over eating table in open floor concept room
jsyperek
We are in the process of knocking down walls for an open concept kitchen w/island, living area w/ fireplace and a dining table in a 24x24 ft. space. Presently we have can lighting only. We also have a fan (w/o light), in the middle of the room. Does the eating table necessarily need a hanging fixture over it? Ideas?
Fred S
No.
September 8, 2013 at 9:11PM      Thanked by jsyperek
FINNE Architects
It is difficult to help without a photo of the space.
September 8, 2013 at 10:31PM      Thanked by jsyperek
rubyloves2shop
You do not state where the eating table is or where your fan or other lighting is in relationship to it. Do you have or would you consider a soffit over the island with drop lighting? My neighbors are doing a design like this and it is visually appealing and functional at the same time. Then over the table if it is not a formal table setting how about a decorative fan with light there?
September 8, 2013 at 11:11PM      Thanked by jsyperek
Lights Online
Not necessarily, but many people do put a hanging fixture over their eating tables to help increase the amount of light in the space. It's easy to figure out how big a light fixture in that area should be, too! http://www.lightsonline.com/how-to-choose-the-right-sized-fixture/
Commonly-used fixtures above tables include drum pendants, chandeliers of any style and ceiling pendants.
September 9, 2013 at 5:42AM      Thanked by jsyperek
Galilee Lighting
the ceiling fan usually don't provide too much light, so it really depends on how many can lighting do you have and do they give enough light for the size of the space.
a chandelier over the dining table usually adds a lot to the look of the space and provides direct light to the table. we carry some styles in our collection, that are not to heavy and can be designed in any size to fit the needs of your space. www.Galileelighting.com
September 9, 2013 at 9:14AM      Thanked by jsyperek
Plaster or Drywall
A fire damaged the second floor of my 1903 home. All...
Home needs some life
My wife and i are in the process of purchasing a home...
Drawer help!
I just built this stuva bench from ikea - I tested...
drapes
How bad would drapes be that stopped right above a...
need help with color for living room
my couches are dark brown furniture is also dark ...