Help the decision part of my brain hurts, which rug?
Luv Romantic
September 10, 2013 in Polls
Posted this design dilemma and received a lot of pros and cons for both rugs and I saw both sides now I am putting it to a vote and the most votes will be my decision.

Thanks for your vote. :-)
Blue Trellis
Blue Funky
Lori
both are too small
September 10, 2013 at 12:50pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Coastal Home Design Studio
Nine votes each.................hmmmmmmm
September 10, 2013 at 12:53pm   
Luv Romantic
@Lori, Thanks but the size is fine for me. Just not sure which one. :)
September 10, 2013 at 1:21pm     
janeinfo
I actually like your funky rug with your eclectic, mid-century theme you have going on, but I will say I wouldn't spend tons of money because it will probably be something that is trendy. Trust me, I had an attic full before the last move!!!! HA
September 10, 2013 at 2:26pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Oh no! It's tied. For me it's a no brainer! The funky one for you. :)
September 10, 2013 at 2:34pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Barnhart Gallery
Ditto, again!
September 10, 2013 at 2:39pm      Thanked by Luv Romantic
Luv Romantic
@Janeinfo, all furniture in my apartment is thrifted or from CL. from the $75.00 dollar couch to the chairs that were from $10.00 to $45.00. I am not one to keep up with the trends, I just go with what I like. If it's in ok, but if not oh well. :-)
September 10, 2013 at 2:41pm     
Luv Romantic
Seriously a tie, I can't win! :-0
September 10, 2013 at 2:45pm   
janeinfo
Then, I like the funky one! If budget is not a concern, go for it!
September 10, 2013 at 2:53pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Luv Romantic
Hopefully by the morning there will be a clear leader. I have to step away for now. But thanks to everyone for voting! :)
September 10, 2013 at 2:59pm   
kolarikellis
I like the funky one for your room.
September 10, 2013 at 3:03pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Gina Perillo
Both are nice but blue funky seems to fit your personality/decor more - LOVE your style. Hopefully the votes will help and not be so close later haha
September 10, 2013 at 3:04pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
leelee
I voted blue trellis but agree that both are too small. Also, the picture grouping over the sofa needs some rearranging. The large pic looks off kilter and weights the wall to one side. Needs balancing.
September 10, 2013 at 3:10pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Suzanna Sebesteny
I've waxed and waned and waxed again. Looked at each then looked again. hard choice, but to me, the trellis one make the room look cleaner. You're having a lot of fun with this, aren't you?
September 10, 2013 at 3:24pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
I think the art and the pillows are exactly the right amount of pattern. Sometimes you can funk the room up so much it becomes dizzying. Blue trellis.
September 10, 2013 at 3:58pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
gparkerson
What kind of atmosphere are looking for? The trellis looks classic and the funky rug a younger feel. Love hem both!
September 10, 2013 at 4:38pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Antonia O'Connor Donnelly
Rug number one, and I like the way it echoes the pillow on the chair. Nice pop of color!
September 10, 2013 at 5:21pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Laura Grody
The rugs are both cool,but need to be one size larger to have a better proportion. .
September 10, 2013 at 5:22pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Driver Howard
I like the trellis rug a lot better but the funky rug looks a lot better in that room.
September 10, 2013 at 5:25pm      Thanked by Luv Romantic
Naylor Painting
The Funky!
September 10, 2013 at 5:25pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
ohsuzannah
I can't imagine why anyone would think the blue trellis looks good. The funky one ties all of the colors together and gives the floor just the kind of punch it needs to compete with the things hanging on the wall.
September 10, 2013 at 5:26pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
sharleeg
The funky incorporates more of the chair colors to tie them in. Otherwise. Its like, where did they come from??,
Terrie Schelin
Way too much "confusion" going on with the funky rug. Makes go googlie-eyed looking at too many patterns in one room.
punini
I am a huge fan of Moroccan designs, now having said that, I have to go for the blue and red circles, they just make me smile. Furthermore, they pick up the colors in your chairs, table lamp, and throw pillow. Let us know what you decide :)
September 10, 2013 at 5:27pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Deb Shellenbarger
Funky one..minus fur rug.. Cover green chair the reddish color to match rug..
September 10, 2013 at 5:28pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
punini
Just wanted to say, when I looked at these first, the two image names were switched. I wonder if your votes are correct now...
September 10, 2013 at 5:29pm      Thanked by Luv Romantic
amyconnors
Funky matches the vibe of the room and makes the furniture look cool. The trellis just makes it look like thrift store stuff.
September 10, 2013 at 5:29pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
virtualart
funky one, adds some more color
September 10, 2013 at 5:30pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Cheryl @ Artzzle.com
I agreed with Suzanna ... at first, because the trellis does "settle" the room, does look cleaner. BUT then I paid more attention to the rest of your room and I realized that while the trellis is more like ME, I think the funky flowers seem more like you. :)
September 10, 2013 at 5:32pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
nybird
When I look at "funky" I really see all the other pops of yellow color items...the trellis is blah in comparison
September 10, 2013 at 5:39pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
mbmckenna13
don't really like either but blue and white one over the funky one
September 10, 2013 at 5:41pm      Thanked by Luv Romantic
nickhhi
The funky adds more colour and makes the room look more warm and cozy
September 10, 2013 at 5:43pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Amy Albright
The Funky one in a bigger size....both are to small
September 10, 2013 at 5:46pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Marlene Lambourne
Funky but needs to be larger..
September 10, 2013 at 5:49pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
tiffanymathews
The funky one suits your individual style and brightens up the room.
kathy
funky
September 10, 2013 at 5:53pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
achillesj
No brainier. The blue funky pulls it all together. The blue trellis does not and makes it look piecemeal.
September 10, 2013 at 5:54pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
debtitus
I agree with Antonio that the funky one matches your throw pillow and would love to see some throw pillows like the one on the chair on the sofa, or some in that red, the ones that are on the sofa dont pull your eye that way and it makes your chair the focal point at least from what I can see of the room !!
September 10, 2013 at 5:54pm      Thanked by Luv Romantic
jeanlarson
I LOVE the funky flowers rug!! It ties everything together nicely. And the ottoman is great too!
