Help to finish my dinning room

yannick27September 13, 2013
Any suggestion plss
despinach
Nice room! Maybe you could find two more chairs for the table? I would probably add a lamp next to Audrey. I love your floor!
    Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 4:27AM
judithladams
Center table and chairs in the room rather than try to create a wide path through the room. Consider a large, brightly colored contemporary area rug under the table to add contrast. Consider a larger, single centerpiece for the table....maybe a large glass bowl or tray that offers some color. Lose the fake plant in the corner. Given the clean lines in your dining room, the foliage is out of place, and besides the space is not large enough to support any kind of decoration. Good luck!
3 Likes    Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 4:28AM
Essentia Interior Design
Maybe 2 smaller black and whites on the left side of the door and the plant or a tall black vase on the floor in the corner, and a standing lamp where the plant is now,this will make the room look wider, the floor rug is a great idea also, the room then will look complete as you will be using the whole width of the space! Also make sure the chairs are as wide apart as possible push the side of the chairs up against the table legs! another option for the table is to turn it around not sure if there is a window or door on the right?
2 Likes    Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 4:46AM
cfollowell
Cries out for a great chandelier over the table.
5 Likes    Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 6:49AM
Loom Decor
Those floors are to die for! What you have here has great bones - you just need a few finishing touches. Agree with the above ideas to add two additional chairs, center the table, and add a chandelier. I would also stage the buffet area - hand up Audrey and find some other great coordinating art pieces that you can then set on the buffet and lean against the wall. If you really want to go the extra mile, crow molding would really finish off the room. Happy decorating!

Design It Yourself Decor | loomdecor.com | blair@loomdecor.com
    Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 6:55AM
armygirl1987
Agree with everything said so far.
Willowgrove Dining Room · More Info
]
Jane Lockhart Interior Design · More Info
]
3 Likes    Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 7:03AM
sunrise27
This is some picture of it
    Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 7:16AM
sunrise27
So add more vases on top of the sideboard what color shoul I get ?
    Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 7:18AM
sunrise27
Any picture of a rug that will go with dinning room
1 Like    Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 7:21AM
sunrise27
I have this empty in my dinning room what can put here
    Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 7:24AM
armygirl1987
Check out Rugsdoneright. Are you traditional, contemporary, do you have any idea.
    Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 7:24AM
Hang the two pix flanking the door there so they can be lowered to center 60" above the floor. Notice your dining table doesn't seem to be centered on the bay window, light fixture or on the flooring pattern. If you center it, would the buffet work better on this blank wall? That would leave space for the large original pic you posted to hang where the buffet is now. I think Audrey is more comfortable in the bedroom. Then the two pix should be at about 5" above the buffet. Hopefully, the buffet well be below the light switch.
    Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 7:38AM
indianpatti
I would lose the chair covers, all artificial flowers/plants & the little white table.

Install a chandelier ... something to add a bit of elegance. The one pictured is from Overstock.com, they have great prices .. this one is $260

Would have to see what color chairs are to make rug recommendation .. gorgeous floors!

Check out Wicked Walls on Etsy ... awesome table runners ... quality & affordable. I have several from this store.
    Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 7:49AM
armygirl1987
I love that rug-indianpatti
    Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 7:55AM
centaurita
I think it just needs a great chandelier and rug. Possibly a couple of sconces over the buffet? I just love a deep red in the dining room, but that is a matter of individual taste :)

Beautiful room so far!
Dining Room with Drama - Dale Hanson Photography · More Info

