Off center bedroom window--what to do?!
natalierkc
So this is my guest bedroom with a very off center window! The wall to the right of the bed is a double doored mirrored closet, and the wall to the left has a doorway to a bathroom. I want some suggestions on how to place the bed, buy headboard, bed tables and what to so that the room doesn't look so off! This is a rental house so it can't be anything drastic. Thanks for your design help!
Ignore it. Lighter bedding, in the tone of your chair will help, too, as the dark it making the bed way too obvious.

September 10, 2013 at 7:05pm     
I would have a large piece of art on the wall that spans the entire height of the window.
September 10, 2013 at 7:07pm   
karemore55
Ah these builders - they don't make it easy for people, do they? I agree with above comment to ignore it, however, I think you might get better balance by switching the round table and the night stand to opposite sides. Then make sure the lamps are matching, and if the height difference on the two sides is quite noticeable, place a few large books under the lamp that needs to be raised.
September 10, 2013 at 7:12pm     
dawnie1856
I would add something simple on both sides of the closet doors for example candle sconces. I would find a huge clock or a mirror with a starburst effect on the left of the window (put to scale of course) and on both sides of the bed, use a tall small round glass side tables as night stand. Something like these. definately change the bedding to a brighter cheery color. Good luck
September 10, 2013 at 7:38pm   
Corner the bed to the left of the window.
Anita Diaz
Hers bed
September 10, 2013 at 7:48pm     
kathy
I saw this segment on TV show a month or so ago
http://www.cityline.ca/2013/07/how-to-deal-with-an-off-centre-window/
September 10, 2013 at 7:49pm     
kathleen MK
Is there room to angle the bed in the corner with a curtain / canopy behind it in a fabric to match a window curtain? The drapes would balance each corner. Or hang a large mirror to the opposite side of the bed as a "faux" window.
September 10, 2013 at 7:51pm     
Next Level Interiors
I would add a low headboard with straight lines to anchor the bed. I agree with adding art that is even with top of window. You can do a large picture above bed or if you add a headboard a grouping of 4 pictures will work (2above 2) to vary the scale from all large rectangles. Agree with moving large round table to left side.
September 10, 2013 at 7:54pm     
JWinteriors
I agree to angle the bed into the left corner. It creates more wall space and balances the window.
September 10, 2013 at 7:55pm     
abbyjean
I love that round table under the window. Could you leave that there, centered and move the bed just to the edge of the window. Then move the night stand that is to the left of the bed over by the chair, as it needs a small table beside it.
September 10, 2013 at 9:22pm   
cathieg
I suggest a dark headboard and paint the night stands to match the headboard colour. Use white or light coloured bedding as the room is not large and it will help it appear more spacious. With the use of a dark headboard and night stands the focus will shift from the window. I found this photo which demonstrates what I mean

If it works, try and shift the bed a little to the left. I also suggest that you not put anything on the bedhead wall as there is no good way to balance it.
September 10, 2013 at 10:58pm   
Janice
I believe in making my own rules so I don't put myself in a box. I have a window not centered on wall, so I ignored it, and centered my bed on the wall, not the window. Throw the rule out the window if it confines your creativity. It looks like that is what you did, and it looks great!
May 6, 2014 at 12:56pm   
J Design Group - Interior Designers Miami - Modern
I suggest you work with what you have and let it be. Simply dress your bed with nice softer colored linens to give a nice an airy feel. Try to balance it a bit by placing matching side table and table lamps and finish it off with a nice vase with fresh flowers. Enjoy your space.

J Design Group, Modern Interior Design Firm in Miami, Florida - Contemporary Miami Interior Designers http://www.JDesignGroup.com
May 15, 2014 at 6:47pm     
Bedroom window off centered
I have a akward shaped bedroom. It is a square with...
Off centered window with shutters behind bed in master bedroom
I have a fairly large window behind my bed that is...
Off center window in master bedroom
My master bedroom has a window that sits to the left...
How would you separate the bed from the rest of the room?
The photos are of the same area but taken from different...
What topics would you like to see more of?
Now that the shiny new Houzz UK has launched, we want...
Your favourite colour combo?
I'm currently into yellow + grey interiors, it's a...
What do you think about mismatched dining chairs?
The key to an eclectic look, surely? And also brilliant...
Should I add backsplash ???
I've redone my kitchen cabinets dark Java now I need...