September 10, 2013 at 5:59pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
mzlove
funky flowers for sure.
September 10, 2013 at 6:04pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
imzadi
the funky rug is great but it should be a little larger and the fur or fake fur rug should not be used in this room.
September 10, 2013 at 6:07pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Tammy Stines
I like both rugs but I think the Funky one makes the already busy room too busy. I choose Blue Trellis.
September 10, 2013 at 6:09pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
wesell02
Why not keep them both and change them up every now and then. If not, I think the funky one fits your style.
September 10, 2013 at 6:10pm      Thanked by Luv Romantic
Jean Stephane Beauchamp Design
I agree, both are too small. Blue trellis
September 10, 2013 at 6:16pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
kipsparrowk
I'm with the too small crew, but they work for you, it certainly isn't tragic and it YOUR fantastic room. God please pic the blue trellis. It makes a great friend to your great sofa!
September 10, 2013 at 6:31pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Darlene Rantala
absolutely the second pic. first is very busy your eye does not know where to go.other keeps your eye in the room...gorgeous room by the way :)
September 10, 2013 at 6:34pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Darlene Rantala
and that would be the blue one :)
September 10, 2013 at 6:36pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
kriskmh
Love the look with the Blue Trellis
September 10, 2013 at 7:06pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
1752
Use the funky one in fall & winter to bring out the darker colors & use the blue one in the spring & summer to add white & lighter colors.
September 10, 2013 at 7:13pm      Thanked by Luv Romantic
zanynurse
I chose the funky one because it seems to make the pillow and art pop a bit more
September 10, 2013 at 7:17pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
zanynurse
I noticed that the photo of the trellis rug had a yellow patterned stool place on it , for more color? or ?
September 10, 2013 at 7:18pm   
swgarrett
I like the funky one because it has more of the colors that are in the room....the gold from the chairs and the blue from the blue chair. Actually I'm having this same problem....I'm making some black damask panels for my living room and I'm thinking I want to buy a green sofa and a couple cream-colored chairs....now what color should the rug be? I've found a really nice black one with flowers in it.....which pulls out the green of the sofa and the black of the panels...any ideas?
September 10, 2013 at 7:29pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
bobbiem
Love the funky rug...getting ready to order one very similar!!
September 10, 2013 at 7:31pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
DishonDesignGal
I love the funky one with the fur rug too! It has so much personality... the other one seems like you're playing it safe. Go with what you love!
September 10, 2013 at 7:43pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
jlanier1020
I love the funky rug too! It just feels right in that room.
September 10, 2013 at 7:51pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
hierons1
I prefer the funky rug, but I think the blue one looks better in that room.
Red Razberry Design Group
Go blue trellis! Needs to be 8X10 - otherwise it looks like a door mat under the coffee table. The front legs of all chairs and the sofa should sit on the rug ;)
September 10, 2013 at 7:57pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
tgaadt
You know, I could tell better if the white fuzzy rug was moved away. It's making the choice...well, a bit fuzzy. But, I'd say to move the white rug at least back off the funky rug if you really want to have it there, and go with the funky rug. It has great color. However, I would definitely take the multi pillows off the couch and replace with a darker solid red to anchor. I think that step would take away some confusion about which rug as well. The blue rug is pretty, though, and does tie in the white couch a bit more. I think unless you are set on the large picture over the sofa, I would look for something else there that would tie the colors all together and absorb/break up some of the white on that wall (i.e. sofa, lamp shades, white object in art piece, wall paint). Good luck! Nice, interesting pieces to work with!
September 10, 2013 at 8:20pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Christine Beard
I was wondering if you will share the maker of the FUNKY rug!??
September 10, 2013 at 8:21pm      Thanked by Luv Romantic
mrey999
No question - the trellis rug gives the room that classic look. Goes better with the style of the room.
September 10, 2013 at 8:32pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
bumblebee728
Blue Funky for sure! A little different, like the rest of your room, in a good way. The trellis rugs (as pretty as they are) are seen a lot these days.
September 10, 2013 at 8:33pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Cindy Friedlander
Funky rug absolutely! The room is eclectic and fun, this adds to the vibe and bounces off the pillow on the blue chair. The trellis is too conservative for your room and pulls everything down to dull. Don't worry about the votes. Most people are conservative. You are not, so make the room happy...funky wins.
September 10, 2013 at 8:37pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Wendy Maxwell
I agree ... Keep the blue & leave the fur out. The coloured rug is tooo busy ... Too many colours in a small room. If you wanted to add any extra colour, I'd just I'd change the dark couch cushions to some that are closer to the couch colour, with a coloured piping (pref blue to match the chair & rug, or even the same green in the opposite seat) .. Is the blue rug all white & blue, or is it green & blue? I agree that the cushion on the blue chair is too large ...Actually, if the cushion on the blue chair was a smaller oblong shape. This would then be the perfect size & shape if placed in the middle of the grey/silver couch .. & then just use cushions similar to the couch colour at either either end ... maybe even 2 triangular shaped cushions would give it a better balance. It's a shame that those two mustard chairs just don't seem to suit the rest of the room. Would there be any chance of them being painted white ...?? There are three different colours of wood in that room along with a black picture frame, as well as a gold & black ... I also wonder if the ottoman wouldn't be better a little closer to the mustard chairs ... Just a thought. or if the blue chair was moved to where the mustard ones are ... & the mustard were moved to where the blue is. It's just difficult to guess when the whole room isn't visible (FB pics).. so I can't see if the green is one or two chairs or if it's a couch .. I also wondered if the lambskin rug was there for comfort, as opposed to decor ...If so, comfort & livability need to be taken into consideration.... maybe just move it around the room with the chair that needs it. Goodness, I've just noticed the white standard lamp ...What is in the corner on top of the white table? That seems to be a tad overpowering too ... The standard lamp could be nicer in that corner ... with the white table beside the couch ... It would also give a coffee table to both the end of the couch & the chair beside it ... whichever one it turns out to be. The three pictures also don't seem to match each other, or the rest of the room, where they have been hung. (This was another suggestion while looking at the smaller pics on FB) Perhaps one would be better on the wall behind the mustard lamp, wherever it ends up .. & the large picture remains above the couch ... kept low as it is ... & the narrow white one could be in the corner, on the side wall (not the wall where the couch is placed) ... where that object is that's sitting on the white table. I'd LOVE to see the whole room after you have decided what to do with it ... I'd actually love to have alook at that room & try moving some furniture around!! LOL