Dining Room · More Info

Habachy Designs · More Info
2 Likes    Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 8:15AM
I think the flooring pattern works better than a rug would in this space. Keep the rug in the LR but leave the glam in this room to a chandy.
1 Like    Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 8:22AM
Dar Eckert
Why don't you try turning your table 90 degrees and centering it in the center of the pattern on the floor? It will give you both adequate walkway and make the room seem wider. You really don't need a rug for your room because the design on the floor acts as a rug by creating a focal point under the table. You did a good job with your art and vases and I wouldn't change them. However, a chandelier would make a huge difference in the room.
2 Likes    Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 8:30AM
sunrise27
Yes thanks for your input m gonna get another buffet and a chandelier next week and a mirror to hang on top of the buffet thanks
    Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 8:46AM
Dar Eckert
I think your art print is much more interesting than a mirror. An art print has much more character and shows your personality more.
1 Like    Bookmark   September 14, 2013 at 7:21AM
centaurita
I absolutely love the floor -After taking another look I agree that it would be a shame to cover it up with a rug.
What is that flooring anyway?
As someone already suggested - it would be great to invest in some crown molding for this awesome room.
lol - is that a beer bottle on the floor there? ;)
Please post a finished photo when you get finished whatever you decide!
    Bookmark   September 14, 2013 at 7:31AM
evamdesign
I agree with Dar about rotating the table, to centre it on that gorgeous wood floor. I wonder if an oval table would possibly go better in the space, as you have so many entrances to contend with. But that requires new furniture. Also see if you can get the slipcovers tight on those chairs, now they look loose and don't match the potential elegance of the room. Good move on adding the chandelier, I can't wait to see how that improves the space. I would rehang those two paintings in the wall next to sitting room, much lower, to eye level when you are seated at the dining table. And that white table is just temporary right? A place to put your drinks while working?

Oh also putting a lamp beside Audrey would help add some height and add some drama. I would only add the mirror if its reflecting a window or a gorgeous chandelier.
1 Like    Bookmark   September 14, 2013 at 7:52AM
sunrise27
Where can I put a mirror ? Put a table lamp on top the buffet ?
    Bookmark   September 14, 2013 at 8:31AM
LB Interiors
I agree with others about a great chandelier. At first, I thought the table could be rotated and turned the other way. I don't think this table will work by turning it. Not enough walkway space. Don't think there is another place for the buffet either. Love Audrey, but would hang up and place two candle sconces on the sides.

I think the best option for a table would be one with a leaf, so that the center of the table is directly under the center of the light fixture. A leaf extension would allow for more seating when needed. I would buy two more dining chairs and place them at the bay window with a round table between them. You can use them for larger dinner parties. Maybe printed fabric chairs.
    Bookmark   September 14, 2013 at 8:53AM
Veronica Lawrence Interior Design
Yes you need an awesome chandelier and 2 host chairs on the ends of the table. You did a good job of accenting the top of the high buffet but on the table top - watch your scale and composition. If you have candle holders on each end of the table they should be the same height. The center piece should be a different height and width to the candles. LOVE the floors!
    Bookmark   September 14, 2013 at 9:27AM
Veronica Lawrence Interior Design
I don't think you need a mirror or lamp on top of the buffet.
    Bookmark   September 14, 2013 at 9:28AM
sunrise27
What about this lamps? Dinning room or LV
    Bookmark   September 15, 2013 at 10:25AM
Meritage Homes
We love Audrey, too! What about something that pops a little color?
    Bookmark   September 24, 2013 at 5:09PM
Need help room that serves as a sitting area and dinning room
I've had 3 different designers (not from houzz) that...
rhoneyman
Help with wall color for Living room + Dinning room area.
This is my 2nd post with this dilema over the color...
claisabel
Suggestions for the wall in my dinning room.
This wall has been empty for a year now since we remodel...
Adriana Gerardo
I need help with my dinning room decor
I got this new dinning set and chandelier and now I...
violka
I redid my dinning room just need help finishing with the decor
So after many attempts to redo this dinning room I...
Tina Fynbo
Dining room advice
I need staging advice for my dining room. Is it too...
angelcreek11
Need help with shape of tub and sink
I am remodeling my bathroom. It is traditional with...
ecarol54
Colour carried throughout house
Should the same colour be carried in bits throughout...
lcatteau
Organic furniture
Natural wood interlocking system
RuraLiving Studio
Is this clock too small? or too high?
ignore the candles I plan to change them, just not...
patsydarling