Bath advice!
peeberofdeeber
Eventually this bath will have a major re-do but until then would like to give it a mini facelift. Am thinking black, silver, and maybe eggplant accessories? Window treatments? Would I use a black curtain rod the entire length of the window?
I'm envisioning your plan and it seems a bit dark and gloomy. I was thinking more of a lighter, spa like direction. Something like this:

September 12, 2013 at 9:36pm        Thanked by peeberofdeeber
DishonDesignGal
I agree with Darzy. I say add some white or cream (which ever your tub is). I'd even paint your vanity, which is super easy and inexpensive to do. If you go light, focus on bringing in softness and a mix of textures. I'm noticing a lot of squares and rectangles... the window, the picture, the mirror, the rug. I'd love some things in there to soften in up a bit like towels, flowers and draperies.
September 12, 2013 at 9:53pm      Thanked by peeberofdeeber
Cindy Sherman @ Sherman KBD
If you are going for a cave-like look {not judging, just stating the obvious} than your plan of black and eggplant will get you there. Ditch the silver plan with the tile, blinds and cabinets -- it's a cold vs. warm fight but could be brought in in small doses {think tall silver branches in a tall glass vase against the corner by the tub}. A fabric with a light background but bold print {with eggplant accents??} would bring a softness to the window {think raised cornice or valance to bring height}. Also, change out the rug to a light neutral, a stack of thick towels and a large mirror or a cluster of small ones.
September 12, 2013 at 10:05pm      Thanked by peeberofdeeber
karemore55
I like the chocolate brown rug in there, and it works nicely with the brown tiles and vanity. I would just paint the walls Ben Moore's Palladian Blue, or a similar robin's egg color, keep the dark brown rug and add in crisp white towels. Not sure if you're male or female, but this would give your room a nice balance of masculine and feminine.
September 12, 2013 at 10:54pm   
karemore55
Palladian Blue. Btw, I have it in my bathrooms and absolutely love it!
September 12, 2013 at 10:55pm      Thanked by peeberofdeeber
Corinne Gail Interior Design
Consider how much privacy you need to achieve from your window treatments...most residential lots are tightly situated and those beautiful garden window views end up being an interesting view for all the neighbors to see. IF privacy is not an issue, I would suggest removing the dark wooden blinds to open the space and bring in natural lighting. You may even want to change the window treatment to a lighter material and color palette to help lighten up the space.
September 13, 2013 at 8:39am      Thanked by peeberofdeeber
Spaces Designed, Interior Design Studio, LLC
Silver would be nice, but eggplant will make the whole room seem darker and your tile is already dark. I would paint the walls white or off white and use some light airy colors like sea foam blue or a soft pale green or yellow. Maybe even a green gray. This will breath some fresh air into the place until you do your renovation.

September 13, 2013 at 9:12am        Thanked by peeberofdeeber
Hudson Street Design
We use and specialize in Hunter Douglas window coverings. I love the fact that you can have complete privacy and room filling light at the same time with certain products. Investing in HD right now will take some planning, color wise; however you will have a product you can utilize in the next phase of the remodel.

I agree with Darzy . You can lighten up and still keep the warm feel. Try colorful accessories and rug.

Good luck with the refreshening! If you need more help, just reach out!
September 13, 2013 at 9:38am      Thanked by peeberofdeeber
Bath Advice: Can I do wet area with bath & shower?
We are moving into a Victorian that desperately needs...
Remodel from 3 baths to 2.5 baths?? Need professional advice!
My 5 bedroom house has 2 full baths upstairs and 1...
Advice for master bath on a budget
Would love to update my bathroom. It currently has...
Updating Vanities
All of our vanities in the house look like this. I...
Living room help
Hello! We live in a tri-level home and just completed...
First draft of our floorplans. Input, please!
Got the first draft of our floorplans today, based...
need help for our Grand living room/kitchen/ and breakfast nook!
I have grey walls with light tan/beige tile floors....
Living room design help!
Hi! I made a virtual design of my intention. The...