September 10, 2013 at 8:46pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Christine Beard
I am wondering if someone would share where the funky rug was purchased?
Supreme Floor Company
Blue one
September 10, 2013 at 8:49pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Paul Wilson
I like your gold chairs.
September 10, 2013 at 8:51pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Paul Wilson
I clicked on funky thinking it was the blue and white one.
September 10, 2013 at 8:52pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
nymgm
Small houses
September 10, 2013 at 8:52pm      Thanked by Luv Romantic
tgaadt
Added to my earlier comment- Maybe something like one of these window mirrors painted in either red or green (like the green chair) to hang over the sofa instead of the large picture with white in it. http://www.etsy.com/listing/150689688/authentic-antique-window-mirror?ref=sr_gallery_6&ga_search_query=red+window+pane+mirror&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all (Found it on Etsy if the link doesn't work.) It would really balance out the color in the room, yet not be too busy, as another wall hanging might be.
September 10, 2013 at 8:54pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Wendy Maxwell
after that looong comment of mine, I can now see them both clearly! I only had the Fb pictures to go by when I wrote my comment. Take it as is now as I'm too tired to change it... & good luck with the choice. :)
September 10, 2013 at 8:56pm      Thanked by Luv Romantic
Toni Singman & Associates
Both are bad.....very bad......sorry
September 10, 2013 at 9:07pm      Thanked by Luv Romantic
Beth Bass
Where did you get the blue one...I love it!
September 10, 2013 at 9:20pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
onedesignergirl
I like the funky red and blue one ~ more color and pizzaz!!
September 10, 2013 at 9:28pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
September 10, 2013 at 10:27pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
roadrunner
The funky one picks up the art on the walls and seems to pull your room together in an artsy sort of way. As much as I like the other, I'm tired of that look.
September 10, 2013 at 10:28pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
hmmm...tied again! Half of us are right. :)
September 10, 2013 at 10:36pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
aslans1
You will get tired of the funky one, unless you're not planning to use it very long. If time is part of the equation, go with the classic trellis. In five years you will still love it.
September 10, 2013 at 10:55pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
cluelessintheyard
Both complement the room but a choice depends on how you want to feel in the space. The trellis is elegant and formalizes the room. The patterned rug is grounding and energizing to the room. You can't go wrong!
September 10, 2013 at 11:03pm      Thanked by Luv Romantic
Nexon Building Materials Limited
Both accent the room nicely, but i am more of a formal person so I like the "Blue Trellis" :)
September 10, 2013 at 11:38pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
remediosa
Blue Funky is definitely better - goes along very well with the pillows!!
September 11, 2013 at 12:16am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Ioanna Lennox Interiors
570 votes for each..!! OMG, what's the likelihood?! I voted for the trellis because I love trellis but your personality and the room is better suited to the funky one. However, the rug is definitely too small, it appears like a little island in the ocean that's the living room. A rug nor only provides colour and texture on the floor, but it anchors and unifies a space - for that to happen, it needs to be connected to some of the furniture, not float by itself in the middle of the room.
September 11, 2013 at 2:31am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
LEFEVRE INTERIORS
I would love to see the rug a liitle bit larger. But my favorite is the Blue Trellis.
September 11, 2013 at 3:36am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Ventimiglia Building Company
The funky one because I do not like formal
September 11, 2013 at 4:01am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
indianpatti
funky :)
September 11, 2013 at 4:09am      Thanked by Luv Romantic
letusb4nine
If it is in your budget buy both and swap them out seasonaly.
September 11, 2013 at 4:40am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
ohsuzannah
The funky one makes the room work. I'm normally very traditional in my taste, but the blue trellis does nothing for the room. To those who tell you you'll get tired of the funky one, I ask: have any of you ever taken a chance such this? I have. I did it in my home office. I have a floral room-size rug (it's actually an indoor/outdoor rug that I bought online from Home Depot, works well in an office because of the low pile), and a couple of people thought it was too "busy" and that I needed to go with something simpler back when I was trying to make my decision. But I went with the floral because I thought the floor needed some oomph. Now, everyone LOVES it in my office. I haven't gotten tired of it, and I guess I never will. I haven't regretted the decision for one second.
September 11, 2013 at 4:41am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
judytork
The white rug needs to go.....
September 11, 2013 at 5:08am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
sluggodog
I don't have a problem with the size of the carpet because you are doing carpet on carpet..now if it was over wood, then that wouldn't look good. You can't go wrong with with either.. I really do like them both, but when I first looked, I gravitated towards the funky rug - i love the eclectic feel it gives the room.. the trellis rug calms the room down...
September 11, 2013 at 5:38am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Jessica Delaney Photography
My vote is blue trellis - feel like the circles competes too much with other things in room maybe?? good luck!
September 11, 2013 at 6:05am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
patticc
My vote is for the blue trellis. When i flip between the two pictures I like the "tone"/"mood" the blue rug gives the room. Lovely, inviting room.
September 11, 2013 at 6:15am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
onetoughchick
Trellis!
September 11, 2013 at 6:23am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Luv Romantic
The funky rug was purchased @ Marshall-Home Goods. Thanks for all you comments and votes. It looks like the Blue Trellis is pulling ahead my a nose...as for the size of the rugs I admit I do not adhere to all the rules of the deco game :-o and my budget is design on "less than a dime." :-) so I go with whatever is in the stores that fit my budget.:)

