Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindylou277

Cabinets with glass backs

Linda Sala
10 years ago
Could you describe the relationship of the cabs w the windows. Is that fixed glass on the back side of the cabs? Under cabs are those awning windows?
Traditional Coastal Kitchen Design · More Info

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Reico Kitchen & Bath
    10 years ago
    Thanks for your question! This is going to be tough to answer but I am going to try and find out the answer for you. The designer on this project left to pursue a new career as a elementary school teacher about 2 years ago. Give me some time and let me see what I can find out!
    Linda Sala thanked Reico Kitchen & Bath
  • PRO
    Reico Kitchen & Bath
    10 years ago
    Here is what I heard back from the original designer on the project....as for the cabinets, they are semi custom, which allowed me to specify: 1) peninsula (so the front and back have the same finished frame) 2) finished interior 3) delete 2 doors (because I didn't need them on the window side) and 4) glass inserts on the front of course. The contractor framed out the fixed glass window precisely so that the cabinet could be installed against the framing with maybe 1/4 inch reveal on the inside of the "box." Below the cabinets, yes I believe the windows opened out.

Hope this helps!
  • Linda Sala
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Yes that is very helpful. I appreciate the effort to obtain an answer and the designers time to respond. Thank you!!
  • Nicole Davis
    10 years ago
    oh my wow. this is gorgeous!!
  • Ellie MacCallum
    9 years ago
    Love the look