Can I modernize this?
Amanda Teodecki
My grandmother's drum table. How can I modernize it? Is it even possible?
0825sam
You could paint it black or a bold color and change the hardware. Here is a link to one of many before and afters on design sponge which is a great blog (and their coffee table book is full of old furniture that has been painted and updated) http://www.designsponge.com/2012/03/before-after-refinished-dresser-card-catalog.html
September 12, 2013 at 11:59am        Thanked by Amanda Teodecki
abbyjean
As suggested.....oh, my.......a little paint and new hardware and people will be drooling over this!!!
September 12, 2013 at 12:04pm        Thanked by Amanda Teodecki
HI -- Nice little French provincial style table . Well you can't really modernize it -- but you can up date it or make it different . Painting it a satin sheen color or you could use a high gloss finish -depending on the color you choose . Then you could have a piece of marble for the top -check in the stone shops for off cuts or remnants. Or have some mirror cut for the top .Change the handles for something more modern like chrome or glass . You could line the openings with a wallpaper or fabric or mirror or see if you can find little baskets that will fit . Or have a cabinet maker put doors on . Just pick a color . You could also see to have it spray painted . See how much it would be to have a car body shop paint it for you in a auto color ,like something pearlized . Or find an artist to hand paint it for you or try yourself .
September 12, 2013 at 12:21pm        Thanked by Amanda Teodecki
Nicole Svor Howard
Paint it black or if you have a place for something colorful... Maybe yellow or red? But I would keep the hardware. It's whimsical
September 12, 2013 at 12:37pm   
Pamela DeCuir Interior Designs
I have a similar table and have been mulling over a way to dress it up. Love the suggestions above.
September 12, 2013 at 12:45pm   
Please Help!! How can I arrange/design this small living space?
My partner and I just purchased a 1950s bach/ cottage/...
Bathroom crisis, and corner bathtub questions
Hi there. I m renovating this bathroom. I would like...
If you could change one thing about your house...
...what would it be? Tell us in the comments! If...
draft stoppers
Insulated decorative magnetic fireplace draft stoppers...
Need help with my kitchen
We recently changed our kitchen from an impractical...