It's funny although the Blue Trellis is ahead it seems that most comment and likes are from the Funky crowd.

Everyone has given me lots to think about. No I am not going to do any rearranging or anything, I do gravitate toward homes that look way casual in the deco department and not at all formal. But I hear what you all are saying. :)

As for those who wondered why I had the sheepskin there. It was originally purchased for a thrifted couch that needed covering, now I have the current one. So it found its home in front of the blue chair because I did not like the blue on blue and I like how the white breaks it up.

Thanks all! Maybe more votes will come in today? ;-)
September 11, 2013 at 6:32am     
Luv Romantic
Oh and I use to be in the "Art needs to match the colors of the room" club. But then I started seeing more of my inspiration pictures not adhering to that rule and I decided once again to go with the art I like and not worry so much about the colors. :)
September 11, 2013 at 6:35am     
bumblebee728
I agree about the art! Although its fine if the colors 'go' with the room, art should just stand on its own. I think what really makes it fit in, is that the homeowner truly loves it, it 'speaks' to them, as they say, and reflects their personality.
September 11, 2013 at 7:10am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Cheryl @ Artzzle.com
Now you've got it. Choose art for your heart, not for your decor. Decor will change but wonderful art will always be ... well ... wonderful!

P.S. I REALLY thought the Funky Rug would win. Interesting.
September 11, 2013 at 7:17am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
bumblebee728
'Art for your heart, not for your decor'. Good way to sum it up, artzzle!
September 11, 2013 at 7:24am     
coloraholic
I know designers will say that they are3 both too small but I disagree. I like the look. And a 5X7 rug costs lots less than a 9X12! Lets me change my rug more often!
September 11, 2013 at 7:57am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
mokriso
The funky one!
September 11, 2013 at 8:04am      Thanked by Luv Romantic
Luv Romantic
HI it's me, just wanted to respond to the "too small crew". :) While yes I did move the rug away from the couch it is not because of it's size. It's just the way I prefer it, but all the yellow/mustard chairs are touching and the green chair is over the rug if you look closely it is a swivel rocker so it does not have tradition l feet but the front of the chair does hang over the rug. The only reason the blue chair is not right on top is because of how I placed the sheepskin. @5x8(funky) and 5x7(Trellis) they both extend beyond the couch.

