need layout advice
rkidwilerSeptember 9, 2013
I am trying to figure out furniture layout for the main level of my split level house. We are re-doing our kitchen and have put a half wall between the former dining room and kitchen. We never use the dining room and the table becomes a junk magnet. So we were thinking of not using it anymore but now we're not sure. We are totally option to options but trying to determine how best to lay things out.
The back room off of the kitchen is an addition where we usually eat all our meals and we plan to put a TV on the back wall (though that can be changed).

I'd love to hear opinions on these three ideas and if you have other thoughts. Of course any combination would work (or completely different ideas). To orient you - From the front entrance (bottom left of each picture), the kitchen is straight ahead. The space is small so options are somewhat limited. Ignore the colors, etc. but in the second picture we thought the table that is there in white could be a counter height/bar table and we would keep the dining room table in that case. Some of the layouts aren't 100% complete but hopefully give enough to give you an idea of what we are thinking of.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/suggestions/opinions!
Julie Smart Koob, REALTOR
I actually like the first one. The only thing I would suggest is maybe turn the sofa so the back (of the sofa) faces the rear wall. That would open up that space more to the table area for conversation in the event you are entertaining.
    Bookmark   September 10, 2013 at 3:27AM
rkidwiler
thank you for your response. Do you mean like this? Also, do you have any thoughts on potentially putting a banquette under the window in the back room instead of the other furniture? (Ignore the duplicate picture - 3D is below. I'm not the greatest with this design software so ignore that too!)
    Bookmark   September 10, 2013 at 7:31AM
rkidwiler
sorry meant to post a 3D pic too!
    Bookmark   September 10, 2013 at 7:32AM
Agreed with the option on the left, but the middle section still feels like a left-over space.
    Bookmark   September 10, 2013 at 9:29AM
rkidwiler
Thanks - do you the option on the left from the first post, or with the loveseat against the back wall as suggested by Julie? Also - if you have any thoughts on how to make the middle section feel less 'left-over' I would love to hear them!
    Bookmark   September 10, 2013 at 9:36AM
Bathroom layout - Advice needed
I am converting an existing room into an extra bathroom....
ammnb
Need Layout Advice - Gut Reno Kitchen
Hi - I recently purchased my first apartment in...
pbar673874
Need advice on lighting layout for my living/dining room
My living room currently does not have any lighting...
allenschan
Need layout advice on my living room
I moved into my house 2 months ago and cannot figure...
Elisa Edkins_Proctor
Help please! Need layout advice for WIC and office floorplan
I need help figuring out how to get a walk in closet...
Dana Beausang
Need help with our courtyard
We have a wonderful 20m x 6m courtyard. I'm happy with...
imray
Long Entry/Living Room/Dining Help
Hi! We recently purchased our first home and are having...
aimeestauffer
Will a 30 inch wall oven fit in a 30 inch wide cabinet?
I would like to purchase the new 30 inch professional...
gharris8
Ideas for this building
We just bought 18 acres and tucked in to all the oak...
jenakm33
Need colour inspiration for updated living room
Last summer we put new laminate in, painted our walls,...
Brandy