Chair fabric
maryb7
September 13, 2013 in Photo Questions
What fabric might that be on the chairs?
FINNE Architects
Hi,
Thanks for your question about the armchairs at our CS Reading Room project.
The chairs are from B&B Italia, and I specified a beautiful herringbone espresso-colored fabric called "Cottage Strie Coffee" by Holland & Sherry.

The coffee table, by the way, is the STEN layered glass table that I designed, and the carpet is the GRESS rug that I designed, and it was woven in Nepal. See attached photos.
September 13, 2013 at 12:43pm        Thanked by maryb7
maryb7
Thank you. Your work is just extraordinary. So glad I am able to see it on Houzz.
September 13, 2013 at 12:46pm   
FINNE Architects
Mary,
You are very kind, and I appreciate your interest in my work. Every day, I deal with the "maiden voyage problem," which is inherent in making pieces that have never been done before. Things do not always work out well, but with enough stubborn Norwegian persistence, I usually prevail!
--Nils
September 13, 2013 at 12:52pm     
jiaehostetler
The bench in the background, we have something similar in our new house. Can you tell me if the cushions and pillows were off the shelf or created by Finne?
March 16, 2014 at 7:40pm   
FINNE Architects
Hi,
The bench at the window in the background has a custom cushion and custom pillows that we made. The bench fabric is by my friend, Laura Lienhard, and the pillow fabrics I cannot remember at the moment. See http://www.lauralienhard.com
March 16, 2014 at 10:04pm   
Echo Etching
Absolutely brilliant table design! Fantastic...
March 17, 2014 at 11:10am   
FINNE Architects
@EchoEtching Thanks so much!
--Nils
March 17, 2014 at 12:02pm