I've seen rooms where the furniture all sits on top and where they just meet the edge and I don't really have a preference. Both of these rugs only come in the size I have so as I tell my girls, "You get what you get and don't have a fit." ;-)
September 11, 2013 at 8:07am     
Luv Romantic
@ladyrebel, That too!
September 11, 2013 at 8:08am   
pdxgal8745
Definitely blue funky. It goes very well with all the other colors in your room. It looks young and contemporary. Blue trellis is lovely, but is too plain for the rest of your decor. It looks too safe and doesn't add anything to yur decor.
September 11, 2013 at 8:09am      Thanked by Luv Romantic
mickoz
If it's for under the table,.. art.. maybe you could use the other in the same room somewhere else.
September 11, 2013 at 8:10am      Thanked by Luv Romantic
ginabina1
Trellis rug make larger, replace pillows on sofa or mabe just a throw to pick up your fav color in room , there's a lot going on here I'd go for the pop of color and less confusing.
September 11, 2013 at 8:25am      Thanked by Luv Romantic
Garuda Woven Art Rugs
I like the colorful one. But I guess it depends on whether you are going for a fun, casual look or a more formal, calm look.
September 11, 2013 at 8:25am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
penelopesdreamydesigns
My vote is for the colorful medallion rug, it pulls all of the rest of the room together, made me look at the whole room, the blue one just stopped my eye right there at the rug, didn't like the blue at all, looks out of place in that room. Put the blue rug in a sunroom, porch, bedroom or in your kitchen. The more colorful rug definitely!
September 11, 2013 at 8:26am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
magoofamily4
totally love the funky rug with the decor! from the angle of the picture - i think it might help you more if you remove the floral pillow from the chair......sorry ;-) love the pillow but i think that it is a different style compared to the rest of your decor in there.....just a suggestion ;-)
September 11, 2013 at 8:41am      Thanked by Luv Romantic
Luv Romantic
@magoofamily4, No need to apologize. :-) Trust me I know I am not an "in the box" kind of decorator and I also knew not everyone would like everything/anything in my room.

I personally do not have a problem with things being a little off from the norm. Even in my inspiration photos I don't like every aspect of the rooms. But I think all the things we put in our house, that maybe someone else would not, is what makes it home to us. You know what I mean :-)
September 11, 2013 at 9:34am     
Studio M Interior Design
I vote blue trellis, but I'd say go with a size bigger! :)
September 11, 2013 at 9:50am      Thanked by Luv Romantic
ginabina1
On the rug, love the trellis, I would lose the yellow ottomom, and put pillows on sofa to pick up the colors around the room
September 11, 2013 at 10:02am      Thanked by Luv Romantic
punkindust
I prefer the blue trellis but I am more traditonal and symmetrical in design. Alot depends on your personality and the circle pattern would never be one of a choice for me. I like the white fur rug by the chair.
September 11, 2013 at 10:09am      Thanked by Luv Romantic
Luv Romantic
@ginabina, maybe you cannot tell by the picture, but the two pillows on the couch have all the colors of the room.
September 11, 2013 at 10:19am   
lougra
For my two-penneth, I don't think either suits. Sorry if that's not helpful, but maybe that's why the voting is a tie. I'd look for something else, about twice the size too. Your seating is elegant, so I would go for something softer/informal - maybe a modern-ish floral/leaf/pattern.
September 11, 2013 at 10:30am      Thanked by Luv Romantic
pollmer
When in doubt, I always go for funky! Life's too short to be boring.
September 11, 2013 at 10:36am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Luv Romantic
@lougra, thanks but I do like both so I will stick with them. :-) I think the voting is tied because, from the comments, some like the Trellis and some like the funky. :-)
September 11, 2013 at 10:37am     
woolylam
The blue funky brings all the colors together in the room and makes it less serious. But I suppose it depends on if you want fun or serious. To me there is enough serious in the world, give me the fun and funky!
:)
September 11, 2013 at 10:40am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Luv Romantic
@woolylam, have we met! ;-)
September 11, 2013 at 10:43am     
sstideas
I like a number of the pieces/colors in the room, but I don't think either rug ties pieces together or grounds the room or finishes the room. I'm not really a minimalist in decor, but to me the room feels unsettling, like too much going on, no place for my eye to rest. Fun/funky is good, but a little goes a long way when you add people in to the room. Maybe depends on how you use the room, but seem like if you want people sitting down on the nice sofa or chairs to have a chat with each other, there's a lot of distracting lines/shapes/different wood colors, etc. A lot of fun items in the room, but maybe some editing is in order.
September 11, 2013 at 1:20pm      Thanked by Luv Romantic
Luv Romantic
@sstideas, never had a complaint from my friends or family. Quite the opposite actually. :) Truly I know I will not please everyone, nor would I try. :-) But hey I am going to edit. The fish tank in the corner is coming out! ;-)
September 11, 2013 at 1:33pm   
meganpat
Trellis draws the eye to the room, funky draws the eye to the rug
September 11, 2013 at 1:52pm      Thanked by Luv Romantic
sondramartina
Luv Romantic I love your room ,I love that chair that you want to recover.I don't think you need us to tell you which rug.Both are great just pick what you like :)
September 11, 2013 at 1:52pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Christian Huet
Where can I find the blue carpet, it looks like a tapestry of farrow & ball. it is superb
thank you for your reply.
September 11, 2013 at 2:00pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
aslans1
To the one who thinks that the funky rug is more adventurous, I say it is, yet after a $100k remodel in my own home, I can say that all that color will get tiresome. We had colors everywhere before going all white, and there is no comparison...the whites open up the space and lift your spirits no matter what's going on; it is also calming. There is enough clutter in the world without creating it at home, too. The quieter a room, the more restful it is, and the more you want to be in it.
September 11, 2013 at 2:04pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Luv Romantic
@Christian I purchased at Marshall-Home Goods.
September 11, 2013 at 2:06pm   
agathamae
What is wrong with those of you who want to redo the whole room? It is such a welcoming -tastefully decorated space that it doesn't need ANY tweaking. And she didn't ASK for advice on anything but the RUG!
That said - I love both rugs in your room. If you can afford both use trellis for warm weather and funky for cold months. Which one does the rest of your family like best? If they are tied I guess close your eyes and throw a dart because either will look great.
September 11, 2013 at 2:36pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Luv Romantic
@agathamae Thank you so much. I have three little girls four, six and seven and they just go "Mommmmie" every time I ask them to help me change from one rug to the other! ;-)
September 11, 2013 at 2:41pm     
agathamae
You are making a beautiful home for your family and have a great eye. Your room says come in and stay awhile and that is a real talent. I have been in so many homes that I just can't wait to get out of. Well done! I can't wait to find out which one wins. I finally voted for funky because it makes me smile.
September 11, 2013 at 3:23pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Gloria A. Adams
I love the blue flunky. Cool..
September 11, 2013 at 3:50pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
sandradee64
Trellis and get that fluffy thing out of there
September 11, 2013 at 3:58pm   
grey3480
Definitely the trellis. I like the yellow touches but the checked ottoman bothers me. You can do without the fluffy rug! More pillows like the one shown.
September 11, 2013 at 4:22pm   
pamtheartist
Voted for the trellis, but agree the size is wrong. Plus personally I would like a small gray and white pattern, let the other colorful furniture shine. The eye always needs restful areas.
September 11, 2013 at 4:29pm      Thanked by Luv Romantic
pollmer
What is calming to one person, isn't necessarily calming to another person. My house was white when I moved in and I couldn't stand it. It made me restless and unhappy. The walls are now purple, red, and orange. I have red leather couches and a purple leather recliner. I mosaiced my fireplace in yellows, oranges, reds, blues and purples. I have lots of art in lots of colors. I spent $100,000 remodeling my kitchen and have purple cabinets for the island and wild tile for the back splash. THAT makes me calm and restful. Everyone that comes in my house says they love it. I think more people would like color, they just don't have the courage to try it. Oh, and my house is now for sale at $650,000 so it's not a cheap little house.

