Rug + Drapes??...need help in Living Room
Tessa Lander
Need suggestions on rugs, drapes and end tables for my living room. It leads to my kid's soon to be "game room" so I will need kid+neighborhood kid friendly furniture. I'm open to glass end tables too, but my current design dilema is figuring what type of rug to place in this room. Love Chevron and Moroccan Trellis prints...hint hint but I am open to any other design ideas.
Personally, I'm tiring of the chevron and trellis rugs - too overdone. With your tile floor, beachy blue, rubber plants and light sofa, why not try a sea grass rug - with a border if you want color? Can we see the windows and the other two walls of the space. Comment and use the AI button to load more pix.
September 11, 2013 at 10:39am     
Tara Couture Rugs
Tessa you can try checking our website and our pages. If you have any idea of design particularly in mind we can create them for you on carpet.
September 11, 2013 at 10:39am   
Kristen Bryant
I have found outdoor rugs are great when dealing with kids and pets. Wayfair has some great fairly inexpensive ones in all kinds of patterns and colors. Personally, I stick with Jute with a colored border, but I also just picked up a red moroccan styled outdoor rug for my sun porch, pretty cheap. Unfortunately, I think we would need to see more pics of the room if you wanted suggestions on layouts. It's just hard to tell what's on the other wall with this pic :) Good luck!!
September 11, 2013 at 10:46am        Thanked by Tessa Lander
Tessa Lander
to the fron (tile area) is a long hallway that leads to family room. On the other side of tile an open dining area.
September 11, 2013 at 11:01am   
Yes, check out homedecorators.com for great I/O rugs too. Big and reasonable to purchase! Do you need privacy at that window or just good decor?
September 11, 2013 at 11:02am   
Hang pic 6" above top of sofa. Add blue and white striped pillows, to sofa and a blue print to chairs. Like mirror. Go gray and white trellis design panels.
September 11, 2013 at 11:09am   
Tessa Lander
the other side of the living - no wall. pretty sad sight, at this moment.
September 11, 2013 at 11:11am   
Kristen Bryant
Thanks for the pics! I would do curtains and hang them 6-8" above the window frame. Color choice.... if you are sticking with kind of a casual beachy, light and airy vibe, I would go with lighter colors? Could you reverse the layout and put the sofa in front of the window and the chairs on the other wall? That way you could place a console table and hang a large mirror or cool artwork?
September 11, 2013 at 11:13am     
Reclaimed wood end table. A bigger ottoman 24" round in a blue and white stripe. Add big tall lamp with navy blue base and white shades. Place plants together on one end of sofa.
September 11, 2013 at 11:13am     
Add reclaimed wood table between chairs go round. Add a big lamp. Add one of your tall plant in corner behind chair.
September 11, 2013 at 11:17am   
Yes try sofa on chair wall etc.
September 11, 2013 at 11:18am   
Tessa Lander
Both leather recliners were originally placed on the other side of the wall - then I could not figure for the life of me what to place in between? Suggestions?
September 11, 2013 at 11:19am   
Tessa Lander
the room is sized so weird. The large window doesn't line up with the wall across the room where the sofa is currently place.
September 11, 2013 at 11:20am   
It is a strange space. Is it suppose to be a dining room? Take pic if dining area.
September 11, 2013 at 11:23am   
Kristen Bryant
Depending on how much room is between the two chairs on that wall, I would find some kind of console table. I like travisinteriors idea of some kind of reclaimed wood. You could go crazy with lights, pictures, books etc on top of it. If the space isn't large enough, you could go with a larger side table.
September 11, 2013 at 11:25am   
I would put recliner in yr family room. Make small room a bar. Put sofa on window. Add small coffee table and end table on one end only. With lamp. As said above. On sofa wall now. Place a long 6-7 ft chest something in reclaimed wood. Add your art above it. On top I'd chest add wine rack and wine glasses. Plus some big sea shells. Use it to store games for kids.
September 11, 2013 at 11:29am   
Tessa Lander
travis: dining room located to the left of staircase (above pic) with two open walls
September 11, 2013 at 11:30am   
On window add navy blue panels. With a white bamboo shade Home Depot carries.
September 11, 2013 at 11:31am   
Kristen Bryant
I am dealing with the same off-centered issue. My fiance hung our tv on one side of the wall versus centered. As much as I would like to rehang it, it would just be too much between electrical issues and mounting brackets, etc. I think it creates some interest when things are not completely centered and you can add visual interest to give that idea of balance.
September 11, 2013 at 11:31am   
I think small rm is to small to have all those big pieces in it. Recliners would work in family so that room would be finish. Except for accessories. I like tall mirror but thinking it might work better in entry.?
September 11, 2013 at 11:34am     
decoratingcents
Have you thought about changing the furniture layout by a 180 degree turn? If you placed the sofa in the right spot it could create an extension of the walkway/hallway. Place the chairs and a little round table near the opposite hallway/walkway/door way near the french doors to create a conversation area. Place a fun little coffee table in the middle of all the seating. Not sure about rug and drapes, but both would be a great way to add a little pop of color since everything else is pretty neutral. I love the navy idea! I would also stick with just one plant in the space since it seems a little small.
September 11, 2013 at 5:57pm   
need help with finding the right color of drapes for my living room
I just moved into my first home! Not sure what color...
Need help with drape color for living/dining room
Smokey blue walls, white trim/windows, red oak floors...what...
Need Help on Rug and Drapes for this fabric Family room
Purchased a piece for under the TV for this room thanks...
Desperately needing a focal point
The furniture that I thought I'd lost a shot at reappeared...
Travertine tile in bathroom but what color for walls?
With Espresso cabinetry, walls & floor are polished...
Need help deciding on chandelier for my kitchen island.
I will be renovating my kitchen and I'd like to put...
Must I paint the doors in my condo the same as the jams?
Moving into a new loft condo and it has too many wooden...
Backsplash Suggestions For This Kitchen
Hello. My family and I are moving into our new home...