Lights on the vaulted ceiling
avd2001
September 14, 2013 in Design Dilemma
My house is under construction and am in a dilemma for the vaulted ceiling in the family room. I can't figure out which type of light would look/work best. Any ideas?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
smileyface2013
Recessed, possibly with eyeballs.
   September 14, 2013 at 8:04AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
A Kitchen That Works LLC
Assuming that there is no roof space, lighting with vaulted ceilings is tricky. Recessed can lights are energy inefficient at the best of times because they allow conditioned air (either heated or cooled) to escape into the roof space, so if energy efficiency is of concern you will be better off considering positioning j-boxes in strategic places. Have you laid out the furniture for the room? If so, you can place your j-boxes with some confidence. Alternatively you can give yourself some flexibility with cable and rail lighting which can be wired with a remote transformer or a surface mounted one at the j-box. I recently published an article on lighting that features cable and rail along with other types of ceiling fixtures. You can read it on our website under the articles and resources page or paste this into your browser. http://akitchenthatworks.com/downloads/articles/WHG13C_Let_There_Be_Light.pdf.
Good luck!
   September 14, 2013 at 8:13AM
More Discussions
Need help with the center island countertop
I have emrald green (blackish green) granite countertop...
Need help with living room
Looking for help with a new living room colour and...
need info about spot lights over dining room table
We are planning new open kitchen/dining area and will...
Is it alright to repeat same light fixture collection throughout home
Have used Minka Lavery 1730 Series Collection (pleated,...
Icky Decor; Cool Room
Hi from Louisiana! We moved into a much bigger house...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™