I love your eclectic house and I love that it's mostly thrifted. Your room is warmer and has more personality than a lot of "professionally" decorated rooms that I've seen. Go with your heart.
September 11, 2013 at 4:35pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
sondramartina
I love colour and all white would make want to scream.
September 11, 2013 at 4:41pm      Thanked by Luv Romantic
PT Designs Inc. Paula Tranfaglia - Decorating Den
Your home is obviously eclectic in style and with your passion for color and mixing and matching the "funky" rug is my vote! I would omit the fur rug and the floral pillow on the wing back though...great survey!
September 11, 2013 at 4:44pm      Thanked by Luv Romantic
hogan
Luv if you love the eclectic style of your home and miss match of furniture, that funky rug will fit right in!!Although I do agree needs to be larger and ground the furniture May not be my style or others! however it's you're home and you have to live in it . Ask for the advice of more eclectic people like yourself! good luck
September 11, 2013 at 4:46pm      Thanked by Luv Romantic
Mary Katzman
The funky! I love the color-otherwise it is too boring.
September 11, 2013 at 4:58pm      Thanked by Luv Romantic
Debra Rigby Design
DEFINITELY BLUE TRELLIS!!!
September 11, 2013 at 5:12pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
KR Home Staging & Design, LLC
I love the Blue Tressis for it's classic design element which will never go out of style!
September 11, 2013 at 5:14pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Gretchen Maurer
the funky complements the round table....love it. I have both in my house a funky in my living room a trellis in my bed room.....
September 11, 2013 at 5:35pm     
Judy Dinkle - JD Designs
To my eye, the blue trellis rug is a clear favorite. I would suggest that you also remove the white shag rug at the foot of the wing chair; add pillows on the sofa & chairs in more prominent, "funky" patterns, and in different sizes. If your budget & time allow, you could reupholster the pair of gold chairs in an unexpected fabric - maybe dark brown or black/white cowhide or a stylized zebra print. Consider replacing the green chair with an upholstered bench; possibly paint the room or the wall behind the sofa in a saffron gold (like the ottoman) or a persimmon color (from the pillow on the wing chair).
September 11, 2013 at 5:44pm     
woolylam
Pollmer, your description of your house and love of color resonates with me. I love deep bright colors- deep orange on my livingroom walls. Not often I read someone else with similar tastes.
September 11, 2013 at 5:49pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Williams Painting
Blue Tressis is my choice the other is just too busy...Keith
September 11, 2013 at 6:15pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Veronica Lawrence Interior Design
no question in my mind - the blue trellis is the way to go. You will be free to add accents with color and pattern more easily - it won't tie you down so much.
September 11, 2013 at 6:19pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Lori
I think you should go with the one that is on the living room floor right now. You won't have to switch rugs again, as the right rug is already in place. Good luck and enjoy!
September 11, 2013 at 6:40pm      Thanked by Luv Romantic
bobbiem
To polymer and woolylam....love your colors. We are redoing a mid-century modern house right now with burnt orange accent wall in LR with purple, deep turquoise and orange pillows (and funky rug). Adjoining gathering room and kitchen will have deep plum accent wall, expresso cabinets with white, black and purple granite (Ashen White). So happy to see other people with adventurous color schemes!!!
September 11, 2013 at 6:43pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
bobbiem
Pardon the misspelling, pollmer!!
September 11, 2013 at 6:44pm   
I can't believe how close this vote is!
September 11, 2013 at 6:46pm     
Veronica Lawrence Interior Design
By the way - the rug size is a bit small, you should have your rug anchor the seating by having the front legs of the sofa and chairs on the rug. The size you're showing - people will get their feet hooked under the rug. Look at an 8' x 10'
September 11, 2013 at 7:37pm   
montereygirl
I like the funky rug. HOWEVER, IMO the fur rug has got to go. To me it looks very awkward and out of place in front of the blue chair. Let us see the final results. JH
September 11, 2013 at 8:00pm      Thanked by Luv Romantic
suzi05
Most definitely the color flavor rug
September 12, 2013 at 12:50am      Thanked by Luv Romantic
greatroomgirl
Funky one, no question!
September 12, 2013 at 6:37am      Thanked by Luv Romantic
nananay84
Definitely funky! I "get" your style and it's got to be funky. Sorry, but the trellis is boring in that room. Anyone can do traditional trellis...but you can pull off the pizazz of the funky one! Go for it!
September 12, 2013 at 7:28am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
agathamae
Hi Luv- just checked to see which rug is winning today & cannot believe it is 816/816.
September 12, 2013 at 7:38am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
agathamae
This is like watching a horse race in slow mo
September 12, 2013 at 7:45am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Luv Romantic
@Everyone thanks to all of you who voted for the rugs in question.

