Closet rod spacing
rclemans
My newly renovated closet has a finished floor which is elevated with molding etc that brings the finished floor 6 inches off the ground. The contractor hung the highest rod at 80" above the molding (making it 86" from the floor). This is too tall for me!! Any suggestions about how to handle single and double rod spacing when you aren't measuring from the ground?
CLOSET ENVY INC.
The height of the rod should be based on your height. That being said there are standard heights you probably want to keep. Those being 42" for short hanging x 2 ( x2 for double hanging) puts your top bar at approx 84" from the ground. The magic height of 42" is based on the longest item usually found in a closet - A man's suit jacket.

You obviously need to tailor the height of the rod to work for you, and your clothes You dont say how tall you are? And as for the height of the baseboard, its not really a concern.... It should interfere with anything. Not sure what your contractor has built for you, closet wise, but there are pull down closet rods you could get to make reaching the top bar easier.
September 9, 2013 at 8:29pm   
Granite seam MAKING ME ANGRY :( can it be improved?
Just had granite installed today and the seam is pretty...
Decorating around saltillo tile
Hi Houzzies! I have a design dilemma (one of many to...
Niches in foyer.
Recently moved in and can't figure out what to do with...
Which benchtop should i pick ? Please help
Which is better stone or timber bench tops , I'm completely...