Exterior Paint Selection Question
joycebone
I am about to paint and update the exterior of my house. Right now it's grey. I'm moving towards using a sage type color on my stucco house. My neighbor to the right also has a stucco house that is beige so I figured I needed to go a different direction from him. However, wide open to color suggestions.

I have Boston Ivy growing on the front of the garage which I'll have to take off for the painting. If anyone has suggestions on how to remove plant residue from the wall would love to hear that too!

Basically, now is the time for all those great ideas! Will switch out the shutters for the Batten and Board type. I'm considering stack stoning or doing something in the middle of the house where the Juliet balcony is. I'd love to update the entry area but have found the angles of the house make it hard to work with. My pretty glass door is covered by a weather door as a result. I would love an alternative. Any and all thoughts are appreciated. I live in a house with 4 guys so they are no help (sorry to the men who are. ;)
joycebone
The sun wasn't helping me out here with a photo of the house but at least this will give an idea of it.
0 Likes   September 14, 2013 at 12:28PM
juliab51
Take a look at Sherwin Williams 6165 Connected Gray. It is on my house, and is a nice soft green.
0 Likes   September 14, 2013 at 12:49PM
joycebone
Thanks Julia for the suggestion. Funny enough your color is only 2 swatches down from the one the example I posted above. What did you do for the trim and any accents? I'm curious about that aspect. Craftsman style tend to do a contrast for accent. Although, my house is not really that style. Hmm...decisions, decisions! I appreciate your help.
0 Likes   September 14, 2013 at 2:30PM
juliab51
My house is a a mid-century with lots of stone, so we kept the trim the same color as the house. The garage and front doors are stained a rich teak color and the storm door is SW 6334 Flower Pot. For your beautiful home, I don't have any specific suggestions, though I like the light trim and dark shutters that you have now.
0 Likes   Thanked by joycebone    September 14, 2013 at 3:01PM
Need help selecting exterior paint and interior paint colors
We are building a colonial-style house and are thinking...
slm49
Landscape And new exterior paint selection!
Planning to paint. Looking for paint color and landscape...
tammylinskey
Help me select exterior paint colors
My husband and I just purchased our first home in Arizona...
scottsdalek
Exterior paint selections/Lynwood Home
The exterior color paint selection is exceptional....
Lisa Tatro
What are your home plans for 2015?
What have you got in store for your home in 2015? ...
Re doing my kitchen area
I am giving my kitchen area a face lift and have two...
brennank4
New Roof - Help choose colors to match peach/pink brick!
Hello, We bought our first home in Austin, TX, built...
Susan Vacca
need site layout ideas
mass housing units
Emefa Ahiable
Need help planning the lighting for my new kitchen
I would need to know what kind of dimmers to buy and...
Daniel Ighani