I cannot believe it continues to be so close! I think what this showed me is that there is no clear choice even among the masses. :-)

I have to say I am very happy and satisfied with my home as is. I was just looking for help in choosing the rug as I have been going back and forth on this for some time. So I have appreciated reading all of the pros and cons.

Although I prefer the Funky rug in my Living area, what I decided for now is to use the Trellis rug in the living room and the Funky one in my dining area because it is wool and holds up better to spills.

As soon as I can find an indoor/outdoor rug for the dining area that compliments the color of the living room, I will be switching to the Funky one in the living room.

Sigh....as for all other advice thanks, but I love my sheepskin and pillows and Gold chairs and well everything else as is.

Will I ever change things up some times? Maybe...ok probably because that just what I do. ;-) But it will only be if I find something I love even more. Not because someone told me to get rid of it, what's that about? :-O

While I looooove interior design, my home will never be a show place. My basic goal is to make it comfy, cheerful, colorful, functional, and inviting for first my family and then my friends. :)

So thanks to all of you who answered the question at hand and thanks to the rest who gave me advice in a mannerly way.

This has been fun and informative and I have appreciated the process. Now I know where to go for help when I have my bouts of indecision! :-)
September 12, 2013 at 8:15am     
Suzanna Sebesteny
Whew, I'm so glad you've made your decision. It was pretty close, wasn't it? And exciting for those that have been following. I think you've make the right choice (if there every is a right choice :-) ) Enjoy your space, it's YOURS and I personally think it's perfection. When you live in a space you want it to appeal to you, not anyone else. Mind you it's always nice to get compliments.... and you sure have gotten a lot of them. Anyone that doesn't like it have their taste strictly in their mouth. Enjoy and good luck to you in the future.
September 12, 2013 at 8:36am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
comrades
Hate the size of either. You need a very large area rug. I found one at home goods in Dallas for 99 dollars. What a store!
September 12, 2013 at 8:42am     
Luv Romantic
@Suzanna Sebesteny, I know right, I thought for sure one would be the clear winner. Oh well, all's well and thanks for your positive support! :-)
September 12, 2013 at 8:44am     
bumblebee728
Over and out luv. Btw, I was surprised how i loved the white rug. It's how you used it in an unexpected way with the placement that won me over!
September 12, 2013 at 8:47am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
bevballew
Both worked in the room. If is the personal taste. The trellis tames the room down and gives a more calming effect; the funky one looks good and creates a different feeling...funky...as all said.
September 12, 2013 at 8:56am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Luv Romantic
Thanks Bumblebee! :-)
September 12, 2013 at 9:03am     
Amy Cali
Great choice!
Enjoy :)
September 12, 2013 at 9:10am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
woolylam
I had so much fun with this and reading the comments that I decided to post a question about the color of my kitchen cabinets on here. Glad you made a choice, honestly I think both are fine. I personally would paint the walls a color (but that is me and my hate for white walls) :) But I like the sheepskin rug too and thought that would feel really comfy under your toes. I know not everyone would like my color schemes, but I believe you need to do what makes you happy! Especially if you are living in the place for a long time. Glad you made a choice and sounds like it makes you happy! :)
September 12, 2013 at 9:19am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Luv Romantic
@woolylam, off to check out your dilemma now! :-)
September 12, 2013 at 9:25am   
Chuck Sink
Wow, what a close vote!
September 12, 2013 at 11:21am   
hopesilver
you have so many comments on this simple decision!!! And how interesting that the votes are so close, which I am not surprised by. The design world can be split into many sub categories of types, and here there is the difference between the type who likes clean, un cluttered looks, to those who find that more can bring a look together. However, when looking at the room as a whole picture, as if it were painting, the rug with more colors pulls out all the other colors in the room and calms it down, while the supposedly calmer, simpler one color rug makes the rest of the room look chaotic and it lies on the floor looking boring, and conservative and out of place and not bringing the room together. There are two types of tastes regarding too much, and less is more, etc., especially today. It is really important to make sure these votes and comments are not directed only at the rug, but at the room itself. I hope my vote wins!
