Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
I absolutely love this slate and can't find anything like it, even in porcelain. Would you pls share the name, manufacturer, or anything that might help me find something similar in the Washington, DC are? Thank you so much for a lovely kitchen example.
Case Design/Remodeling, Inc. · More Info

Comments (12)

• PRO
    Brad Creer
    12 years ago
    Mosaic Tile Co has slate like this called Indian or Golden slate.
  • poorgirl
    12 years ago
    A word of caution make sure that you check 4 or 5 boxes of the tile before you purchase. These days there is alot of black in slate and not as much colour , the more you check the less surprises you will get when you order your floor. If you can purchase 5 boxes and be able to bring them back if your not happy then do it, lay them out so you can see what the variation is going to be. My friend didn't do this , purchased Indian slate and ended up with 3/4 of the floor being black, you want colour not black.
  • CEFreeman_GW DC/MD Burbs 7b/8a
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    I've actually seen that slate in several different places (Including Mosaic Tile, DirectBuy and some local vendors!)
    poorgirl, you're exactly right about the black. That's I am looking for the golden to pumpkin colors with black and brown as accents, merely for contrast.
    Excellent advice. I'm wondering if that's what this decorator did!?
  • poorgirl
    12 years ago
    I haven't seen that much colour in slate in years, I have dealt with the quarriers of slate and not seen so much colour, if you can find it grab it, it's what slate used to look like, so beautiful.
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    In the opening snapshots of Bathtastic, they show a shower that has these colors in it. The colors mesmerize me!
  • PRO
    The Style Council Inc
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Casa Dolce Casa "Flagstone" in black It's not a slate it's a pocelain tile, great selection of sizes down to 3" x 3" mosaic and also some hand painted pieces. Used this tile in my kitchen looks awsome!
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    Thank you. :) I'll check it out.
    My mother fell victim to the too-black-ness of the slate, and I'm trying to avoid it. Obviously by this conversation. I'm not adverse to porcelain!
  • PRO
    Case Architects & Remodelers
    10 years ago
    We apologize for the delay. Please let us know if you are still interested in this information.

Thank you!
    Case Design/Remodeling Inc.
    http://www.casedesign.com/
  • PRO
    April Case Underwood
    10 years ago
    I am the desginer on this project. It's 15" x 15" porcelain tile, called "Flagstone Black". This was purchased (Fall of 2009) from Architectural Ceramics in the Washington, DC area.
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I appreciate it. I'm in Upper Marlboro. I've checked out the recommendations here, but so far nothing clicks. It could be the monitor! :) I'll look them up and check Prosource. I still love this tile! Thanks for getting back to me.
  • PRO
    Case Architects & Remodelers
    10 years ago
    Thanks April!