September 12, 2013 at 11:47am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
anne dee
I think it's time to close this thread.
Poster has plenty to consider.
September 12, 2013 at 12:04pm      Thanked by Luv Romantic
AB Interior & Designing
Go for Blue Funky. The Trellis looks flat.
September 12, 2013 at 12:05pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
susy1717
Please help me to pick a color on my back wall of my bed. My walls are baby blue. This is my new bed set. please hep
September 12, 2013 at 1:30pm     
Luv Romantic
I commented on your thread. :)
September 12, 2013 at 1:37pm   
mamoruth
Trellis... And maybe a foot bigger..:)
September 12, 2013 at 3:27pm      Thanked by Luv Romantic
bevballew
I think either a soft yellow or a taupe.
September 12, 2013 at 5:23pm   
noreaster88
Not going to vote, because whatever you love most will be right.

I love this room...it's so personal and fun. Great job!
September 12, 2013 at 6:54pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
housegal200
Blue trellis, but if you're having to return one, return both and go a size up. They're too small. Having said that, the funky rug may be way too busy in a bigger size.
September 12, 2013 at 7:32pm      Thanked by Luv Romantic
housegal200
Me again. My rationale for the blue trellis is that it reflects the blue and white of your dramatic, amazing painting. IMO, the busier rug distracts from the painting.
September 12, 2013 at 7:34pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Barbie
I LOVE your room. It is not my taste BUT that is the beauty in it. I could cozy up in your room and enjoy it all day, even though it's bright and funky it also tells a story. You have good taste. :-)
September 12, 2013 at 8:39pm        Thanked by Luv Romantic
Mina Brinkey
I like the blue trellis. It makes the room look "cleaner" and not so busy as with the other area rug. I also think the rug is too small for the space. Could you get the same rug in a larger size?? I love that sofa, by the way! : )
September 12, 2013 at 8:43pm      Thanked by Luv Romantic
Peggy Modglin
Love the funky! Glad to hear that eventually it will make it back to your living room!
September 16, 2013 at 12:51am        Thanked by Luv Romantic
luluchin
I like the blue trellis. If it was bigger that would be even better. If you painted the wooden legs/arms of everything black or perhaps white I would even go with no area rug but toss down the sheepskin (kind of luxe). NOT SOLICITED ADVICE BUT CONTINUE ON IF YOU ARE CURIOUS: You have a lot of colors going on right now. I think you will get a calmer room with a stronger design if you narrow it down to just 2 or 3 colors - one of which is your mushroomy grey white of the couch and carpet. So the blue trellis rug emphasizes the blue statement and makes the yellow pops seem more like pops than something it's competing with. If you can ditch the green chair or recover it with the yellow blue or mushroomy color, then you would have an even stronger design. I like your last supper painting but I feel like it would be much stronger in a different place. You have a bold black swath on that wall and it's beautiful. Stay with it. Either take all the small pictures off OR just balance the two of them next to the big one to the right of it. It looks as though it is a personal statement of faith and therefore central and very important to you, but I think all of those little statements could be put throughout the house and have equal impact. I think the repetition actually takes away from the power of the statement. At any rate - lovely, comfy and welcoming room!
September 19, 2013 at 1:22pm      Thanked by Luv Romantic
Who knew new tile would be so hard!! Brain hurts, please HELP!
Hello all, I'm looking to re-tile my bathroom....
HELP! Not another area rug post! I can't make this decision on my own!
I've been looking for several months for an area rug...
Brain dead in interior design etc... My living room needs help
Not all the furniture in the living room belongs there...
My husband's bathroom needs help! He has brain cancer, trouble in tub.
The tub is too small and the step is too high for my...
I really need your help on which rug for my new sofa.
Just got the sofa today and need to decide on a rug...
Toilet Design Help
Hi guys. We're renovating an old house and are having...
What is your backyard crying out for?
Some people let their grass grow too long, or their...
Floor plan advice
I am building a vacation / future retirement ocean...
Bathroom Design Help
Does anyone use wallpaper anymore and if yes, what rooms?
I have a lot of stenciled and wallpapered rooms in...